723.63 RWHP/904.54 H/P @ Crank, DYNO Video, Post #8343, 144 Pics. Post # 8,508 - Page 587 - IMBOC
IMBOC is proud to partner with Ford Racing

Welcome to the IMBOC forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. If you become a Supporting Member, you will have access to custom avatars, uploading images, personalized Garage listings, a special forum, and more. IMBOC.com is almost entirely user funded, so Supporting Memberships keeps IMBOC running! Registration is fast and simple, and basic membership is absolutely free! So please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us, but please read all of the IMBOC Frequently Asked Questions section first.
Become a Supporting Member. Find Out How!

Old 11-10-2014, 08:20 PM   #8791
SnakeBit
aka "Timmissingname"
Supporting Member

I am going to say this. I have to agree with Terry on most of his points. would I spend that much money and get that much HP if I had the money....no. but that is just me. there are plenty around that just want the HP, not to necessarily use it or prove anything, just because they can. all the work certainly adds to the mystique of the car and certainly goes a long way at car shows.

for me, 400hp or 1200 hp, I will drive my car the same way....pretty much like granny. I cannot afford to break it and no, I will not race mine track or any other place for that reason. am I interested in what mine would do...yes, enough to try.....no.

everybody wants to know that even with a 400 hp car. why...so they can critique it or you and your driving? they can go watch the races in person or on tv and critique until they are happy. like monday morning quarterbacking or even at game time....they shoulda done this or that like they are going to jump on the field and make a difference themselves. easy to judge someone else, but not the one in the mirror.

you make you car yours and you enjoy it the way you want to. let everyone else guess.
was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

SnakeBit is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2014, 11:25 PM   #8792
dcard
aka "Dale"

Monster BullittHead

Terry, I hear you man, I did some drag strip running in the 60's. Seemed like a long day just for a few runs, and like you say. couldn't see putting a bunch of money, MY money into a car and then break something. which will happen, More fun running a Sat night stocker on the dirt track. Like SnakeBit says, " you make you car yours and you enjoy it the way you want to. let everyone else guess.." But I sure could use a Paxton in this GM town
BBK 62mm TB-FR Hotrod Cams-Headers-Steeda UDP's-FR 4:10's-Borla T-BAMA tune-JLT oil Separator-Airaid Air filter
Steeda sport springs & Adjutable Panhard-Koni STR-T Struts/Shocks-GT500 Strut mounts-J&M rear LCA-Whiteline relocation brackets-H&R wheel spacers-Saleen short shift kit-
Aero force guage-Shorty Antenna-Smoked Decklid panel-DG painted louvers-01 Bullitt Grille emblem-CDC Chin spoiler-SHR GT Lower Grille insert--Sequential lights-Black taillight trim-Bullitt third brake tint

USAF 1955-75
dcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:04 AM   #8793
first ford
aka "rick"

You Broke the Server!

two things I know to be true
1] Racing breaks stuff
2] My insurance policy does NOT cover my car while on the dragstrip and god forbid anything happens the accident report is made out on site.

These are the two reasons I do not race either of my cars any longer. Terry I have quite a few friends who are heavily involved in drag racing and believe me I take quite a bit of flack from them as in you really need to get a time slip for the cars , aren't you curious about the numbers they will run .... etc etc etc. My car my money my way.
Vortech V-7 YSI ,Kooks LT W/ H pipe, 62 Mil TB, 3.5"Dynotech shaft, Steeda swaybar & end links,SLP exhaust, T56 magnum 6spd trans,Mcleod clutch ,steeda lca BMR uca,FRPP axle girdle , Koni yellows, Moser axles,UMI pan hard bar,SLP line lock, boost gauge, wideband ,BMR relocation brackets,B 302 stroker,SHR louvers,Steeda torque boxs,Prothane motor mounts,CHE torque limiter,Raptor shift light, Baer Decelarotors, Nitto NT05 295/45/18 out back, torq thrust wheels, Comp cams,MRT Custom shift knob,MRT Bullitt hood 682 RWHP/577T /2014 GHIG GT lightly modded .. so far
first ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:58 AM   #8794
Eddie1353
aka "Eddie"

Mega BullittHead

Hope you didn't take my post in the wrong way. I just thought your car was some sort of Brenspeed's test car's. That's why i asked if the parts where going to be tested so they could tell what works and what don't. I have seen them drive/test it before so didn't know if it was going to happen again.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:56 AM   #8795
nelsonbullitt
aka "Bob"
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
Dale,

(5) Dude what happened that the Rod came through the block that is terrible I thought you had the best of everything.

Terry
My personal favorite comment from Terry!

BTW, note that the rod came through your block not mine!

Been there, done that. When that hole appears with lots of oil and smoke, the broken piston rod looks like an amputee. Poor thing...
5.0 dohc. Roush 2300 TVS, upgraded fuel system. Aluminum DS, Tokico D-specs, bars, LCAs, relocation brackets, GT500 strut brace. 2010 GT500 forged wheels with BGF Sport comp-2. JBA LT ceramic coated ss headers with catted OR H pipe and stock axle backs.
Last dynojet results: 591RWHP.

nelsonbullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 01:04 PM   #8796
Eddie1353
aka "Eddie"

Mega BullittHead

I'm sure that could also happen on the Dyno.
Old 11-11-2014, 06:19 PM   #8797
tigerhonaker
aka "Terry"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBit View Post
I am going to say this. I have to agree with Terry on most of his points. would I spend that much money and get that much HP if I had the money....no. but that is just me. there are plenty around that just want the HP, not to necessarily use it or prove anything, just because they can. all the work certainly adds to the mystique of the car and certainly goes a long way at car shows.

for me, 400hp or 1200 hp, I will drive my car the same way....pretty much like granny. I cannot afford to break it and no, I will not race mine track or any other place for that reason. am I interested in what mine would do...yes, enough to try.....no.

everybody wants to know that even with a 400 hp car. why...so they can critique it or you and your driving? they can go watch the races in person or on tv and critique until they are happy. like monday morning quarterbacking or even at game time....they shoulda done this or that like they are going to jump on the field and make a difference themselves. easy to judge someone else, but not the one in the mirror.

you make you car yours and you enjoy it the way you want to. let everyone else guess.
Tim,

We are on the same Line-of-Thinking for sure.

One spends their dollars and it's up to that person to decide how they want to enjoy their vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcard View Post
Terry, I hear you man, I did some drag strip running in the 60's. Seemed like a long day just for a few runs, and like you say. couldn't see putting a bunch of money, MY money into a car and then break something. which will happen, More fun running a Sat night stocker on the dirt track. Like SnakeBit says, " you make you car yours and you enjoy it the way you want to. let everyone else guess.." But I sure could use a Paxton in this GM town
Dale,

As you pointed out it is a Long-Day sitting in my Mustang with all the gear on.
You get your butt in line and then wait.
Finally you get to make a pass and then do the same thing all over again.

I'm not saying I did not enjoy doing that.
I'm saying I don't think it's something I wish to do real frequent.

Hey Dale I'm patiently waiting until next year when a guy I know makes that little drive to Brenspeed.
And comes back and picks it up with a new Paxton Supercharger installed.
That is to me the most Dramatic change one can make to their Mustang.
It is an instant 100 Plus H/P gain !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by first ford View Post
two things I know to be true
1] Racing breaks stuff
2] My insurance policy does NOT cover my car while on the dragstrip and god forbid anything happens the accident report is made out on site.

These are the two reasons I do not race either of my cars any longer. Terry I have quite a few friends who are heavily involved in drag racing and believe me I take quite a bit of flack from them as in you really need to get a time slip for the cars , aren't you curious about the numbers they will run .... etc etc etc. My car my money my way.
Rick,

One would simply be screwed if there was an accident report filled and it showed what ???

Racing and that's any Racing including a WRECK on a Drag-Strip or SEMA.

As you, I and IMO the Majority of people know it's so very easy for other people that have No-Dollars involved to Tell & Suggest to us what to do.

You know a few times I have asked that person this simple question ???

So you have a Mustang like this one of mine I would luv to see it and we can if you like make a few passes together.

Talk about that (You Should) all of a sudden going away .........

I think IMO when we are much-much-younger we are afraid to be called chicken or something to that effect by others.

So our young dumb a$$ goes out and either blows the engine, tears something up, or worse yet wrecks.

Then the all knowing and full of advise gang has the following to say.

Man I/We hope it doesn't cost a lot to get it fixed.

Man what happened dude ???

Say give me/we a call when you get it repaired as we would luv to see you make a good pass.

It sure looked Strong before it all went to CRAP buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1353 View Post
Hope you didn't take my post in the wrong way. I just thought your car was some sort of Brenspeed's test car's. That's why i asked if the parts where going to be tested so they could tell what works and what don't. I have seen them drive/test it before so didn't know if it was going to happen again.
Eddie,

I can assure you I did not take your other post in a negative way at all.

I just answered you the very best I could with what I thought you were asking.

In regards to Brenspeed and them Testing it after these latest changes I think I answered that.

To further elaborate though I will say the following.

(Brent has not told me this it's my opinion)

If I were Brent and I am not obviously this very well may be running through his mind.

I'm not going to take Terry's Mustang out on the street and open it wide-open from a stop to see what it will do.

Man if I loose control and total it I will be one sick fellow.

And what the Hell am I going to tell him.

Oh Terry I took your Mustang out today and lost control of it and Totaled it out.

Man I should have known better as it is COLD, Damp and it having Summer Performance Tires under it.

Man it was just going CRAZY-FAST and the Damn thing went sideways, off into the ditch, flipped over a few times and ended up against a freaking tree.

I'm texting you from the ER in Warsaw right now with a broken leg, arm and facial cuts and bruises all over.

I'll recover but your Bullitt Dawg is beyond repair.

I just thought I should tell you before the word got out and you heard it 2nd hand.

Speaking of it on the DYNO .......

Your absolutely right it could Blow-Up and many have.

That Brent & I will have to deal with.

I'm of the opinion that Brent is not going to Push it over the Limit.

I also don't think he will Lean-it to an UN-Safe level either.

So could something happen with it on the DYNO ???

Of course it could and if it did Brent and I would get together and make plans as to what to do next.

Brent as you mention is Testing what is going to work the very best with the current set-up.

That's why you saw the previous post where Brent got with the Engineer at Comp Cams and they both made the decision to not go with an off the shelf set of cams.

There have been many changes recently made and all those changes have and are being tested.

My opinion is mine is now or soon will be as far as it can be taken for POWER.

That is HP & Torque that can be driven on the street in a normal manner.

Brent has been overly patient with my on going pursuit of a one-off Bullitt Mustang over the past 6-years.

Because of that I am for sure in his debt and I hope to keep our business relationship positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonbullitt View Post
My personal favorite comment from Terry!

BTW, note that the rod came through your block not mine!

Been there, done that. When that hole appears with lots of oil and smoke, the broken piston rod looks like an amputee. Poor thing...
Hi Bob,

Hey man it's usually always the same from the on lookers when (Our) engine Blows or we Wreck or whatever.

Man I sure didn't think that would have happened.

I sure wish you the best with getting it repaired.

I would never have told you to make a pass in it if I had even remotely thought anything bad was going to happen.

I sure feel bad that I talked you into running it.

(Their Billfold still in their back pocket of course)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1353 View Post
I'm sure that could also happen on the Dyno.
I think I covered the DYNO comment above.

Thanks guys for your input as always,
Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 11-11-2014 at 06:34 PM.
tigerhonaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 06:31 PM   #8798
texasbullitt
aka "mark"

GONE TO PLAID!

ya mean like this ????

Old 11-11-2014, 06:40 PM   #8799
tigerhonaker
aka "Terry"

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasbullitt View Post
ya mean like this ????

Excellent example ...

Terry
Old 11-12-2014, 11:22 AM   #8800
dcard
aka "Dale"

Monster BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post

Dale,

As you pointed out it is a Long-Day sitting in my Mustang with all the gear on.
You get your butt in line and then wait.
Terry, I told you we live in 2 different worlds. Drivers "Gear" in those days was a white T-shirt & open face helmet. Yep even oSat night dirt tracks. Man those mud balls sure hurt.

BBK 62mm TB-FR Hotrod Cams-Headers-Steeda UDP's-FR 4:10's-Borla T-BAMA tune-JLT oil Separator-Airaid Air filter
Steeda sport springs & Adjutable Panhard-Koni STR-T Struts/Shocks-GT500 Strut mounts-J&M rear LCA-Whiteline relocation brackets-H&R wheel spacers-Saleen short shift kit-
Aero force guage-Shorty Antenna-Smoked Decklid panel-DG painted louvers-01 Bullitt Grille emblem-CDC Chin spoiler-SHR GT Lower Grille insert--Sequential lights-Black taillight trim-Bullitt third brake tint

USAF 1955-75

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 11-12-2014 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:18 PM   #8801
tigerhonaker
aka "Terry"

Dale,

Man I guess you are a few years older than me.

Looking at those pictures I'm sure I never did anything like that.

I came along after that time in our history.

Hey buddy if you did not happen to see the pictures below of my brother's 55 Chevy Drag-Car I'll post them here.

Now this was way the heck back in the day for sure.

Straight Axle, cut out rear fenders, and back when guys put names on their cars.

You should be one fellow to appreciate these .......

This brother did do some serious
drag racing.

Terry

Old 11-12-2014, 01:07 PM   #8802
dcard
aka "Dale"

Monster BullittHead

Terry, I remember you posted a pic of the car along with your Brothers Vette. But not all these. Man, that is one beauty, Some may not appreciate the car, or the work, but I would love to have it sitting in my driveway. dude, has some nice trophy's too.
I think If I was younger I might build one again. Those type cars get the juices flowing.
I had a kid on my crew in KY. from Ohio, that had a very similar 55. But with bumpers & street tires. Big wide ones. He Got stopped a lot in Clarksville. Had a warmed over 427, and He was always bringing it over to have some welding done on the rear end. I gave him an old worked over Carter 4V carb. to try, and it was too much for the street. I drove it once on the Taxiway. It was a beast. Those were the days.
Tex in OK had one with a motor like your Bro's But all chrome and strictly a show car. The block was gutted completely, just a stock block, and they had a small electric motor on a shaft that turned the fan & belts. Hey you know me, I used to argue with him all the time what a waste of a car..

USAF 1955-75
Old 11-12-2014, 01:42 PM   #8803
tigerhonaker
aka "Terry"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcard View Post
Terry, I remember you posted a pic of the car along with your Brothers Vette. But not all these. Man, that is one beauty, Some may not appreciate the car, or the work, but I would love to have it sitting in my driveway. dude, has some nice trophy's too.
I think If I was younger I might build one again. Those type cars get the juices flowing.
I had a kid on my crew in KY. from Ohio, that had a very similar 55. But with bumpers & street tires. Big wide ones. He Got stopped a lot in Clarksville. Had a warmed over 427, and He was always bringing it over to have some welding done on the rear end. I gave him an old worked over Carter 4V carb. to try, and it was too much for the street. I drove it once on the Taxiway. It was a beast. Those were the days.
Tex in OK had one with a motor like your Bro's But all chrome and strictly a show car. The block was gutted completely, just a stock block, and they had a small electric motor on a shaft that turned the fan & belts. Hey you know me, I used to argue with him all the time what a waste of a car..
Dale that's the brother that is only 3 years older than me.

He was a wild one back in the day.

He was back then into cars like I am now.

Only back then guys as you know did the majority of the work they could themselves.

That;s the ole, lay on the back, to change out the clutch, trans etc.

The Vette was the fastest car he had.

As I recall it ran in the 11's way the heck back in time.

I never saw in of that as I was in the Military over seas.

I did see the Vette though with that built motor in the above picture and did ride in it.

It was pretty Baddddddddd

Of course they all were cammed-up and ran LT Hooker headers with barely some excuse of mufflers.

Here is something that would never happen today with our modern cars.

Those guys ran the 4:56, 4:88 & even 5:13 gears with the M-22 Rock Crusher Trans.

Of course they were not driving to other States at 70 plus MPH.

But man oh man did they sound Bad and just instantly put a Smile on one's Face instantly !!!

I loved the 426 Hemi cars back then but never owned one.

It was not because they were the Fastest Stock it was just that HUGE Engine between the fenders.

I recall my older brother (5-Yrs Older) and me going to see in person two Hemi Road Runners and one 429 Boss Mustang.

I just wanted one of those so Badddd but just did not come close to have the income to buy one and pay the insurance.

I lived really-really cheap in a huge house that had efficiency apartments in it.

I was not big on super fancy living but I even back then loved the cars.

If there was ever any regret it was not having the necessary income to have one of the 426 Chrysler Hemi cars.

To me they were so Totally Awesome !!!

Terry
Old 11-12-2014, 04:47 PM   #8804
cobrafast1
aka "Don"

Monster BullittHead

That brings back memories. I had a '55 Chevy too that I raced on Woodward Ave in Bloomfield Hills, MI. From Ted's to the Totem Pole. Ahhh, those were the days. Happy Days !!! LOL

Mods Include: Detroit Rocker Cams, Kooks Long Tube Headers ceramic coated w/Hi-Flo cats & H-Pipe, 3" MagnaFlow Exhaust (16674), Steeda Red Valve Covers, SCT X3 Tuner & Brenspeed Tune, FRPP Steel Clutch Fluid Line (M-75612-A), MGW Shifter, AutoMeter Gauge Pod, 3 AeroForce Interceptor Gauges, UPR Oil Separator, Sequential Tail Lights, Custom E/Brake Handle, K&N Air Filter, Full Spare Tire, Trunk Release + more.

Build Thread: http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185755
cobrafast1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:14 PM   #8805
tigerhonaker
aka "Terry"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrafast1 View Post
That brings back memories. I had a '55 Chevy too that I raced on Woodward Ave in Bloomfield Hills, MI. From Ted's to the Totem Pole. Ahhh, those were the days. Happy Days !!! LOL
Hi Don,

Man back then things sure were different for sure.

I actually miss some of the things from back then.

Terry

Tags
new tigermachine for 2014, so stay tuned in ...