Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

My son's future Bullitt

125K views 856 replies 99 participants last post by  NZ1997 
#1 ·
My son Kurt & I are building his 1st car a 68 Bullitt replica. Here are a few picture as it looks now. The big work will start this fall.
Pat

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

See less See more
#827 ·
First big car show of the year (about 300 cars) and Kurt’s Mustang won best muscle car and my Trans Am got a top 40. His mother and I drove the cars to the local show on the Bay as Kurt is out of state.

It is a bummer Kurt is so far away for school, still not used to him being away from home
Thanks!
Pat

#830 ·
Congrats!!!!! Well deserved for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#841 ·
need another son?

#844 ·
:D Congrats to Kurt! :clap: Y'all are a very fortunate father and son!

#846 ·
nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

#850 ·
that is great. how exciting!!!! bet he is stoked and you too!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

#851 ·
My son Kurt’s 68 Bullitt Mustang was invited to the Bloomsburg TV and Movie car display put on by Carlisle Events and as I have family not far from Bloomsburg PA, my wife and I took Kurt’s car up for the weekend and had a great time! As one of about 25 invited guests we were asked to pick one car out of about 600 for a Celebrity Choice plaque. We were told it was a coveted award and I thought it was just another car show plaque. Well it is a big deal to the locals as we found out! I have been asked at a few shows to pick a winner and I always look for the best car/owner/story most likely not to win a trophy. This would be the car that looks nice but not a show car, or looks great but has 4 doors, or a low production, low HP car.

After checking all the car out we started to just focus on the underdog cars and their owners and we picked an original owner 1974 Dodge Charger with 66,000 miles and 1 repaint. The owner fell in love with Chargers when he saw the movie Bullitt and when he could afford a new car he ordered a triple black Charger in the fall of 1973.

Well when we told him we were one of the so called Celebrity’s and we picked his car for the award he was so thrilled as he said he only goes to one show a year and never wins anything. When I put the 2”x 2” Celebrity Choice decal on his windshield that the show uses to confirm the car is a winner everyone that walked by and saw it stop to congratulated him. That was the best part of the trip for me!

Thanks
Pat

#852 ·
very cool!!!!!!!!!!!! honourable thing you did there and looks like well deserved. bravo!!!! and you car looks fantastic as always!!!

#853 ·
:D ^^^^ Tim done an excellent job of summing things up! I'll just add. KOOL!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.