Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

ATTN: All 2008 Bullitt Owners

17K views 58 replies 33 participants last post by  LT 
#1 · (Edited)
Greetings all!

Congratulations on ordering/receiving your new Bullitt. I'm sure you're as excited as I was 6 years ago when I drove DHG #4930 off the showroom floor. What a day that was! After 37,000 miles, I'm just as happy as I was from day 1.

I'd love to own an '08 as well...maybe a few years down the road.

I was thinking about the first few days/months I had the Bullitt and thought I'd share a few tips with you as you all receive your Bullitt's. I'm sure many others will chime in as well with helpful advice.

1) Go over every detail of the Bullitt with your salesperson. Look at the paint very, very closely to ensure all blemishes, chips, flakes, etc. are addressed. Many of us with '01s had problems with minor quality control issues. Oh, and make sure all Bullitt-related items are on the car. (I'm not joking) Don't be rushed, take your time and make sure you are 100% satisfied.

2) Tell them to be very, very careful if you choose to let them detail it. I personally didn't want a 19 year-old kid running it through the auto wash and rubbing it down.

3) If you don't want holes in the front bumper, tell the dealership to leave it alone. I've never had a front plate on the Bullitt and love the clean look of a plateless front-end. You can always put your own bracket on down the road if required to do so.

4) Tell the dealer to leave his "advertisement" off your Bullitt. No need for them to glue a "John Doe Ford" emblem on your car. If they insist on something, tell them to put a rear license plate bracket on with their name. (of course, take it off when you get home)

5) Save all purchase documentation in a safe place immediately, especially the window sticker. More than likely, there will be two, if not, ask for the other.

6) If available, get the Build Sheet immediately. Ours were located inside the rear bumper cover...you'll have to crawl underneath to retreive it...a real challenge to get it out, but it's pretty cool to add to your paperwork collection if you can find it.

7) Get extra floormats. Have 1 set for daily driving and the other set for cruises/shows. Sure, you could put it off, but why not get 'em now.

8- Save all Bullitt articles/reviews. You'll enjoy reading them 5, 10 and 20 years down the road.

9) Keep the front bumper/hood clean and protected. They can get messed up very quickly, especially the chips in the front end. Do searches on what others are doing to get ideas.

10) Know your Bullitt. Read the documentation, and share the Bullitt story with your friends and those that ask. (there will be plenty asking you questions...trust me) Tell them what makes a Bullitt special!

11) Attend a Bullitt event. There is a National event each year that many of us look forward to(different location each year). There are also many regional events and special events throughout the US. I guarantee you, you'll enjoy each event...especially the parking lot conversations, whether you drink or not.

12) Become a IMBOC supporting member. If you haven't already noticed, this is one of the best internet car clubs on the web. You'll become friends with people throughout the world from all age groups and every background imaginable. You'll find yourself logging on nearly every day, looking for advice or helping someone out you've never even met.

13) Take care of your Bullitt. Keep the engine bay clean, paint protected and fluids changed regularly. You'd be surprised at how many Bullitt's you'll see in poor condition in just a year or two. (not many who are IMBOC members, mind you) Take care of it like you plan to keep it for the next 20 to 30 years.

14) Mods! Some are good, some are bad. Be prepared to take a beating if you start "ricing out" your Bullitt. Spoilers, stickers, flourescent lighting, etc., aren't viewed too favorably. Wheels? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! If you ask for advice on a mod, be prepared to hear everyone's input...including the negative. If you can't take the negative, don't ask. :wink:

15) Take pictures...and lot's of 'em! Don't forget to post them on IMBOC.

15) Beware of Bullitt Hill. If you want or need a sober reminder, click on Bullitt Hill.

Most importantly, have fun, drive safe and enjoy your ride! See ya at the next event.

Cheers,
Steve

p.s. Anyone needing sound advice on how to properly maintain your Bullitt, contact Cochese, PY, PX, Sweet Baby James, etc. :lol:

See less See more
#54 ·
no hidden # on the 08 / 09 that I have seen yet

#55 ·
Hey everybody!

This is my first post on here as the proud owner of 2008 #349 HG Bullitt!

My story is crazy just like everyone else's. My car is so freshly bought I haven't even registered it in my home state yet! I had to drive 6 hours on a weekend to buy it. It was at a used car dealer that deals Audis, Lexus, Mercedes...etc. and the price was just sooo good there was no way that I could let #349 go by.

My car absolutely has a history and I am still figuring out what that is. Mechanically the car is sound but I am going to open myself up to what I have already found and ask the advice of everyone here on the forum.

My ultimate goal is to get this car fully stock, down to hopefully the original brand of calipers used on my car. The car is in no way perfect, but for the price it will be a labor of love to get it back to where it was.

The facts:
-2008 Bullitt #349 in HG
-60,000 miles
-IMMACULATE interior

The Bad
-Paint starting to spiral on the nose
-Two small dents in the back left wheel well
-The ebrake can be pulled up higher than a stock Mustang
-Three of the four rims have a few dents in it

The Questionable
-The Motorcraft battery was replaced with a Bosch battery
-The motor has a pink marking on it
-The back right caliper is solid black with a Ford logo on it
-The back left caliper is rusty and does not have a Ford or Mustang logo on it
-The air filter on the cold air intake is pretty crudded up and dirty
-The body of my power steeling unit in the engine is a bit rusty

Now my assessment is that the previous owner took great care of the interior, and had the car serviced regularly but I have no doubts they drove the **** out of it. I don't blame them, I probably will too. The car is mechanically sound. I drove it 5 hours back from the dealer the day I bought it. When you thuomp on second gear your head slams into the back of the seat as expected. I know Ford sells the replacement disposable filter for the air intake for like $32. Should I buy that or can I invest in a higher end air filter for the intake?

All gauges and dials check out. I would like to put it up to a ProCal though and just make sure that it is tuned to the stock Ford specs. The exhaust sounds killer so I don't think anybody monkeyed with it too much.

So basically I am opening myself to all of your thoughts about the car. I would love if anybody could point me in the direction of the right calipers for the back wheels. Also the front rotors do have a few grooves on them, most likely from the person before me riding the brakes like an old woman.

Also, does anyone have a hookup at any good shops in New England that specialize in Mustang and Ford racing?

This car is the absolute perfect car for me and I am ecstatic to be a part of the club. Anyone in the New England area please PM me!

-Tony

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

#57 ·
I had the pleasure of driving a gt500 the other day. That thing will scare the pants off you! But you know, I did enjoy it.
Right now, I will stick with my bullitt. I can't believe all the looks I get when she is all cleaned and polished as people drive by. She is 3374 and has just turned 15,000 miles. Thanks to all. LT

#58 ·
LT said:
I had the pleasure of driving a gt500 the other day. That thing will scare the pants off you! But you know, I did enjoy it.
Right now, I will stick with my bullitt. I can't believe all the looks I get when she is all cleaned and polished as people drive by. She is 3374 and has just turned 15,000 miles. Thanks to all. LT
LT,

I have driven the GT500 before and as you say they are an Awesome Machine for sure. :)

I'm glad you are enjoying your Bullitt Mustang still.

Mine has 40,000 miles on most of the body at this point.

Less on the Mechanical parts. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Terry

#59 ·
I'm just curious about the HVBOM? When I was getting ready to take possession of Bullitt number 3374 and club number 1087 the service manager said you might want these?
It took a few minutes to complete but I have them.
Appears to be the numbers for everything that came on my Bullett. Anyone else have this experience
Anyone else have this experience? And, are they useful?

Blessings for all.
LT, rom Asheville, NC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.