Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Premium Warranty & More Issues

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Bullitt_Buyer 
#1 ·
My wife will never let me buy another Ford.

Took the Bullitt into Robinson Bros Ford in LA last week for a whining sound that went up and down with engine RPM, the peeling of the drivers side door liner leather ( both door panels replaced once before under 3 yr / 36 ), the paint coming off the FM radio button and a rattle along the rear side window interior trim.

The extended premium care ( 5 year / 50,000 ) does not cover anything trim related. So on everything including the rattle - SOL

The engine whine turned out to be both of the drivers side idler pulleys. So while the belt was off and these were changed ( the car was in there 3 days ), the guy never calls me and asks if i wanted the belt changed ?

42,000 miles

There have been several issues with this car that were covered by the 3 yr / 36,000 mile warranty.

I do enjoy the car, yet the wife has had it with Ford. The word "lemon" is being cast on my car by family and friends, and i really cant blame them.

So we were out today looking for the wife for a new car and i asked to stop at Ford just to let here see what they did have. Sales Manager comes out talking up Ford quality and she lowered the boom on the guy. Told her my car's issues were "typical" of most new cars

Off to Nissan, Buick, Chevy, then VW

We are done with Ford

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry to hear, but there is NO perfect car. The idler pulley and door cards are common issues on these cars. There are a few other known issues, but I don't think this is worthy of kicking the car to curb, but as they say, it's your money. Best of luck w/ the next purchase.

In regard to VW, don't do it. My son and is GF own a 2000 model Golf and beetle. These cars are a serious pain to work on and the interior plastics break down and shear off over time. Go BMW or Audi if you want a nice euro car.

#3 · (Edited)
Had the rattle in the passenger door trim a while back, a piece of trim was not snapped in completely. Fixed it myself. Have not had the problem with the radio, but then I rarely change the stations, but I had a used 96' GT with that problem. I do have the door panel issue and it bugged me for about a week, but I know it's an easy DIY project that I'll get to one weekend. Zero issues with the motor, and it's only been back to the dealer for the flywheel cover rattle, that I fixed myself in five minutes. Same as you with 42K showing, guess I could get upset, but I remember it's 6 years old and if that's all I have to complain about, I'm way ahead in the game for what I paid for it. BTW, my DD is a 96' FORD Explorer, Eddie Bauer, with 300K showing. Why do I still have it? It's never given me any reason to get rid of it.

#8 ·
Been driving Ford Mustangs since 1996 (1990 Lx 5.0 hatch, 2007 GT/CS)with no major problems. When things do break they are cheap and fun to fix.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.