IMBOC is proud to partner with Ford Racing

Welcome to the IMBOC forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. If you become a Supporting Member, you will have access to custom avatars, uploading images, personalized Garage listings, a special forum, and more. IMBOC.com is almost entirely user funded, so Supporting Memberships keeps IMBOC running! Registration is fast and simple, and basic membership is absolutely free! So please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us, but please read all of the IMBOC Frequently Asked Questions section first.
Become a Supporting Member. Find Out How!

Old 02-10-2013, 07:23 AM   #1
dennisafrompa
Lifetime Supporting Member

Default New posts?????

.....no matter what category I select on the new post icon,i.e. last 24 hrs, last week etc., I get a response that refers to a search......what gives????

Dennis A here in SEPA.
Signed by Chad McQueen, FRPP K springs 1 1/2" drop, Tokico adjustables, Agent 47mirrors, Raxiom Retro headlights, Astra Hammond louvres, Retro USA chrome bumpers, 17x8 FRPP wheels with Boss Knock off spinners, 255/50x17 Kuhmo Ecsta tires, FRPP KR mufflers, and a BAMA 93 street tune.
dennisafrompa is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 08:27 AM   #2
texasbullitt

GONE TO PLAID!

hi dennis,

you aren't alone, it happens to me as well.
sometimes when I go to quick links to click on 'todays' posts and basically its says nothing found, try again.
the occurances seem to be random also, sometimess it does it, sometimes it works...go figure. I will admit it is getting aggravating though.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #3
B-Man
This is not Facebook

Its related to do with latest versions of browsers and the current IMBOC software. We are seriously due for an upgrade folks, and that will need to occur sometime soon. The issue is that newer versions of the software may change how a few things work, and we tend to have a user base that is a bit.. uh.. resistant to changes sometimes

I've been looking for a work around, but I have been forced to clear history or cache when it acts up. Its annoying

Remember Wheaton's Law. Nicht die Regeln brechen und du wirst nicht in Schwierigkeiten zu bringen.
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #4
texasbullitt

GONE TO PLAID!

here we go.............

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:39 AM   #5
kaylan1521
Quest for single digits

When that happens I use Google Chrome.....problem solved
Old 02-10-2013, 10:18 AM   #6
skwerl

Monster BullittHead

The forum settings are all screwed up on the search as well. No matter which category you pick, it only gives results for the last 24 hours. Irritating that it was set up wrong from the very beginning and never corrected. Why have 5 different links for the new post search parameters if they all give the exact same result? Every other vBulletin forum will actually give you the new posts since your last visit, but not here.
skwerl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #7
dcard

Monster BullittHead

Join the club, I just got a naew computer as my old one crashed. this one has windows 8, Short version, I HATE IT. Half the time I click on here It opens as a guest. and i have to put in my ID and PW. All my account are the same. Never thought to try Google chrome.
BBK 62mm TB-FR Hotrod Cams-Headers-Steeda UDP's-FR 4:10's-Borla T-BAMA tune-JLT oil Separator-Airaid Air filter
Steeda sport springs & Adjutable Panhard-Koni STR-T Struts/Shocks-GT500 Strut mounts-J&M rear LCA-Whiteline relocation brackets-H&R wheel spacers-Saleen short shift kit-
Aero force guage-Shorty Antenna-Smoked Decklid panel-DG painted louvers-01 Bullitt Grille emblem-CDC Chin spoiler-SHR GT Lower Grille insert--Sequential lights-Black taillight trim-Bullitt third brake tint

USAF 1955-75
dcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:39 AM   #8
FarmerDon

Try Mozilla Firefox. That's what I have been using for over a year. I just use

it for IMBOC.
DHG # 01251-124,000+ miles -ACCEL COP's-LED 3rd Brake Light-Web Electric Sequential Turn Signals-Magnaflow Magnapack Catback Exhaust-Koni STR.T Struts and Shocks-Bullitt Center Caps from On in 60-JLT RAI DHG -Chin Spoiler -Mach 1 Grille Delete-FarmerDons Custom Mesh Grille Insert
USAF 70-74
FarmerDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #9
65MUSTANG01

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylan1521
When that happens I use Google Chrome.....problem solved

X2. That happens to me whenever I use IE, never had it happen on Chrome.

65MUSTANG01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #10
2008Bullitt0867

Mega BullittHead

Why???Why???

Fastest - Bad to the Bone - 2008 Mustang Bullitt / 2008 Bullitt Nationals (Myrtle Beach, SC)
Fastest - Bad to the Bone - 2008 Mustang Bullitt / 2009 Bullitt Nationals (Indianapolis, IN)

2008Bullitt0867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #11
pwd72s
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcard
Join the club, I just got a naew computer as my old one crashed. this one has windows 8, Short version, I HATE IT. Half the time I click on here It opens as a guest. and i have to put in my ID and PW. All my account are the same. Never thought to try Google chrome.

I've heard nothing good about windows 8...
pwd72s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:59 PM   #12
B-Man
This is not Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwerl
The forum settings are all screwed up on the search as well. No matter which category you pick, it only gives results for the last 24 hours. Irritating that it was set up wrong from the very beginning and never corrected. Why have 5 different links for the new post search parameters if they all give the exact same result? Every other vBulletin forum will actually give you the new posts since your last visit, but not here.
Read above. There is a cookie issue with the current vbulletin software (which is backrev'd and needs updated badly). The issue is related to search caching and new browser versions. Not sure what "setup wrong from the beginning" means, as the issue is recent.

I assume you don't mean search itself. The search form shows more than 24 hours, just tested it and saw 2010 and earlier.

Remember Wheaton's Law. Nicht die Regeln brechen und du wirst nicht in Schwierigkeiten zu bringen.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #13
B-Man
This is not Facebook

BTW: The vbulletin version issue will be addressed soon, if plans go well.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #14
Big Stig

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s
I've heard nothing good about windows 8...
I haven't even started to use Windows 7 yet. I never buy a new Windows until at least service pack 1 is out.

2012 GT Premium/Yellow Blaze-Black Int./401A Premier Trim/Brembo Package/3.73 Axle
Mods: FRPP Power Pack (428 HP/397 ft-lbs, K&N Filter, GT500 Mufflers), FRPP short throw shifter, FRPP Performance Info Center gauge in Roush vent pod, Boss 302S grille, Boss 302 flat black body trim with fog lamps, custom lower grille, black fender badges, black decklid panel with tri-bar pony, flat black mirror caps and tail light trim, FRPP Boss 302S 19x9 and 19x10 wheels.
Big Stig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #15
B-Man
This is not Facebook

Moving this thread to the Complaint Department so I can track it as a maintenance issue.