Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

34 years ago today...

2K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  hoosierblackbullitt 
#1 · (Edited)
34 years ago today I put down $500.00 bucks down on a $2,500.00 '67 Mustang at a used car lot in Fullerton, Ca. in 1980. Three days later I was driving the coolest car in town, and still am today.

Man if it could only talk about the things we have done together over the last 34 years. The races, brurn outs, top speed runs, road trips, track time and yes off roading too. I have done a lot of crazy things with it. And still she kept on going. Now she gets pampered like the queen she is with a new paint job, new interior, new suspension, and the best of all, many new friends here on IMBOC.

This is also a sad day, in that after coming home with the down payment receipt for my '67 Mustang. I saw the news that Steve McQueen had passed away. I wanted the car from the first time I saw BULLITT as a kid. I wish I could have met him.

So, on this day I give thanks to Steve McQueen, Lee Iococca and FoMoCo for my Bullitt Mustang.

See less See more
#3 ·
WOW! That's some history. With one car!

I am sorry to say that I could have had a similar history with a 68 Mustang fastback. It wasn't HG, but red. Badly faded red. Poor thing had been flogged badly, like well, a red painted step-child. It had a V-8, almost de rigor back then, although there were sixer fastbacks. 3 speed stick, and a torn up faded red interior.

I needed, er wanted a 390 GT. This wasn't it. I never found another one for sale that I even closely wanted.

That was spring 1974 and the movie was still on my mind from watching it in the theater in 1968.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.