"tigermachine II" 723.63 RWHP/904.54 H/P at Crank, BRENSPEED DYNO Video, Post #8343 - Page 564 - IMBOC
IMBOC is proud to partner with Ford Racing

Welcome to the IMBOC forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. If you become a Supporting Member, you will have access to custom avatars, uploading images, personalized Garage listings, a special forum, and more. IMBOC.com is almost entirely user funded, so Supporting Memberships keeps IMBOC running! Registration is fast and simple, and basic membership is absolutely free! So please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us, but please read all of the IMBOC Frequently Asked Questions section first.
Become a Supporting Member. Find Out How!

Old 07-24-2014, 10:01 PM   #8446
FarmerDon
Lifetime Supporting Member

Nice-Very nice!!! Well AWESOME!!!
DHG # 01251-124,000+ miles -ACCEL COP's-LED 3rd Brake Light-Web Electric Sequential Turn Signals-Magnaflow Magnapack Catback Exhaust-Koni STR.T Struts and Shocks-Bullitt Center Caps from On in 60-JLT RAI DHG -Chin Spoiler -Mach 1 Grille Delete-FarmerDons Custom Mesh Grille Insert
USAF 70-74
FarmerDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2014, 10:30 PM   #8447
nelsonbullitt

Monster BullittHead

Looks real nice, Terry. The tape stripe adds something.

So, will you take it to the strip? I wonder what times you might do.

More photos would be great, too.

BTW, what caused the bowed hood? I am convinced the Roush hood struts are too strong for the stock hood and have that problem a bit too.

How did you fix it?

Anyway, car looks great!
Dyno'd 588 rwhp, 490 rwtq.
Black with white stripe.
nelsonbullitt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:26 AM   #8448
tigerhonaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt4003 View Post
Nice photos, Terry.
Hi Greg,

I'm glad you liked those Pictures.

You know what ???

This Pic takes me way back to in some ways Happier times for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerDon View Post
Nice-Very nice!!! Well AWESOME!!!
Don,

Thanks for the compliments buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonbullitt View Post
Looks real nice, Terry. The tape stripe adds something.

So, will you take it to the strip? I wonder what times you might do.

More photos would be great, too.

BTW, what caused the bowed hood? I am convinced the Roush hood struts are too strong for the stock hood and have that problem a bit too.

How did you fix it?

Anyway, car looks great!
Bob,

I really have not decided if I will run it this year at The NMRA World Finals in Bowling Green, KY. or not.

I am so happy to have it back I am a little reluctant I suppose to stick it on a Drag Strip.

Maybe I will feel different as time goes by.

The Seibon CF (Carbon Fiber) hood fitment issue was ...........

The Roush hood-struts.

Seibon said in their instructions to "Not" use any Hood-Struts.

I told Brenspeed I wanted to match the Roush Supercharger so install the Roush Hood-Struts.

Bad move and decision on my part.

They (Roush Hood-Struts) caused the hood to be high next to the windshield and also they bowed the hood slightly in the middle section.

I saw that when I had it in TX. at the Shootout and knew I messed up.

So when the Bullitt went back to Brenspeed I had them remove those hood-struts.

Simply went back to the OEM Hood Support Bar.

Then Brenspeed sent it back to Eric that did the Custom painting on the Center Section to refit the hood with the Roush Hood-Struts removed.

Eric did an excellent job on readjusting the hood and now it looks awesome.

Oh you also said you like the Fender (Side Graphics).

This time the guy that does them for Brenspeed changed the Design some and these really look great.

They Do-Not just JUMP out in your face at all.

At the right angle you see them but if you are not really looking for them you probably would not know they are there.

They are as the pictures show a Flat Charcoal finish.

The color/finish comes very-very close to matching the side mirrors, front & rear GT/CS fascia's and front & rear Honeycomb grills.

Brent & George told me they really liked these much better than the 1st set.

Once I saw the Bullitt in person I knew why they said what they did.

These do look very nice and the install of them is perfect.

I'm not sure what other pictures you or anyone would like to see ???

If you have some in mind just tell me and I will see if I can take the ones you want.

Terry
Old Yesterday, 02:28 AM   #8449
bobnixon
Supporting Member

Man, i cant imagine what i could with that much hp,here in these mountains,whoee.

Terry she sure is sharp.
Old Yesterday, 08:33 AM   #8450
chuckh
Best Eng. 2011. Best 08/09 HG 2012 Nats

PY-Like BullittHead

Looking good Terry, fun to have the machine back at home so you can play with it right.

Johnny Lightening 93 Octane tune, Detroit Rocker Cams, Shorty Headers, Green air filter, Quater window louvers, SHR Black taillight bezels, SHR Lower grille inserts, SHR Radiator close out panels, Sequential taillights, Retro 60's parking lights, SHR Engine dress up kit, Black wrinkle cam covers, SHR deck lid panel,MGW shifter, Rear Diffuser

chuckh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:47 AM   #8451
RonReam
"GrannyShifter"

PY-Like BullittHead

Terry,
For this amount of power, I'm thinking you should switch to a 9" rear for strength, and to taller gearing like 3.15 or 3.31 so you can launch without just smoking the tires.

Old Yesterday, 09:12 AM   #8452
Bullitt2059

Mega BullittHead

WOW, that is one MEAN Bullitt! I love just about everything about that build. What are your overall driving impressions? does the car all come together well (handling, braking) or does the power kind of steal the show? (not a bad thing!)

If you get a chance, maybe some interior pictures? i'd love to see what the cockpit of that beast looks like (gagues and such).
Old Yesterday, 09:14 AM   #8453
spectreman

Monster BullittHead

That car is THE Godzilla of all Bullitts.
Lee
spectreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:09 AM   #8454
Dodging Bullitt

Monster BullittHead

Terry

Thanks for the photos. Very nice look and impressive mods for the new and improved - new and improved - new and improved - new and improved - new and improved - - new and improved - tigermachine (I am sure that I left a few out) . And I am anxious to see what you have in mind for the next new and improved tigermachine. I am curious if you noticed much difference in driveability with the comp cams over the Detroit rocker cams.
Old Yesterday, 08:55 PM   #8455
tigerhonaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnixon View Post
Man, i cant imagine what i could with that much hp,here in these mountains,whoee.

Terry she sure is sharp.
I Thank-You Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckh View Post
Looking good Terry, fun to have the machine back at home so you can play with it right.
Chuck,

Thanks Chuck I'm glad you like the way it looks.

I have gotten to drive it some since bringing it home.

It drives so normal unless you

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonReam View Post
Terry,
For this amount of power, I'm thinking you should switch to a 9" rear for strength, and to taller gearing like 3.15 or 3.31 so you can launch without just smoking the tires.
I read you and I do follow what you are saying.

There are "Additional Changes" coming but not a 9" rear assembly right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt2059 View Post
WOW, that is one MEAN Bullitt! I love just about everything about that build. What are your overall driving impressions? does the car all come together well (handling, braking) or does the power kind of steal the show? (not a bad thing!)

If you get a chance, maybe some interior pictures? i'd love to see what the cockpit of that beast looks like (gagues and such).
The Bullitt drives just like a basically stock Mustang, sort of.

But it does change "Abruptly" if I really get into it with the Go-Pedal.

It gets Crazy if from a Stop or slow-rolling speed I really get into it !!!

Additional pictures I can do for you on the interior.

I don't think I have any right now of the interior after the last Major changes.

I'll try to get them taken and posted in the near future for you.

Just check back on this Thread for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectreman View Post
That car is THE Godzilla of all Bullitts.
Lee
Lee,

It's a nice thing for me the guy that owns the Bullitt for you to say and especially if you actually think that.

I appreciate your way of stating what you think buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodging Bullitt View Post
Terry

Thanks for the photos. Very nice look and impressive mods for the new and improved - new and improved - new and improved - new and improved - new and improved - - new and improved - tigermachine (I am sure that I left a few out) . And I am anxious to see what you have in mind for the next new and improved tigermachine. I am curious if you noticed much difference in driveability with the comp cams over the Detroit rocker cams.
Al,

Thanks for your thoughts on the end result of it.

Quote:
And I am anxious to see what you have in mind for the next new and improved tigermachine.
Just hang loose as I will Post on this Thread what Brent & George have in mind as soon as I get that exact information.
Probably that will be coming next week IMHO.

Quote:
I am curious if you noticed much difference in drivability with the comp cams over the Detroit rocker cams.
The Detroit Rocker Cams ......
I better watch and think before I post this on what I think.
Here goes Al,
I think the Brenspeed "Detroit Rocker Cams" do just fine in a more [Normal] application.
I have not had those cams with this new set-up so honestly I can't really compare.
I can tell you how these new Comp Cams are to drive with.
They are an excellent choice as Brent made that decision not me.
Being the Wild-Ass I am I was going to go with the Really-Bad-Boy Comp Cams.
Brent had also ran them doing test.
He was (Totally) against running them for my application for a Street Driven Mustang.
I gave it some though and backed-off and let Brent do what he thought was right for cam choice.
I can't really say much beyond what I have posted before on the drivability of my Bullitt now.
It drives just like a Stock Bullitt Mustang in the City, interstate, heavy traffic, Stop & go traffic, cruising at 70-75 MPH with cruise set.
Here is the way I would describe driving mine as it currently is.
Start it and let the temperature gauge move and the idle settle down,
put it in D (Drive) and off you go in a very normal manner,
turn onto the interstate, turn A/C on, set cruise, turn the X/M satellite radio on,
set back, relax, and down the interstate you go.

But ............

It is a Jekyll & Hyde sort of Mustang in reality.

Calm as I described above ..........

Or .......

Matt it from a stop and it simply Explodes and does not stop accelerating that I could tell.

I'm not sure it would be very smart to be stopped and floor it and keep it on the floor.

I tried it rolling and had to let up on it and let it shift, gain speed, and then floor it again and it is gone !!!

The Comp Cams in mine are for a Supercharged application with high boost.

They work with like the Stage III Ford Racing Heads, Comp Cams for High Boost, Comp Racing Springs, Retainers, Comp Limiter Phaser Up-Grades, LT Headers and all the rest of the matched components.

They would not be like simply installing a set of the Brenspeed "Detroit Rocker Cams" and not having to change anything else in the valve train.

I hope I have said and explain this to where you understand.
If you don't understand it is not on your end it is my inability to put it into the correct words for it to make sense.

Terry

Tags
new tigermachine for 2014, so stay tuned in ...