Another broken heater hose tee - IMBOC
IMBOC is proud to partner with Ford Racing

Welcome to the IMBOC forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. If you become a Supporting Member, you will have access to custom avatars, uploading images, personalized Garage listings, a special forum, and more. IMBOC.com is almost entirely user funded, so Supporting Memberships keeps IMBOC running! Registration is fast and simple, and basic membership is absolutely free! So please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us, but please read all of the IMBOC Frequently Asked Questions section first.
Become a Supporting Member. Find Out How!

Old 03-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #1
Relaytech
aka "RelayTech"

Default Another broken heater hose tee

Hi all, new to this forum, just joined last night! I have been reading everything I can find on the broken heater hose tee issue, and have decided I just want to delete the whole heated PCV valve circuit. So my question for someone that does not have the heated PCV valve (or has done this mod), is can I remove and plug the 1/4" coolant hose fitting on the front of the intake manifold. Here is the part I am talking about:
From Mustang

Also, on an unrelated issue, is there a CAI that works with a strut tower brace? Any recommendations on either? The car came with a CAI, but rubs on the valve cover and the inner fender well where it goes through the fender well.

Thanks for any info you can give!

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

Relaytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #2
GCUbersoldat
aka "Mike"

Monster BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaytech
Hi all, new to this forum, just joined last night! I have been reading everything I can find on the broken heater hose tee issue, and have decided I just want to delete the whole heated PCV valve circuit. So my question for someone that does not have the heated PCV valve (or has done this mod), is can I remove and plug the 1/4" coolant hose fitting on the front of the intake manifold. Here is the part I am talking about:
From Mustang

Also, on an unrelated issue, is there a CAI that works with a strut tower brace? Any recommendations on either? The car came with a CAI, but rubs on the valve cover and the inner fender well where it goes through the fender well.

Thanks for any info you can give!

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

Being located in south florida i went ahead and just ripped off the entire hose system back there that had anything to do with the heater. plugged the hole behind the water pump and on the intake manifold. car actually runs a little cooler and no more T-fitting to worry about.
2001 Mustang Bullitt #2379 5.0 stroker, longtubes, other assorted goodies.
GCUbersoldat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:07 PM   #3
Relaytech
aka "RelayTech"

Thanks for the quick reply! That's awesome! So you completely did away with your heater. I can't do that over in Eastern WA, it does get quite cold here in the winter. Any how, sorry for my ignorance, but are you saying it is safe to remove and plug the fitting I have circled? I will also do away with the tee in the heater hose and replace with a straight coupler, or just replace the whole hose with a 1 piece unit.

Thanks again!
Old 03-04-2013, 10:42 PM   #4
GCUbersoldat
aka "Mike"

Monster BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaytech
Thanks for the quick reply! That's awesome! So you completely did away with your heater. I can't do that over in Eastern WA, it does get quite cold here in the winter. Any how, sorry for my ignorance, but are you saying it is safe to remove and plug the fitting I have circled? I will also do away with the tee in the heater hose and replace with a straight coupler, or just replace the whole hose with a 1 piece unit.

Thanks again!
Cant remember exactly what i did back there but if i remember correctly i just plugged the hole you circled and put rubber caps on the PCV setup near the intake manifold then replaced the broken T fitting with a barb splice. Dug up some pics of what i did...hope it helps:

the fitting you have circled:

excuse the sloppiness but i was in a rush to get the car working...its this concept basically but much cleaner. just noticed the heater inlet/outlet is plugged in the pic...would wait until someone else chimes in on how to deal with that. my memory is hazy and i dont want to tell you something that is wrong.
2001 Mustang Bullitt #2379 5.0 stroker, longtubes, other assorted goodies.
GCUbersoldat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:59 PM   #5
Relaytech
aka "RelayTech"

Oh, wow! Yes, that is exactly what I needed! Like they say, a picture is worth a 1000 words. Thank you so much!
Old 03-06-2013, 02:58 AM   #6
PhotoRick
aka "Rick"
Lifetime Supporting Member

Great help, guys! My DHG1248 was one of the few built before the PCV heater was added.