Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Need Volunteers To Write a Mustang Bullitt FAQ.

10K views 42 replies 25 participants last post by  chilli bullitt 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
As part of the new site move, I would like to have a short, simple FAQ that contains the basics of the Mustang Bullitt, answers the common questions, and has pointers to much more detailed information, like Larry's Bullitt Archive site.

We could do this a couple ways.. someone or someones could start it and generate a list of questions and answers, or people could take a question at a time, or we could just start typing the questions and answers in this thread, and I will gather the info into an FAQ page.

I usually get at least 1 or 2 questions on Mustang Bullitts from the main page via the web form, so I could use the information on many occasions, in one place, in a quick Bullittized (snicker) format.

Thoughts, comments?

Mike

#3 ·
Just to clear things up...

Hello, my name is Collin and I'm from Cincinnati, Ohio. Yes, I was dropped on my head (several times from high altitudes) as a small boy which accounts for my (abnormal) behavior.

:py1:

-Collin (PY)

#5 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2006-01-24 13:14, PY wrote:
Just to clear things up...

Hello, my name is Collin and I'm from Cincinnati, Ohio. Yes, I was dropped on my head (several times from high altitudes) as a small boy which accounts for my (abnormal) behavior.

:py1:

-Collin (PY)

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Dropped or thrown Colin? Just kidding. You're my favorite cop I've never met. :lol:

Let me think about the original question. Of course the thread got hijacked, cause look who hijacked it. Most of the questions I get asked are stupid ones like "is it a GT" or "is it an 05?" Very few seem to know the Bullitt story.

UPR o/r X
Hurst/Saleen shifter
10.5's in back
sequentials

2001 Bullitt bought new 9/29/01
1966 Lemans (no GTO clone for me)
1967 Cougar

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BigBullitt on 2006-01-24 15:14 ]</font>

#9 ·
Q) Well if it's a GT why don't it have a wing?
A) The rear spoiler was not offered even as an option on the Bullitt as it was a special edition, limited production run. Because the original bullitt did not have a rear spoiler and because it set it apart from all of the other GT's that had rear spoilers. However there were a select few (number unknown)that made it through the assembly line with a spoiler, due to an oversight during production.

Q) Where did you get those brake calipers?

A) They were installed on the car from the factory. Ford "the Bullitt team" wanted the performance of the Cobra brakes, while setting the calipers apart from the Cobra's.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phiber0p on 2006-01-24 18:15 ]</font>

#12 ·
What size rims and backspacing?
What is the unique exaust set up from Ford?
How is the interior different?
Answer: Unique guages, first year offered with premium interior that consists of chrome shifter bezel ring, special pedals for imporved heal-toe action, and 2001 Cobra bucket seats covered with unique retro-themed seat covering. Rear seats were also treated with similar retro-themed leather. Shifter ball was also distinct to the Bullitt.

Does the Bullitt come with under-drive pullies?

How is the Bullitt's induciton system different from a 99-04 GT?

I know the answers to these, but I'm sure others can answer them better and with more specific responses. Feel free to edit, change, or even not use any of this.

Mike

#14 ·
I always get asked this and I really can't come up with a good answer.

Q: If your car is a Bullitt, why does it have GT badges?

That question bothers the crap out of me.

Chad

#15 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2006-01-25 13:56, M1 Tanker wrote:
I always get asked this and I really can't come up with a good answer.

Q: If your car is a Bullitt, why does it have GT badges?

That question bothers the crap out of me.

Chad

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>Chad, the Bullitt is a GT only with a special Bullitt package. I don't remember exactly how much the Bullitt add-ons were...

#19 ·
On 2006-01-24 18:15, Phiber0p wrote:
A) The rear spoiler was not offered even as an option on the Bullitt as it was a special edition, limited production run. Because the original bullitt did not have a rear spoiler and because it set it apart from all of the other GT's that had rear spoilers. However there were a select few (number unknown)that made it through the assembly line with a spoiler, due to an oversight during production.

I seriously doubt any DHG Bullitts came off the assembly line with spoilers, because that color was used only on the Bullitt. For that to have happened, a spoiler would have had to been specifically painted DHG. Highly unlikely.

#20 ·
On 2006-01-24 18:34, kaylan1521 wrote:
Why are the Canadians always kicking butt in Texas?

Because we can! :rotfl:

Sorry Mike

Uh, Paul? I think there is a special thread for untrue statements like this. I think it's the "Crack smoking Canadians talk for the Bullitt Shootout" or something like that.

You're going home with burnt out taste buds this year, my friend. I challenge you to a jalapeno eating contest! :eek: :eek: :eek:

#21 ·
On 2006-01-26 09:19, BigBullitt wrote:

Sorry Mike

Uh, Paul? I think there is a special thread for untrue statements like this. I think it's the "Crack smoking Canadians talk for the Bullitt Shootout" or something like that.

You're going home with burnt out taste buds this year, my friend. I challenge you to a jalapeno eating contest! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hey I know that thread. It's right below the Canadians came to Texas and delivered a great big can of WHOOP A$$. :razz:

I accept that challenge if you accept my challenge of getting your car on the track and actually revving it past 2500 rpms!

EDIT

Before accepting the Jalapeno challenge I want to try one first! :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kaylan1521 on 2006-01-26 09:51 ]</font>

#22 ·
On 2006-01-26 09:50, kaylan1521 wrote:
On 2006-01-26 09:19, BigBullitt wrote:
Sorry Mike

Hey I know that thread. It's right below the Canadians came to Texas and delivered a great big can of WHOOP A$$. :razz:

I accept that challenge if you accept my challenge of getting your car on the track and actually revving it past 2500 rpms!

EDIT
Before accepting the Jalapeno challenge I want to try one first!
:wink:

I want to see those pictures... of both events, Pauls race to the Finish line, and to the out house!!! :-B :-B

#23 ·
On 2006-01-26 07:37, BullittGuy wrote:
On 2006-01-24 18:15, Phiber0p wrote:

I seriously doubt any DHG Bullitts came off the assembly line with spoilers, because that color was used only on the Bullitt. For that to have happened, a spoiler would have had to been specifically painted DHG. Highly unlikely.

I don't recall saying a DHG had one.

#25 ·
There is only ONE Bullitt and we have THEM.

Mmmmm, only ONE but we have plural.

Something was lost in translation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.