seat belt retractor - Page 2 - IMBOC
IMBOC is proud to partner with Ford Racing

Welcome to the IMBOC forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. If you become a Supporting Member, you will have access to custom avatars, uploading images, personalized Garage listings, a special forum, and more. IMBOC.com is almost entirely user funded, so Supporting Memberships keeps IMBOC running! Registration is fast and simple, and basic membership is absolutely free! So please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us, but please read all of the IMBOC Frequently Asked Questions section first.
Become a Supporting Member. Find Out How!

Old 01-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #16
TRUEBLUE3934
aka "Joe"

Monster BullittHead

I treated mine just one time about two years ago and it is still working very well. Prior to treating it, the belt had to be fed in for the last 18" or so.
HiTech StageII cams, BBK LTs, MAC ProChamber mid-pipe, Flow Master 50s, JLT CAI, X-Cal3(custom tune for 93oct), SVT Focus fuel pump, Steeda UDP, 3.90 gears (actually 3.91), Auburn Pro w/ 31 splines, Battery relocation, MGW shifter, Eibach Anti-Sway Bars, H&R Race springs, Bilstein HD Struts, MM Extreme Duty LCA w/ adj perches, MM CC Plates, MM FL SFC, MM Panhard Bar, 17x9 & 17x10.5 Bullitts, NA 285rwhp 295rwtq, 12.53ET @ 110.55mph on motor(4.10 gears), 11.66 @ 121.56mph(only 1.83 60') with 130shot of nitrous making 417rwhp/498tq(3.91 gears)
TRUEBLUE3934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 08:28 PM   #17
Bullistic
aka "Ron"

PY-Like BullittHead

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboyracing
That's good news, as taking the lower trim off looks to be a pain. I cracked the trim panel around the glass tryin to get it off.
As I ranted long and hard before Re- dealing with my rear interior panal and in general. Mustang cheap plastic is 'CRAP'
Old 01-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #18
doughboyracing
aka "Adam"

Mega BullittHead

You said it, Ron. I just got it back in, with crack. Makes me sad.

Back to the main topic, I think the reason my belts were hard to retract is because they'd become twisted the wrong way. I got the driver's side turned, hopefully the right way.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #19
Bullistic
aka "Ron"

PY-Like BullittHead

Unhappy

I didn't crack mine, just kind of gave up and put it back together before I did. BTW I was taking it off for s different reason.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #20
Chuck01
aka "Chuck"

Monster BullittHead

Mine constantly get stuck/twisted and it makes me nuts! I'm going to order a new one (pair) I think and just deal with pulling the interior apart.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #21
BullittDude
aka "Nick"

Mega BullittHead

mine started doing the exact same thing. Dealership said the warranty only covers 5 years or 50,000 miles for the seatbelt. My local dealership said the retractor and belt are all one piece and costs about 230 dollars.
BullittDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #22
Fivepointstang
aka "SGTCarter"

BullittHead

Glad I found this post. Really the only complaint of my newfound Bullitt. Will try armor all and post back with results
Fivepointstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #23
Monevasia
aka "Chris"

There was a TSB issued for this problem
TSB-04-24-21 not sure if they would still honour it.

The part number for the fix is YR3Z-63611D70-AA some kind of teflon tape that helps the seat belt roll back.
Monevasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #24
bullitt3980

I have a Ford dealer as a customer and as a lark I got the parts lady to see if a seat belt was still available. As far as she could see only black is still available--then she mentioned the service dept regularly gets complaints about the Mustangs seat belt and they use silicone (Armour-all is mostly silicone) to lube the belt and it really works.
bullitt3980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #25
DavidMidgley
aka "MidgeMan"

GONE TO PLAID!

Now that is interesting.

I knew I could use my Armour All for something besides slinging it up from the tires to the bodywork....
My name is David J. Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me that. You can call me David. Or you can call me David J. Or you can call me David Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me David J. Midgley....
DavidMidgley is offline   Reply With Quote