Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

IMBOC will be offline during some of the weekend

1K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Deuce 
#1 ·
Might just be some of Friday night and Saturday, we'll have to see how the storage work goes.

Get your keys out. :)

#2 ·
Sorry gang.. I had to bring things down to force a full storage backup. Seeing some database errors in addition to the file errors. I needed to grab it as soon as possible. The real work starts tomorrow night.

#4 ·
I am getting too old for this ****. ;-)

Looks like a DB table (the one that tracks forum subscription, when you subscribe to a thread, etc) was zeroed-out (emptied, not deleted) during one of the backups or problems, which made it basically corrupted. SO at that point, all User Control panel requests would blow up, as it couldn't load that page. The error the database was throwing was "file system full" which was not accurate, and misleading me a bit.

Also, one of the add ons for vbulletin, that was not working right and was disabled, was actually creating a MASSIVE table that was slowing down backups, etc. I removed that and cleared the space, but I still need to test backups of the database, so not out of the woods yet. In addition, the storage failures are still there, so we'll need to move to a new web rebuild asap (Friday and Saturday work.)

I copied older DB table files from a file backup I luckily did (thanks Warthog for the suggestion) and moved it in place, repaired and such, and it looks like it is okay now.. you can open User Cp without without it tossing an error on my end. I also ran a good database backup, which failed at 5:00 am EST. That looked okay

Blah blah geek nerd computer blah. I am mostly typing this because I have had no sleep and I don't want to forget this.

Hope for the best for now. :)

#8 ·
I've been posting for the past couple days without incident. Not a lot, but several posts... ;-)

All seems good to me!

#9 ·
B-Man said:
I am getting too old for this ****. ;-)

snip... snip...

Blah blah geek nerd computer blah. I am mostly typing this because I have had no sleep and I don't want to forget this.

Hope for the best for now. :)

Yah right!!! too old? no sleep?

...I think it's that stuff in the blue can that your drinking! ;-)

#10 ·
Mike, a sincere thank you for all the work you do to keep IMBOC.com The Happening web site for the Bullittheads...and for giving WJJZ BullittRadio an outlet for the insanity we all need and crave....Kraut out/Carry on...

#11 ·
Kraut-60 said:
Mike, a sincere thank you for all the work you do to keep IMBOC.com The Happening web site for the Bullittheads...and for giving WJJZ BullittRadio an outlet for the insanity we all need and crave....Kraut out/Carry on...
Thanks! :)

#12 ·
Database cleanup, backups, all the fun maintenance tuning boredom done. Building new image now.. once its ready, we'll move to new storage devices.

Storage will be about 6x what we have now. I think it might be time to bump up picture upload sizes for supporting members.

And database backups are WAY quicker now due to the database tuning, so no more slowdowns at 5:00 AM EST each day.

#13 ·
WOW! This is moving along quicker than I was thinking it would take. In my mind, based on what you said earlier, it was sounding like you were going to be pounding on this thing for two or two and half days!

Your the man! B-Man that is! ;-)

#14 ·
DavidMidgley said:
WOW! This is moving along quicker than I was thinking it would take. In my mind, based on what you said earlier, it was sounding like you were going to be pounding on this thing for two or two and half days!

Your the man! B-Man that is! ;-)
Spreading it out some.. Main focus is to not lose any data (posts, etc.) So far so good.

#20 ·
B-Man said:
:)

I am worried people are having issues.. The site is very quiet right now.
We ALL have issues, Mike. So what's new? :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.