Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

2006 Pink Slip Shootout

9K views 93 replies 19 participants last post by  TOYS-R-ME! 
#1 ·
AUGUST 25 - 27

I know it's early but with all the other events posted I thought I may as well post this now. This way the regular guys who show up can put it on their calenders and the guys who claim they're going to show up will have lots of time for their excuse for not showing up.

This is going to be during a big weekend event. This event will have Pro 5.0 races, and so on. Money payouts etc. Very similar to a FFW event. T&T will start on Thursday. Friday will be more T&T and first round of qualifications. Saturday, another round of qualifying and Sunday will be eliminations.

Once again if the turnout is big enough there will be a cash payout along with trophies and swag. Magazines will be there, it should be a huge event.

The total payout number I've heard being thrown around is as much as 100k for all the racers. Sure would be nice to have a decent size Bullitt turnout as it is bracket racing, anyone can win. Just ask MustangMan and his winter driven car. :grin:

Here's a little bit from the organizers' website.

Mark these dates down! DaSilva Racing will be hosting the huge J&P Reunion at Toronto Motorsports Park on August 25 thru 27, 2006. Come out for a guaranteed good time! There will be different race brackets, a show & shine, watch a jet car race down the track and much more! We will keep you updated. Meet all of the big names like the legendary Stormin’ Norman, Fun Ford Champion Chuck Samuels, NMRA Champion Manny Buginga and more to be confirmed. Media coverage so far will include Modified Mustangs, Muscle Mustangs and 5.0 Mustangs. If 3 days are not enough for you, let us know. We’re thinking about a test & tune on the 24th of August, but want your feedback. We suggest that you book your hotel now for this shoot-out event or take advantage of the weekend camping that is available at Toronto Motorsports Park. -DaSilva Racing

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kaylan1521 on 2005-11-14 12:08 ]</font>

See less See more
#3 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2005-11-14 12:26, MustangMan wrote:
Hey I resemble that remark. Ahhh winning is winning. Looks like I'll be good. Do you know what day the Bullitt Pink slip shoot-out will be?

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Sunday during the eliminations. With the qualifying on Saturday there will be a laddered field for Sundays races.

#7 ·
I already have my excuses ready:

1) I don't race
2) School will have just started for Stacy and I and it is near impossible to get off that early.
3) $

You can choose the excuse that you would rather us use :grin:

We really want to get up there to visit you guys, but it never seems to work out. Too bad we didn't know you guys as well after the 100th. We actually drove up through Canada. That summer we had nothing to do and spent it all in the Bullitt.

#10 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2006-01-30 14:23, Bullitt3817 wrote:
Dee,

You forgot one:

4) Stacey won't let me.

No, that is your wife. :grin:

Stacy actually wants to go. If your wife had let you come to some of the other events you could have met Stacy and found out that she is not the norm. :eek:

#11 ·
On 2006-01-30 09:34, 5111 wrote:

Too bad we didn't know you guys as well after the 100th.

Ahhh, the good 'ol days!!! :grin:

#12 ·
On 2006-01-30 14:33, 5111 wrote:
Dee,

You forgot one:

4) Stacey won't let me.

Stacy actually wants to go. If your wife had let you come to some of the other events you could have met Stacy and found out that she is not the norm. :eek:

Bro, she hooked up with you! Doesn't take a rocket scientist to need to meet her to know that there is something wrong, oops, I mean, that she's not the norm!

#13 ·
On 2006-01-30 15:06, TOYS-R-ME! wrote:
On 2006-01-30 09:34, 5111 wrote:

Too bad we didn't know you guys as well after the 100th.

Ahhh, the good 'ol days!!! :grin:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Terry that's one of your best ones yet!

#14 ·
On 2006-01-30 14:33, 5111 wrote:
Dee,

You forgot one:

4) Stacey won't let me.

I met Stacey in Nashville, and I know that she wears the pants in your marriage. :grin:

#15 ·
On 2006-02-05 21:25, Bullitt3817 wrote:
I met Stacey in Nashville, and I know that she wears the pants in your marriage. :grin:
I think that it is fairly obvious that you are reaching for straws in order to hide your own relationship. You couldn't have met Stacy in Nashville because she wasn't there!!! :grin:

#18 ·
On 2006-02-06 15:06, sdorn wrote:
I would be afraid to enter any race called a "Pink Slip" shootout.

It's a Canadian thing. Something about dressing in women's underwear.....

:rotfl:

#19 ·
OK, so it was at the 100th that I met her then. All I remember is her telling you to jump and you asking "how high?"

:smile:

#20 ·
On 2006-02-06 15:49, droopysbullitt wrote:
On 2006-02-06 15:06, sdorn wrote:
I would be afraid to enter any race called a "Pink Slip" shootout.

It's a Canadian thing. Something about dressing in women's

underwear.....

:rotfl:

.... and then we drive to Texas and kick butt! It's a beautiful thing.

#23 ·
Whatever! I would be happy to go and race my truck, but Dee is right. That is the weekend after school starts and there is no way we could go. Now, have the event in July and we can talk.

Paul, you KNOW we would come if we could!

No more smack talkin'about this Bullitt Babe!!!

Bullitt3817 said:
Dee,

You forgot one:

4) Stacey won't let me.

#24 ·
Bullitt3817 said:
OK, so it was at the 100th that I met her then. All I remember is her telling you to jump and you asking "how high?"

:smile:
Ummm, I wish! A good husband would be obedient and do everything I tell him to do.
Too bad Dee is NOT a good husband. Must have met another wife named Stacy cause unfortunately that doesn't happen in this family.

Although, he is a good wench and washes my truck sometimes (ok, all the time).

I love you, Dee!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.