Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

The McQueen Bullitts

7K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  DavidMidgley 
#1 · (Edited)
Four 2001 Bullitts were given by Ford with the McQueen prefix on the build sticker. The McQueen family was given 3 McQueen Bullitts, numbers McQueen 1, 2 and 4. Number 3 was given to Roger Richman agent for the Steve McQueen estate. All 4 are now in private collectors hands as they have been auctioned off by the McQueen family. Chad McQueen sold the last Bullitt he owned (2008 model number 0001) this year.

A complete list of the McQueen family former Bullitts
Each of the McQueen Bullitts had a special plaque in the car from Ford like the one below.
McQueen #1 sold in 2010 for 58K.
McQueen #2 was given to Terry McQueen's daughter Molly and sold at auction in 2008 for $70K
McQueen 3 was given by Ford to Roger Richman agent for the Steve McQueen estate and sold at auction in 2004 for 70K
McQueen 4 was presented to Nelly McQueen Steve's first wife and sold very soon after to a private collector and JUST1BULLITT purchased it.

2008 Bullitt 0001 sold for 49,500K in 2014.
1968 Mustang Chad McQueen Bullitt movie replica sold for 88K also in 2014.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I guees the McQueen family is not as fanatical about their Bullitts as we are.

#10 ·
From what little I have gathered about the cars,
Chad wasn't happy with the 68 replica.
Tired of the 08, I'm not even certain if he drove it much. I think the money from that car went to charity.
Not sure about the money from the others. Just recalling the chatter of others.

If I see him at FofSM this year, usually do, maybe he can shed some light on the sale of the cars.

#11 ·
I was wondering if maybe if he has trouble with a stick shift car....when I saw Chad walking in the morning outside the Hotel in 2012 FoSM car show. We talked about his accident at Daytona. He said he still had trouble with his surgically repaired leg. As far as him selling the Bullitts.....I just like knowing a McQueen owned one.

#13 ·
Every time I saw Chad at the shows he always seemed to be struggling with his balance...I could relate as far as driving a clutch... Had to sell our Bullitt last year as my left foot has become too painful to do the clutch..The clincher last year was driving home from the Fabulous Ford Forever show... Got stuck in stop and go traffic for over forty five minutes...Got home and realized I no longer enjoyed driving the Bullitt... Four months later it sold...

#12 · (Edited)
If Ford made a car based on a car that MY dad made famous, I think I'd hold on to it (them.) Especially if they were like, the first ones made and actually were identified by my surname on the shock tower. As far as the 68 was concerned, again, if I oversaw the construction of it, I think I'd be happy with it. Those of you that know him can defend his actions. I don't know him and can only go by what I read. Then again, I'm into the Bullitt because I loved the 68 from the movie. Whether Steve McQueen or Lee Marvin played Lt. Bullitt, makes no difference to me.

I had my Lemans for 19 years, and it wasn't even special, except to me.

#14 ·
I talked with him at LBGP, it was no dislike of the car it was lack of use and in other hands they would go on to collectors and drivers. I have to say it shocked me too but...His Dad was a Porsche guy at heart as is Chad and its really true to their roots. Not too many actual Mustangs have been in the McQueen barn. Hey they are getting use and are out being seen. Better than sitting in storage. All is well

#16 ·
Very interesting thread. :)

:cool:

Steve

#18 · (Edited)
#19 ·
Great updates, that somehow I missed before! DOH!! LOL! Kind of sad the whole Family sold off those Four McQueen Serialized cars, but as others said - at least real collectors have them now I guess. I wonder IF any "McQueen Serialized" BULLITTS were made in the '08-09 Run?? Will there be any in the 2019s?? That was really neat about the '01s. (I also hope they make/SELL some PP editions of the pending 2019s!?)

Apologies for digging out and Old Thread! (Time FLYS!!)

#22 ·
Four 2001 Bullitts were given by Ford with the McQueen prefix on the build sticker. The McQueen family was given 3 McQueen Bullitts, numbers McQueen 1, 2 and 4. Number 3 was given to Roger Richman agent for the Steve McQueen estate. All 4 are now in private collectors hands as they have been auctioned off by the McQueen family. Chad McQueen sold the last Bullitt he owned (2008 model number 0001) this year.

A complete list of the McQueen family former Bullitts
Each of the McQueen Bullitts had a special plaque in the car from Ford like the one below.
McQueen #1 sold in 2010 for 58K.
McQueen #2 was given to Terry McQueen's daughter Molly and sold at auction in 2008 for $70K
McQueen 3 was given by Ford to Roger Richman agent for the Steve McQueen estate and sold at auction in 2004 for 70K
McQueen 4 was sold very early to a private collector and JUST1BULLITT purchased it.

2008 Bullitt 0001 sold for 49,500K in 2014.
1968 Mustang Chad McQueen Bullitt movie replica sold for 88K also in 2014.
Molly was given number2 McQueen, yet she didn't drive a manual transmission till she drove the 2019 Bullitt for the commercial! Hm, that #2 car must have done a lot of sitting!>:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.