723.63 RWHP/904.54 H/P @ Crank, DYNO Video, Post #8343, 144 Pics. Post # 8,508 - Page 574 - IMBOC
IMBOC is proud to partner with Ford Racing

Welcome to the IMBOC forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. If you become a Supporting Member, you will have access to custom avatars, uploading images, personalized Garage listings, a special forum, and more. IMBOC.com is almost entirely user funded, so Supporting Memberships keeps IMBOC running! Registration is fast and simple, and basic membership is absolutely free! So please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us, but please read all of the IMBOC Frequently Asked Questions section first.
Become a Supporting Member. Find Out How!

Old 08-29-2014, 02:30 PM   #8596
tigerhonaker
aka "Terry"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcard View Post
Terry, I got your reasoning on the rain. Good idea. ( make sure you tape them up before coming up here. Its always raining anymore.) Even the forecasters gave up and include 30-40 % chance of rain everyday.
Now on the vents, RIVETS or BOLTS. It was hard to tell, looked like Rivets, and if so, why not take a dremel tool and cut them down for a neater appearance to your engine bay.
Dale,

I actually did consider doing exactly that with cutting them off.

Then I thought if one of those Slats ever needed to be replaced I might not be able to get the old one off.
(Threads messed up maybe from cutting)

So decided to just leave them the way they came from Seibon.

I might just do what you suggest on going ahead and covering those rectangle openings (Before) I drive up North this time.

I know the majority of times I have driven to Brenspeed it always has rained somewhere on the way up and back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnixon View Post
Terry, that hood makes thu front of your car look like uh space ship.

Now thats bad to thu bone. That gorilla tape is something.
Bob N.

Funny you mention how it looks from the front.

When I followed Tim over to Cars n Coffee he told me, (Man your Bullitt looks Bad-Ass following me).

So I guess it does have the Muscled Look if your coming towards it or I am following a person.

Terry

Old 08-29-2014, 03:36 PM   #8597
tigerhonaker
aka "Terry"

Lightbulb Getting ready for the New M/T Street Comp tires ...

Hello Gang,

So I decided to make another small purchase today.

I expect that someday in the near future the remaining two M/T Street Comp tires will arrive.

Discount Tire has the 275/35-20" and holding them for me.

M/T Rep. said the new 305/35-20" Street Comp Tires have been released as of Aug 22, 2014.

My name is on for a set so that should take place soon I hope.

That being said I went by and saw the Manager of Discount Tire this morning and he ordered me a box of Black "Stick-on-Wheel-Weighs".

He said they will be in next week.

I did this because the Black ones will blend in a lot better than the normal silver used on my Black M/T Street Comp Wheels.

Terry
Old 08-29-2014, 03:50 PM   #8598
dcard
aka "Dale"

Monster BullittHead

Cool, man, In all the years I have been driving I have never heard of black weights. Tape them up, I think Indiana should run a pipe line to Ca.
BBK 62mm TB-FR Hotrod Cams-Headers-Steeda UDP's-FR 4:10's-Borla T-BAMA tune-JLT oil Separator-Airaid Air filter
Steeda sport springs & Adjutable Panhard-Koni STR-T Struts/Shocks-GT500 Strut mounts-J&M rear LCA-Whiteline relocation brackets-H&R wheel spacers-Saleen short shift kit-
Aero force guage-Shorty Antenna-Smoked Decklid panel-DG painted louvers-01 Bullitt Grille emblem-CDC Chin spoiler-SHR GT Lower Grille insert--Sequential lights-Black taillight trim-Bullitt third brake tint

USAF 1955-75
dcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 04:02 PM   #8599
texasbullitt
aka "mark"

GONE TO PLAID!

Nice wheels and tires terry
Old 08-29-2014, 04:59 PM   #8600
SnakeBit
aka "Timmissingname"
Timmissingname

GONE TO PLAID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
Tim,

It has to be very tight and pretty much Leak-Proof.

Velcro as you say would be fast but not seal the Vinyl tight against the hood.

Before I was having to tape the whole rectangle opening.

That is a major under taking and takes awhile.

This way all one needs is to tape the vinyl Top, Bottom & Sides.

Terry
I realize it would not be completely waterproof, but figured it would take car of the vast majority. rest probably wouldn't be enough to worry about. but, as they say....it's yours.

the rain issue is why when i got my hood, I didn't opt for the one with the openings on the top and have not opened them. I get plenty of air flow with the unique design of mine that it is not needed, plus mine is considerably higher than yours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2220.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	305.5 KB
ID:	38449  
was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

SnakeBit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:13 PM   #8601
cobrafast1
aka "Don"

Monster BullittHead

Cool. I love the black weights. Whenever I've had to have weights added, they put on the lead/silver weights on the outside for everyone to enjoy looking at them. A real nice show piece..... "Hey look at me, I'm out of balance."

Very nice to see esthetically looking weights for a change. It's about time.

Mods Include: Detroit Rocker Cams, Kooks Long Tube Headers ceramic coated w/Hi-Flo cats & H-Pipe, 3" MagnaFlow Exhaust (16674), Steeda Red Valve Covers, SCT X3 Tuner & Brenspeed Tune, FRPP Steel Clutch Fluid Line (M-75612-A), MGW Shifter, AutoMeter Gauge Pod, 3 AeroForce Interceptor Gauges, UPR Oil Separator, Sequential Tail Lights, Custom E/Brake Handle, K&N Air Filter, Full Spare Tire, Trunk Release + more.

Build Thread: http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185755
cobrafast1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:02 PM   #8602
tigerhonaker
aka "Terry"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcard View Post
Cool, man, In all the years I have been driving I have never heard of black weights.
Tape them up, I think Indiana should run a pipe line to Ca.
Dale,

They are available but not something that is (Stocked).

I know my local Discount Tire Manager Joe so I was pretty sure he would acquire them for me.

As it turned out I had to purchase a box of them.

No worries though as when they rebalance the M/T Wheel & Tire set-up I will have the Black weighs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasbullitt View Post
Nice wheels and tires terry
Hey Mark,

Thanks buddy don't have the new tires yet but hopefully soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBit View Post
I realize it would not be completely waterproof, but figured it would take car of the vast majority.
rest probably wouldn't be enough to worry about. but, as they say....it's yours.

the rain issue is why when i got my hood, I didn't opt for the one with the openings on the top and have not opened them.
I get plenty of air flow with the unique design of mine that it is not needed, plus mine is considerably higher than yours.
Tim,

Man I just checked out your Cobra in the Pic you provided in your Post.

That is an Awesome Cobra for sure.

This time I did check and see the Cobra emblem in the front center grille.

If I did the Velcro part of those sticky strips would remain under the hood.

I just want something I can put in place and then remove when not needed and won't leave any signs it was ever used when removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrafast1 View Post
Cool. I love the black weights. Whenever I've had to have weights added,
they put on the lead/silver weights on the outside for everyone to enjoy looking at them. A real nice show piece.....
"Hey look at me, I'm out of balance."

Very nice to see esthetically looking weights for a change. It's about time.
Don,

I agree and actually even though I have been aware of the Black ones I kept forgetting to ask Joe (Discount Tire) to order them for me.

I figure I have waited over a year now for those new M/T Street Comp Tires so what's a little more wait to get the Black "Stick-on-Wheel Weighs".

I think they are going to blend in nicely against the Black M/T SC-5 wheels.

Terry
Old 08-30-2014, 08:25 PM   #8603
tigerhonaker
aka "Terry"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Guys,

You know I have actually put off doing this post on taking the Bullitt back to Brenspeed.

I have been in somewhat daily discussions with Brent on that matter.

And that being said Brent & I have finalized as best we can on what is going to take place next.

I think most of you know that Brenspeed/Brent and I have many years involvement with one another on my Bullitt Mustang.

You might say my Bullitt which is also known as an S-197 Mustang is like a Test/Development machine with Brenspeed.

If your a Performance Shop with integrity like Brenspeed actually is.

You should be testing products and ideas before you go Hog-Wild selling them to the General-Public.

That's where a car like mine comes into play I think.

So moving right along below is what is going to take place once I drop the Bullitt off the 2nd week of September.

These next changes will coincide and work with what has been already completed recently on mine.

Brent wanted me to drive it and make sure everything they had done so far was working as it should.

Well it sure is working as best as I can tell.

So that being said it's time to go to the next step which will pretty much complete things I think as far as POWER enhancements.

I'll list the changes below and add Links to the items I can that are involved.

(1) DeatschWerks injectors 95lb (1000cc) Fuel Injectors.

http://www.deatschwerks.com/products/fuel-injectors/modern-muscle/ford/mustang-gt/1985-04-mustang-gt/17u-05-0095-8-393-detail

(2) Going from the 1 5/8" LT (Long Tube) Kooks Headers to the 1 3/4" Kooks LT Stainless Headers.

http://www.brenspeed.com/6022-134.html

(3) 2005-2010 Mustang GT KOOKS Catted H Pipe 3" Inlet and 2-1/2" OEM outlet.

http://www.brenspeed.com/6023-ch-3.html

(4) If Brent & George feel like it is not to LOUD after they (Remove) the cats they will stay off.

So basically that is a picture above of the same mid pipe with the cats on it, and we just slide out the legs and slide in legs that have no cats

If they feel it is to LOUD then the Kooks 3" Catted H-pipe W/Cats will be what I run.

(5) They are also going to port my supercharger.

There may be a few other things but I think that pretty much covers the next set of changes.

Well gang that's the deal for you that follow the Bullitt Mustang of mine.

Terry

Guys,

As you have seen above Brenspeed will be installing the DW injectors in mine along with the other changes when I take it back the 2nd week of September.

As many of you know a lot of people run the ID injectors as well as the DW injectors.

So I decided today to do some research and see if I could find an "in-depth" Article on the DW company and their injectors.

I gave it some thought about where to post that article and decided not to add it to this Thread.

Made more sense to me to make it a separate source of information for anyone wanting information on injectors.

Specifically the DW injectors.

Below is the link and the Name of that Thread in 08/09 Mods.

Choosing The Right Fuel Injector For Your Mustang With DeatschWerks

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303153

Terry
Old Yesterday, 05:20 PM   #8604
tigerhonaker
aka "Terry"

Latest news,

I just spoke with the M/T rep on the phone and he said he has no honest idea when my rear M/T tires will show-up.

The tires are here in the USA right now but when they will end up in the warehouse, then shipped to me he does not know.

I prefer that answer to a guesstimation on his part.

I can't see where me sharing this last E-Mail from the M/T Rep I have been working with is going to hurt anything.

The bottom-Line is they may or may not work with my S-197 with the Steeda Ultra-Lite Springs.

The reason being it is possible if one were to go over some really rough road conditions where the ass-end would slam the tires upward they might HIT the inside fender-wells.

It comes down to a Trial & Error sort of thing.

Below is the actual E-Mail from M/T rep to me a few minutes ago.

The "Billy Person" the Rep is referring to is, Bill Glidden and his Street Mustang.

I'll post those Pics. below I was sent for you to check out.

Quote:

Terry,
Your order has not shipped as these tires are on backorder.

There were several hundred orders in the system when I put your order in.

I’d say you’re going to have to take the car back to Brenspeed without the 305 Street Comp tires on ‘er… sorry man!

Billy works very closely with us on the development of our drag products; I actually installed the wheels/tires on his “daily-driver” over the weekend; the car was displayed in our “pit”.

I think that with the combination of the negative-offset of the SC-5 wheels, the width of the 305’s and the fact that the ’05 – ‘14 Mustangs have a solid-rear axle, if the car was any lower, the 305’s would rub.

I’ve seen several 05+ Mustangs with the 305 rears… but most probably don’t have an offset as negative as our SC-5 wheels.

As I said before, the offsets selected for the 20” ‘05+ Mustang fitments were intended for use with the 255/35R20 & 275/35R20 combination.

.Mustang GT
with 275/35-20's front
305/35-20's on rear
Street Comp's

Terry

NMRA 2011 World Finals 10.32 ET Pass @ 135.56 MPH
http://youtu.be/VPs42Mkw-7U
BuildThread http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176176
Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM   #8605
SnakeBit
aka "Timmissingname"
Timmissingname

GONE TO PLAID!

time for some Nitto Nt05's and be done.
was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

SnakeBit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new tigermachine for 2014, so stay tuned in ...