723.63 RWHP/904.54 H/P @ Crank, DYNO Video, Post #8343, 144 Pics. Post # 8,508 - Page 571 - IMBOC
IMBOC is proud to partner with Ford Racing

Welcome to the IMBOC forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. If you become a Supporting Member, you will have access to custom avatars, uploading images, personalized Garage listings, a special forum, and more. IMBOC.com is almost entirely user funded, so Supporting Memberships keeps IMBOC running! Registration is fast and simple, and basic membership is absolutely free! So please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us, but please read all of the IMBOC Frequently Asked Questions section first.
Become a Supporting Member. Find Out How!

Old 08-20-2014, 12:55 AM   #8551
tigerhonaker

Lightbulb

Evening Guys,

I received an E-Mail from M/T (Mickey Thompson) rep today I have been working with for over a year now.

The 305/35-20" Mickey Thompson Street Comp tires are suppose to arrive his location this week for (Final inspection/Quality Control).

Then they will ship ...........

So looks like I might very well have the new M/T tires on the Bullitt before I deliver it back to Brenspeed the 2nd week of September.

Terry

Old 08-20-2014, 08:40 AM   #8552
olds350

Monster BullittHead

Back to Brenspeed? What's going on now?

Why yes, I DO drive a green car....

40% window tint, Tokico D-specs, Vogtland sport springs, adjustable panhard, SOS radio panel, VDO oil pressure/water temp/analog clock, pioneer head unit, MGW shifter, MOMO shift knob, Green air filter, smoked front turn signals, trailer hitch, home made GPS mount on dash, leather 3/4 e-brake cover and center console pad, AM Charcoal AMR 18x9 Wheels. Eibach sway bars, GT500 brembo front BBK, hawk HPS brake pads, 275 Dunlops Direzza ZII on Saleen knockoffs for autocross.
olds350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:49 AM   #8553
nelsonbullitt

Monster BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by olds350 View Post
Ditto!
Dyno'd 588 rwhp, 490 rwtq.
Black with white stripe.
Not fast enough yet.
nelsonbullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:22 PM   #8554
tigerhonaker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonbullitt View Post
Ditto!
Rodney & Bob,

Below is the post I did earlier on here.
It covers what and why I am taking it back to Brenspeed 2nd week of September.

Quote:

08-14-2014, 09:36 PM #8532
tigerhonaker

The next set of Changes/Modifications to the Bullitt Mustang at Brenspeed ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsabullitt
Hey Terry. The car is looking better than ever. I'm curious why you're contemplating sending her back in under the knife. You've stated multiple times that this is just a street car, and believe me, I know this to be true. I just wonder why with 900+hp on tap you're wanting to throw more power at the old girl. I understand having the heads, and them being able to handle the extra power to make the most out of them etc. It seems like you would rarely if ever find an opportunity to use the full power of the car as it sits in it's current street trim with that much horsepower. In a racing application where chassis and tire setup can be adjusted to harness that kind of power, I could totally understand. Anyway, just curious. I guess if I had the funds and was that close to 4 digit hp levels, I might be thinking about going bigger too.

Garrett,

You know I have actually put off doing the post on taking the Bullitt back to Brenspeed.

I have been in somewhat daily discussions with Brent on that matter.

And that being said Brent & I have finalized as best we can on what is going to take place next.

So your timing could not be better for me to be actually be able to provide you and others with what's going on and why.

So instead of doing multiple posting I'll just explain what is going to take place at Brenspeed and that will at the same time answer your question.

I think most of you know that IMO Brenspeed/Brent and I have many years involvement with one another.

You might say my Bullitt which is also known as an S-197 Mustang is like a Test/Development machine with Brenspeed.

If your a Performance Shop with integrity like Brenspeed actually is.

You should be testing products and ideas before you go Hog-Wild selling them to the General-Public.

That's where a car like mine comes into play I think.

So moving right along below is what is going to take place once I drop the Bullitt off the 2nd week of September.

These next changes will coincide and work with what has been already completed recently on mine.

Brent wanted me to drive it and make sure everything they had done so far was working as it should.

Well it sure is working as best as I can tell.

So that being said it's time to go to the next step which will pretty much complete things I think as far as POWER enhancements.

I'll list the changes below and add Links to the items I can that are involved.

(1) DeatschWerks injectors 95lb (1000cc) Fuel Injectors.

http://www.deatschwerks.com/products/fuel-injectors/modern-muscle/ford/mustang-gt/1985-04-mustang-gt/17u-05-0095-8-393-detail

(2) Going from the 1 5/8" LT (Long Tube) Kooks Headers to the 1 3/4" Kooks LT Stainless Headers.

http://www.brenspeed.com/6022-134.html

(3) 2005-2010 Mustang GT KOOKS Catted H Pipe 3" Inlet and 2-1/2" OEM outlet.

http://www.brenspeed.com/6023-ch-3.html

(4) If Brent & George feel like it is not to LOUD after they (Remove) the cats they will stay off.

So basically that is a picture above of the same mid pipe with the cats on it, and we just slide out the legs and slide in legs that have no cats

If they feel it is to LOUD then the Kooks 3" Catted H-pipe W/Cats will be what I run.

(5) They are also going to port my supercharger.

There may be a few other things but I think that pretty much covers the next set of changes.

Well gang that's the deal for you that follow the Bullitt Mustang of mine.

Terry

Terry
Old 08-20-2014, 01:16 PM   #8555
olds350

Monster BullittHead

always something going on in Terry's world. Very cool....

Why yes, I DO drive a green car....

40% window tint, Tokico D-specs, Vogtland sport springs, adjustable panhard, SOS radio panel, VDO oil pressure/water temp/analog clock, pioneer head unit, MGW shifter, MOMO shift knob, Green air filter, smoked front turn signals, trailer hitch, home made GPS mount on dash, leather 3/4 e-brake cover and center console pad, AM Charcoal AMR 18x9 Wheels. Eibach sway bars, GT500 brembo front BBK, hawk HPS brake pads, 275 Dunlops Direzza ZII on Saleen knockoffs for autocross.
olds350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:13 PM   #8556
tigerhonaker

Lightbulb

Quote:
always something going on in Terry's world. Very cool....
Rodney,

I try my best to be very-very (Thorough).

Terry
Old 08-20-2014, 04:15 PM   #8557
marichardson
Lifetime Supporting Member

Cool Here we go (faster) again

Just when it was pronounced "done!".

Without a doubt, Terry has a terminal disease of moditius complicated by notfastis-eneff syndrome. Praying for recovery.
marichardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:32 PM   #8558
SnakeBit
Timmissingname

GONE TO PLAID!

that syndrome is complicated by viruses, needusfourspeedus and cantis leevus alonus which are both potentially terminal if not treated properly.
was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

SnakeBit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:17 PM   #8559
nelsonbullitt

Monster BullittHead

Just a thought, Terry. If you go from the 3" to 2.5" exhaust, with the massive amount of air you need to move, I would think it might be too restrictive.

As I stated before, the '11 and up use 2.75 pipes. I would guess that you could hook your off road H to that.

My guess is that taking the cats off will be too loud unless you add resonators.

If you did add the GT500/5.0 rear pipes, you might be able to use the newer axle back hangers as well and then look at using the GT500 axle backs which flow excellent and have a truly great sound. Right up there with the Borlas.

Just a couple ideas.
Dyno'd 588 rwhp, 490 rwtq.
Black with white stripe.
Not fast enough yet.
nelsonbullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:44 PM   #8560
Eddie1353

Mega BullittHead

So with all this new power will it still pass emission ?
Old 08-21-2014, 12:28 AM   #8561
tigerhonaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichardson View Post
Just when it was pronounced "done!".

Without a doubt, Terry has a terminal disease of moditius complicated by notfastis-eneff syndrome. Praying for recovery.
Mike,

Well "Done" in my case usually always mean for right then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBit View Post
that syndrome is complicated by viruses, needusfourspeedus and cantis leevus alonus which are both potentially terminal if not treated properly.
Tim,

Hey I am treating both of them as frequently as I can.

Brenspeed is over 16 hours there and back so treatments are sometimes not real close together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonbullitt View Post
Just a thought, Terry. If you go from the 3" to 2.5" exhaust, with the massive amount of air you need to move, I would think it might be too restrictive.

As I stated before, the '11 and up use 2.75 pipes. I would guess that you could hook your off road H to that.

My guess is that taking the cats off will be too loud unless you add resonators.

If you did add the GT500/5.0 rear pipes, you might be able to use the newer axle back hangers as well and then look at using the GT500 axle backs which flow excellent and have a truly great sound. Right up there with the Borlas.

Just a couple ideas.
Bob,

I'm not sure exactly how things are going to end up exhaust wise.

I think I will just wait and see on it to be honest.

I honestly doubt driving it on the street if I run the 3" into the 2 1/2" will make any difference at all.

Once you get to a certain power level I just don't think you can really tell the small difference in something like exhaust size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1353 View Post
So with all this new power will it still pass emission ?
Eddie,

That buddy I don't really know.

It probably will though if I run the new Kooks High-Flow cats.

And more than likely I will end up with running those cats as it will just be to darn LOUD with No-Cats.

I have done a lot of reading about guys removing the cats and their Mustangs were instantly LOUD.

As in way to LOUD !!!

That's why I say more than likely I will end up running cats when I pick it back up this next time.

Terry
Old 08-21-2014, 04:46 AM   #8562
bobnixon

GONE TO PLAID!

Tags
new tigermachine for 2014, so stay tuned in ...