1,021.81 Flywheel H/P, 817.45 RWHP, Video & Post # 9040 - Page 612 - IMBOC
IMBOC is proud to partner with Ford Racing

Welcome to the IMBOC forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. If you become a Supporting Member, you will have access to custom avatars, uploading images, personalized Garage listings, a special forum, and more. IMBOC.com is almost entirely user funded, so Supporting Memberships keeps IMBOC running! Registration is fast and simple, and basic membership is absolutely free! So please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us, but please read all of the IMBOC Frequently Asked Questions section first.
Become a Supporting Member. Find Out How!

Old 03-24-2015, 06:41 PM   #9166
SpeedingBullitt7
aka "jennie"
Lifetime Supporting Member

Default A blast from the pass

Hey Terry, after looking at some of the old memories we thought you might enjoy this one. It was my favorite day ever!

To view video click on the picture.
The Tigermachine was just a baby then. LOL

These were the good old days!

Here's a few photos of the party afterwards.

Last edited by SpeedingBullitt7; 03-24-2015 at 06:47 PM.
SpeedingBullitt7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2015, 06:52 PM   #9167
SteveNYC
aka "Steve"

Thumbs up Congrats on the new plate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
Guys,

Just went by and picked up my new License Plate.

(snip)

Shipped UPS to BRENSPEED for install.

Congratulations, Terry!

I would guess that the HP referred to on that license plate is Very Rare in the street-driveable Mustang world!

For fun, some people play "PowerBall".

You just play "Power"!!!

Steve

Stock (zero miles) exhaust system originally owned by Terry Honaker, Raxiom sequential tail lights, Kenwood DNX 6990 HD radio/GPS, SilverHorse Racing Tru-Billet (black finished) door lock pins, Altec Show-n-Go front license plate holder, CA Pony Cars hood strut kit, full size spare under trunk floor, AeroCatch 120 Plus Flush hood pins, Body Colored Side Mirror Covers. Parked next to the brand new, auto trans Freightliner Cascadia Evolution that's my "daily driver".
SteveNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:18 PM   #9168
nelsonbullitt
aka "Bob"

Hey you guys, thanks for posting the photos.

I have only met Greg from Livonia, the guy with the 2015 cool GT. Good stuff.

Looks like a lot of fine memories.
5.0 dohc. Roush 2300 TVS, upgraded fuel system. Aluminum DS, Tokico D-specs, P springs, bars, LCAs, UMI re-engineered 1/4" relocation brackets, GT500 strut brace. 2010 GT500 forged wheels with BGF Sport comp-2. JBA LT ceramic coated ss headers with catted OR H pipe and stock axle backs.
Last dynojet results: 591RWHP.

nelsonbullitt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:48 PM   #9169
pwd72s
aka "Paul"
Supporting Member

Loved that old video, Jennie...it's much nicer to have those lights and siren leading you than the other way around.
pwd72s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 06:05 PM   #9170
tigerhonaker
aka "Terry"

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue02058 View Post
My Favorite pic, Love the Fat/Skinnies look !

I Cringed when I saw this one, I couldn't imagine driving mine in the Snow .

Fred,

That was just one time there were others I can assure you.
The Fats & Skinnies did make for an interesting drive home though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedingBullitt7 View Post
Hey Terry, after looking at some of the old memories we thought you might enjoy this one. It was my favorite day ever!

To view video click on the picture.
The Tigermachine was just a baby then. LOL

These were the good old days!

Here's a few photos of the party afterwards.

Hello Jennie & Mike,

Man that was awhile back guys for sure.
That video is so very cool !!!
That was back when the Bullitt Mustangs were Hotttttttttt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveNYC View Post
Congratulations, Terry!

I would guess that the HP referred to on that license plate is Very Rare in the street-driveable Mustang world!

For fun, some people play "PowerBall".

You just play "Power"!!!

Steve
Hello Steve,

Yes POWER is it brother ................

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonbullitt View Post
Hey you guys, thanks for posting the photos.

I have only met Greg from Livonia, the guy with the 2015 cool GT. Good stuff.

Looks like a lot of fine memories.
Bob,

Man way back then a lot of us use to get together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
Loved that old video, Jennie...it's much nicer to have those lights and siren leading you than the other way around.
Paul,

Man that is so true following the lights than having the lights following you.

Terry
Old 03-26-2015, 10:38 AM   #9171
JackDW - 852
aka "Jack"

Monster BullittHead

Terry, while posting the pictures of the "skinny/Fat" wheels and tires, you missed my favorite. You had one from the Shootout (2010, I think) of your car coming off the line. Front was raised and the front tires just skimming over the pavement. Back of car was squating down and tires starting to wrinkle.

That shows the car in an almost perfect launch. Considering this was a street car with a street suspension using street tires, I don't think it could be any better.

I did look back to try to find the picture but finally gave us as there is so much information and pictures in the thread. Not complaining, just the opposite, I love all of the information you share.
JackDW - 852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 01:25 PM   #9172
tigerhonaker
aka "Terry"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDW - 852 View Post
Terry, while posting the pictures of the "skinny/Fat" wheels and tires, you missed my favorite. You had one from the Shootout (2010, I think) of your car coming off the line. Front was raised and the front tires just skimming over the pavement. Back of car was squating down and tires starting to wrinkle.

That shows the car in an almost perfect launch. Considering this was a street car with a street suspension using street tires, I don't think it could be any better.

I did look back to try to find the picture but finally gave us as there is so much information and pictures in the thread. Not complaining, just the opposite, I love all of the information you share.
Hello Jack,

I know the only picture I can think of is the following.
I don't have any other sorry buddy.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 03-26-2015 at 01:33 PM.
tigerhonaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 05:16 PM   #9173
JackDW - 852
aka "Jack"

Monster BullittHead

Thanks Terry, that second one is the one I remember.

That pictures is good for a thousand words (as the saying goes). Anyone who sees this instantly knows that car is "hooking up".

I am afraid you may not be able to duplicate this with your new setup. The new found power may overpower the tires or you have have to feather the trottle so much you just don't get that bite. In my opinion, this picture shows a car where the Power and traction were a great match.

This is the type of picture I like to see. This is where the real work is, getting everything to work together.

Thanks again for reposting. Will be interesting to see how the new setup reacts off the line. No question you will have the power. No question you will have as good a street tire and street suspension as available. But how well will they work together? No way of knowing until it is tested.
JackDW - 852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 12:38 AM   #9174
tigerhonaker
aka "Terry"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDW - 852 View Post
Thanks Terry, that second one is the one I remember.

That pictures is good for a thousand words (as the saying goes). Anyone who sees this instantly knows that car is "hooking up".

I am afraid you may not be able to duplicate this with your new setup. The new found power may overpower the tires or you have have to feather the throttle so much you just don't get that bite. In my opinion, this picture shows a car where the Power and traction were a great match.

This is the type of picture I like to see. This is where the real work is, getting everything to work together.

Thanks again for reposting. Will be interesting to see how the new setup reacts off the line. No question you will have the power. No question you will have as good a street tire and street suspension as available. But how well will they work together? No way of knowing until it is tested.
Jack,

I agree with you for sure.

The thing one has to be willing to deal with is traction with High H/P and especially Torque.

But you know what Jack in my case as crazy as it might sound I'm not all that concerned over Low E/T's.
They will simply be what they are as I have never been all that ate up over 1/4 times from the very beginning.
If I were that interested in actual 1/4 mile times I would have gone about some of the changes in a completely different manner.
I would have changed the way things were done to REDUCE overall weight.
I would have made sure I could run the best wheel & tire combination for drag-racing.
And I might have this last time actually went with the 4R70 auto.
It has much more capability with the new H/P & Torque.
I might have eliminated the A/C, Power Steering, the heavy rear seat delete, striped the interior, the shaker 1000 system, and that list would go on for awhile.

But ...........

Since I am much more into a Super Bad Looking street driven Mustang.
All the above is of no interest or would be the complete opposite of what I want for my use.
I'm thinking this time around I might actually end of with a Mustang that will possibly SCARE me.
That's right I did say and I do mean SCARE me for some time until I get accustomed to it.
It will true enough have a 93-Octane "Street Tune" but even though that is the case.
I really think it's going to be a hand-full on the street.

Just for those interested what I want and I think I will have is .............
A Wild-Looking Machine that will actually have the POWER to go along with it's looks.
Start it up and drive it wherever and whenever I choose weather conditions permitting.
It's been six-plus years in the making but I'm thinking BRENSPEED will deliver the vehicle I have described above to meet my expectations.

And if all goes as Brent, me and many others wish I might just get to make some passes down the 1/4 mile.
If that does take place all I will try my best to do is not do something STUPID taking it down the 1/4.
If a little or perhaps with a lot of LUCK I might just turn an acceptable E/T.
That would be an "AWESOME" thing since I will have ZERO time in it before I make any passes down the 1/4.
I would sit here and type that I'm not {SCARED} or {NERVOUS} thinking about taking it down the 1/4 but that guys would be a Total-Lie !!!

I did get a new picture from Brent off his cell phone this afternoon.
It showed me the newest item that just arrived at Brenspeed today.
It is going to be so totally awesome looking and I will surely share as soon as it is completely installed.
Brent has some really great ideas on things and this is one of them.

Hey Jack,

You might enjoy this video buddy this was in 2011 at the NMRA World Finals.

Left "Click" on picture below for video ...