Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Weld Racing RTS Forged aluminum wheels

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  itsabullitt 
#1 ·
Anyone know if the medium pad would work with our factory rear breaks? I have Weld Rodlites in the back right now and they clear the brakes, just wondering if the low or medium pad would clear? They don't offer the high pad for the 15" wheels. I've tried a few other wheels in 15" and they hit on the caliper. Thinking about getting a set of these with a 15x8.25 in the back and 17x4.7 up front with a high pad. The pic below shows medium pad clearing the brakes ona GT500, so I would assume it should clear our factory brakes in the rear.

See less See more
#4 ·
For rears the medium pad has plenty of clearance. On my 09 I have 15x9.25 on the rear and 15x3.75 on the front. I did have to grind on the front calipers a little and on the rear I needed to install the sway bar relocation brackets. With the 8.25X15 on the rear you shouldn't need to worry about the relocation brackets.

#5 ·
skwerl said:
For rears the medium pad has plenty of clearance. On my 09 I have 15x9.25 on the rear and 15x3.75 on the front. I did have to grind on the front calipers a little and on the rear I needed to install the sway bar relocation brackets. With the 8.25X15 on the rear you shouldn't need to worry about the relocation brackets.

Nice ^^^^

Terry

#6 ·
kaylan1521 said:
Garrett, I would probably go for high pad based on the description above that specifically mentions Brembo brakes. Sorry buddy, meant to chime in yesterday.
Thanks Paul. Was planning on high pad for the fronts, just concerned about the rears since I've tried 3 different sets of 15" wheels and only the rodlites I have now clear. With the 15;s they only offer low or medium pad.

#7 ·
skwerl said:

Thanks Brian. Good info to have, and a sweet looking ride you've got. I'd be running 17's up front on mine as there's just no way the 15's will clear. I run 17x4.5 greg weld race lites now with 15x8 weld rodlites in the back, but am really wanting a matching set of front and rears. The 17's are expensive though, so it may be a while.

#9 ·
Bullitt 736 said:
Gonna look good!

I think it will. The 17" fronts are so expensive I may have to get some more streetable tires to get my money's worth. My front runners I have now made it about one summer on the street and now they're down to the wear bars. Gonna have do get some radials for the front that don't wear out so fast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.