Weld Racing RTS Forged aluminum wheels - IMBOC
IMBOC is proud to partner with Ford Racing

Welcome to the IMBOC forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. If you become a Supporting Member, you will have access to custom avatars, uploading images, personalized Garage listings, a special forum, and more. IMBOC.com is almost entirely user funded, so Supporting Memberships keeps IMBOC running! Registration is fast and simple, and basic membership is absolutely free! So please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us, but please read all of the IMBOC Frequently Asked Questions section first.
Become a Supporting Member. Find Out How!

Old 03-06-2013, 10:57 PM   #1
itsabullitt
aka "Garrett"

Monster BullittHead

Default Weld Racing RTS Forged aluminum wheels

Anyone know if the medium pad would work with our factory rear breaks? I have Weld Rodlites in the back right now and they clear the brakes, just wondering if the low or medium pad would clear? They don't offer the high pad for the 15" wheels. I've tried a few other wheels in 15" and they hit on the caliper. Thinking about getting a set of these with a 15x8.25 in the back and 17x4.7 up front with a high pad. The pic below shows medium pad clearing the brakes ona GT500, so I would assume it should clear our factory brakes in the rear.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:57 PM   #2
hoosierblackbullitt
aka "Brad"
Bullitthead Lifer

You Broke the Server!

I would think they should clear. Perhaps give them a call to find out.

I'm sorry you find my normal behavior inappropriate.
hoosierblackbullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:56 PM   #3
kaylan1521
aka "Paul"
Quest for single digits

Garrett, I would probably go for high pad based on the description above that specifically mentions Brembo brakes. Sorry buddy, meant to chime in yesterday.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #4
skwerl
aka "Brian"

Monster BullittHead

For rears the medium pad has plenty of clearance. On my 09 I have 15x9.25 on the rear and 15x3.75 on the front. I did have to grind on the front calipers a little and on the rear I needed to install the sway bar relocation brackets. With the 8.25X15 on the rear you shouldn't need to worry about the relocation brackets.

skwerl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:40 PM   #5
tigerhonaker
aka "Terry"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwerl
For rears the medium pad has plenty of clearance. On my 09 I have 15x9.25 on the rear and 15x3.75 on the front. I did have to grind on the front calipers a little and on the rear I needed to install the sway bar relocation brackets. With the 8.25X15 on the rear you shouldn't need to worry about the relocation brackets.

Nice ^^^^

Terry
Old 03-07-2013, 10:59 PM   #6
itsabullitt
aka "Garrett"

Monster BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylan1521
Garrett, I would probably go for high pad based on the description above that specifically mentions Brembo brakes. Sorry buddy, meant to chime in yesterday.
Thanks Paul. Was planning on high pad for the fronts, just concerned about the rears since I've tried 3 different sets of 15" wheels and only the rodlites I have now clear. With the 15;s they only offer low or medium pad.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:03 PM   #7
itsabullitt
aka "Garrett"

Monster BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwerl

Thanks Brian. Good info to have, and a sweet looking ride you've got. I'd be running 17's up front on mine as there's just no way the 15's will clear. I run 17x4.5 greg weld race lites now with 15x8 weld rodlites in the back, but am really wanting a matching set of front and rears. The 17's are expensive though, so it may be a while.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:56 PM   #8
Bullitt 736
aka "Charles"
Charles

GONE TO PLAID!

Gonna look good!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #9
itsabullitt
aka "Garrett"

Monster BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt 736
Gonna look good!

I think it will. The 17" fronts are so expensive I may have to get some more streetable tires to get my money's worth. My front runners I have now made it about one summer on the street and now they're down to the wear bars. Gonna have do get some radials for the front that don't wear out so fast.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:00 PM   #10
88lxcoupe
aka "Brad"

Super BullittHead

I picked up a set of 17x4.5 and 15x10 champions for my dhg. Will be here at the end of the week.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:34 PM   #11
itsabullitt
aka "Garrett"

Monster BullittHead

Great. Looking forward to some pictures of the new wheels.