723.63 RWHP/904.54 H/P @ Crank, DYNO Video, Post #8343, 144 Pics. Post # 8,508 - Page 582 - IMBOC
IMBOC is proud to partner with Ford Racing

Welcome to the IMBOC forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. If you become a Supporting Member, you will have access to custom avatars, uploading images, personalized Garage listings, a special forum, and more. IMBOC.com is almost entirely user funded, so Supporting Memberships keeps IMBOC running! Registration is fast and simple, and basic membership is absolutely free! So please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us, but please read all of the IMBOC Frequently Asked Questions section first.
Become a Supporting Member. Find Out How!

Old 10-08-2014, 02:24 PM   #8716
tigerhonaker
aka "Terry"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodging Bullitt View Post
Bob

I was wondering what happened to your Bullitt - was it totaled?
Hi Al,

Here is what took place with Bob Nixon's Bullitt Mustang last year.

Well 5224 is gone, but i still enjoy imboc, very much

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303713

Please, respond to Bob's Thread over on it so we don't get this Thread to far all Topic, thanks

Terry

Old 10-08-2014, 02:35 PM   #8717
SnakeBit
aka "Timmissingname"
Timmissingname

GONE TO PLAID!

shoot that one was nothing. one year at Bradenton, at about 3/4 track or so, like a 7 or 8 sec Stang, back tire blew, car hit the rail, flipped over it and was demolished. he could't do anything either. when you are going that fast that quick, your reaction time is too slow to really make a difference.
was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

SnakeBit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 06:01 PM   #8718
JackDW - 852
aka "Jack"

Monster BullittHead

Thanks for posting the video (I think).

This reminds me of a conversion we had a couple months ago when I asked if you would be driving the Tigermachine in the event. The next time someone asks that question, just post this video and it will explain why it would not be such a great idea to run a extremely high performance car on the track, especially if it is a street car and not a race car.

Looking at this, I truly respect your decision not to take yours to the track.
JackDW - 852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:29 AM   #8719
pwd72s
aka "Paul"
Supporting Member

Me too Jack...Me too.
pwd72s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:45 AM   #8720
tigerhonaker
aka "Terry"

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBit View Post
shoot that one was nothing. one year at Bradenton, at about 3/4 track or so, like a 7 or 8 sec Stang, back tire
blew, car hit the rail, flipped over it and was demolished. he could't do anything either. when you are going that fast
that quick, your reaction time is too slow to really make a difference.
Tim,

I can tell you no faster than my Mustang is there is No-Way to react to something bad taking place.

Things just happen way-way to Fast for us to react.

It's like we see what happens in Slow-Motion but can't react to STOP what's happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDW - 852 View Post
Thanks for posting the video (I think).

This reminds me of a conversion we had a couple months ago when I asked if you would be driving the Tigermachine in the event.
The next time someone asks that question, just post this video and it will explain why it would not be such a great idea to run a
extremely high performance car on the track, especially if it is a street car and not a race car.

Jack,

I actually went over to S-197 Mustang's Internet Site and found the video to post here.

I posted the video per Bob Nixon asking if I took pictures of the Mustang that wrecked.

I could have taken pictures but I just felt like I would show respect to the fellow and not take pictures.

Might sound odd but it's just the way I felt seeing the "Demolished" Mustang.

Quote:
The next time someone asks that question, just post this video and it will explain why it would not be such a great idea to run a extremely high performance car on the track,
especially if it is a street car and not a race car.

Well Jack I can comment on me running mine on a Drag-Strip.

I have very mixed emotions about further running it for ET's on a Drag-Strip.
Part of me at times really likes feeling the RUSH as one leaves the XMAS Tree.
Not exactly a very easy thing for me to describe actually.
I'm sitting at the Tree watching the Lights come down and then carefully trying my best to hold-back going Wide-Open-Throttle as I know the rear tires will go up in Smoke with (Street Tires).
(Not any form of Street Legal actual Drag Radials)
Then as it hopefully gains traction and shifts you go WOT and hold on and point it down your lane until your sure you passed the 1/4 mile.
Then Jump on the Brakes HARD to slow it down before you run out of room.

Then there is the side of me that being my current age has me thinking (Caution).
I hope I don't regret sharing this on here but I'll give it a shot.
Plus 100K invested in the Bullitt over the past 6-Yrs. plus.
That dollar amount and as I just pointed out this (Caution) looming in my head.
Has me now to where it's not as easy as back years ago when I was a little younger, more fool hardy, sure of myself, cocky, dollars invested, and lastly it being a HELL of a lot Faster.

Just to share something with you buddy and this has never been posted before but I have decided this might be the time to share this.

This year at the TX. Shootout I did attempt to run it at the Drag-Strip and then it did not have it's current HP & TRQ.

(Yes the Main Fuse Blew to the Fuel-Pumps)

But here is the Full Disclosure that was not said by me as I did not see the point in describing what actually took place with me on that (Partial) 1/4 Mile Pass.

I found I was so concerned/worried over what the Bullitt would do it took (Complete Precedent) over me being able to (Concentrate) on driving.

Just way to many things running through my mind that could happen that as I said I could not make myself run it with WOT (Wide-Open-Throttle).

It was to me sitting in my seat like watching it taking place as my brain was hung-up on CAUTION.

Finally after passing the 1/8 mile my brain let go of the Caution and I suddenly realized I was in 4th gear and I at that point SLAMMED the Throttle to the floor.

The Bullitt then just simply PUSHED me back in the seat and it was gone.

Then the next thing as I was closing on the 1/4 the Bullitt's engine just STOPPED !!!

I coasted through the lights and was thankfully towed off the drag-strip by the owner of it.

Very nice fellow as he crawled under the front of the car and hooked the tow-strap so it would not damage the front fascia as he towed me to the grass area.

Granted that was my 1st pass in it after just picking it up from Brenspeed.

What I have at least just done is to share how things really can go with a person driving Fast cars.

What the public sees and what actually in reality is going on with that driver/owner in many cases does not match-up.

At 69-yrs. old I'm past the point in my life that I am unwilling to share the truth with people.

My thinking is it could possibly HELP others when the same thing happens to them.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 10-09-2014 at 11:59 AM.
tigerhonaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:14 PM   #8721
Bullitt2059
aka "Brian"

Mega BullittHead

Terry, Have you ever thought about running the Tiger Machine at a half mile or mile long drag event? I'm not sure what the proper setup for something like that is, I would assume some decently tall gearing and lots of power (which you have!).
Old 10-09-2014, 01:04 PM   #8722
TrueBlue02058
aka "Fred"

Monster BullittHead

Terry, your Car is too nice to risk it all on the track. (Nicest Bullitt I have ever seen).

At our age It's not about using all of the power you have, it's about knowing that it is there in case you should need it.
TrueBlue02058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:50 PM   #8723
dcard
aka "Dale"

Monster BullittHead

Terry interesting post and reply's. although I agree somewhat with you. I don't think Age, in years has anything to do with a racers mentality. Sure, we age like wine, get a little more mellow, less jack rabbit starts and such. But a real car guy has something in his blood that does not wane. At 79 going pushing 80, I don't go out looking for trouble, but have been known to not turn down all the challenges. Still love running 85 on the Interstate and pushing it up further when the roads clear, plus running thru the gears at WOT. I will admit, that's done at the airport. No walls or telephone poles. Runway & taxiway lights are break aways.haha I'll be interested to hear what happens when that Charger or Hellcats blips you at the stop light once you get the B bank and get the hang of the car with those new MT tires. keep us posted
BBK 62mm TB-FR Hotrod Cams-Headers-Steeda UDP's-FR 4:10's-Borla T-BAMA tune-JLT oil Separator-Airaid Air filter
Steeda sport springs & Adjutable Panhard-Koni STR-T Struts/Shocks-GT500 Strut mounts-J&M rear LCA-Whiteline relocation brackets-H&R wheel spacers-Saleen short shift kit-
Aero force guage-Shorty Antenna-Smoked Decklid panel-DG painted louvers-01 Bullitt Grille emblem-CDC Chin spoiler-SHR GT Lower Grille insert--Sequential lights-Black taillight trim-Bullitt third brake tint

USAF 1955-75
dcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 02:08 PM   #8724
first ford
aka "rick"

You Broke the Server!

racing breaks stuff , maybe not on the first pass or second but it is very hard on a stock vehicle and even harder on a high horse power modded vehicle. I build mine now to cruise and enjoy jump on em every so often on the highway but no more drag strip for my cars.
Vortech V-7 YSI ,Kooks LT W/ H pipe, 62 Mil TB, 3.5"Dynotech shaft, Steeda swaybar & end links,SLP exhaust, T56 magnum 6spd trans,Mcleod clutch ,steeda lca BMR uca,FRPP axle girdle , Koni yellows, Moser axles,UMI pan hard bar,SLP line lock, boost gauge, wideband ,BMR relocation brackets,B 302 stroker,SHR louvers,Steeda torque boxs,Prothane motor mounts,CHE torque limiter,Raptor shift light, Baer Decelarotors, Nitto NT05 295/45/18 out back, torq thrust wheels, Comp cams,MRT Custom shift knob,MRT Bullitt hood 682 RWHP/577T /2014 GHIG GT lightly modded .. so far
first ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 04:16 PM   #8725
TrueBlue02058
aka "Fred"

Monster BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by first ford View Post
racing breaks stuff , maybe not on the first pass or second but it is very hard on a stock vehicle and even harder on a high horse power modded vehicle. I build mine now to cruise and enjoy jump on em every so often on the highway but no more drag strip for my cars.
Haven't seen that Guy (Cornholio) in a while.

I am Cornholio, are you threatening Me ?
TrueBlue02058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 01:51 PM   #8726
tigerhonaker
aka "Terry"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt2059 View Post
Terry, Have you ever thought about running the Tiger Machine at a half mile or mile long drag event? I'm not sure what the proper setup for something like that is, I would assume some decently tall gearing and lots of power (which you have!).
I am aware of those events covering a 1/2 mile or a mile.

Honestly I don't know if I would wish to do either with this Bullitt now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue02058 View Post
Terry, your Car is too nice to risk it all on the track. (Nicest Bullitt I have ever seen).

At our age It's not about using all of the power you have, it's about knowing that it is there in case you should need it.
Hi Fred,

You know your right in many instances.

Plus it's just fun to drive cars with a lot of POWER I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcard View Post
Terry interesting post and reply's. although I agree somewhat with you. I don't think Age, in years has anything to do with a racers mentality. Sure, we age like wine, get a little more mellow, less jack rabbit starts and such. But a real car guy has something in his blood that does not wane. At 79 going pushing 80, I don't go out looking for trouble, but have been known to not turn down all the challenges. Still love running 85 on the Interstate and pushing it up further when the roads clear, plus running thru the gears at WOT. I will admit, that's done at the airport. No walls or telephone poles. Runway & taxiway lights are break aways.haha I'll be interested to hear what happens when that Charger or Hellcats blips you at the stop light once you get the B bank and get the hang of the car with those new MT tires. keep us posted
Dale,

You know by now I just post as I talk in person.
The below is simply conversation with you.

Your right it's not just age related I just mentioned my age as a reference to myself.
(Not necessarily to all older People)

I know some real Wild people that happen to be older and could care less about caution.

Maybe I should further elaborate on the prior post above of mine.

I was not Mentally prepared to run mine Wide-Open at Lufkin on the 1st pass.

Why ???

I just picked it up from Brenspeed and all I got to do with it was drive it in Storms almost all the way to Lufkin, TX.

No time at all to TEST if everything was A-OK with the car.

Certainly not at WOT (Wide-Open-Throttle) on a drag-strip.

In my mind a multitude of questions came in my mind in regards to running it competitively the 1st Pass ...

How hard could I leave with it from the lights ???

Would it go straight with the new POWER & small street tires ???

Was (Everything) A-OK with the car mechanically after just picking it up ???

Would it Break-the-Tires-Loose in the higher gears and get sideways ???

Would it get so out of Whack I might HIT or Cause a Buddy of mine to Wreck his car or even worse Hurt himself ???

That my friend is a sampling of what was going through my mind on that 1st pass at Lufkin, TX.

With all those things going on in my mind I simply could-not concentrate on making that pass in a competitive manner.

If I could have made several passes at Lufkin, TX. I feel sure I would have
gained confidence in the Bullitt and would have then ran it Wide-Open.

Quote:
I'll be interested to hear what happens when that Charger or
Hellcats blips you at the stop light once you get the B back and get
the hang of the car with those new MT tires. keep us posted
Quote:
If that does happen and it is possible and I could get away with not going straight to "Jail" with no get of of Jail Free card.

Trust me that driver would have to Show-Me as they say in Missouri.

I would not cut that driver any Slack at all.

In fact it might be interesting to run one of them at a drag-strip.

Also I have been known on occasions to run another car beside me on the right road or interstate.

Of course just in a Friendly Spirited way.

The one thing I do know is the Faster the car the more likely it will get (All-out-of-Shape) instantly ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by first ford View Post
Rick,

As I have said many-many-times on the Internet.
If you Drag-Race a car frequently it is going to BREAK sooner or later.
And it really does not matter what High-Dollar parts it is built with.
Drag-Racing breaks things and that is just the way it is.

Personally I am of the opinion the Faster the car the more likely parts are going to be broken.

Drag-Racing is fun and something to enjoy as a sport like anything else.

But ..........

When a person allows their emotions to Take-Over their Common-Sense look out !!!

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 10-10-2014 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:25 AM   #8727
nelsonbullitt
aka "Bob"

Monster BullittHead

Terry, you hit on a couple of good points.

Breaking stuff, yes. For some of us it is an opportunity to upgrade.

For others who are a little more strapped for fun money it is really depressing.

My slipping clutch is a good example. Now that it is slipping, I get to put more goodies on it.

Terry, I live is an area that has terrible winters. But.... it also has lots of nice curvy or straight roads to wind that puppy up. Not too many deer now as last winter killed most of them.

Still have to worry about the moose and wolves though. The bears are pretty much hibernating until next spring/summer.

THose moose, though. Hit one of those at 130 and it would be like hitting a brick wall. Their tummies are equal to the top of my hood.
5.0 dohc. Roush 2300 TVS, upgraded fuel system. Aluminum DS, Tokico D-specs, bars, LCAs, relocation brackets, GT500 strut brace. 2010 GT500 forged wheels with BGF Sport comp-2. JBA LT ceramic coated ss headers with catted OR H pipe and stock axle backs.

nelsonbullitt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:44 AM   #8728
pwd72s
aka "Paul"
Supporting Member

Boy howdy on that..hitting critters. I lost a friend when he drove into a herd of elk one dark night in Colorado.

If you're driving in the west and see a sign proclaiming "open range", slow down...especially at night. This sign means that there are no fences keeping the cattle off the road.

To get back on topic...Terry, you don't have to prove a thing. Enjoy your car your way.
pwd72s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 01:39 PM   #8729
tigerhonaker
aka "Terry"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonbullitt View Post
Terry, you hit on a couple of good points.

Breaking stuff, yes. For some of us it is an opportunity to upgrade.

For others who are a little more strapped for fun money it is really depressing.

My slipping clutch is a good example. Now that it is slipping, I get to put more goodies on it.

Terry, I live is an area that has terrible winters. But.... it also has lots of nice curvy or straight roads to wind that puppy up. Not too many deer now as last winter killed most of them.

Still have to worry about the moose and wolves though. The bears are pretty much hibernating until next spring/summer.

THose moose, though. Hit one of those at 130 and it would be like hitting a brick wall. Their tummies are equal to the top of my hood.
Bob,

Your right for just a normal person with a normal income breaking things on their Bullitt can be a nightmare.

My "Advise" is if a person does not have a lot of [Reserve] dollars don't race.

A new clutch, flywheel etc. you will once again be all set.

We don't have the animals you guys do.

But we sure do have thousands of deer.

I have just about given up driving the Bullitt at night anymore.

Just to much crap lying on the roads/interstates and by the time one sees it, it's to late.

And speaking of driving at night and hitting animals or other things lying in the way on the interstate.

Trust me I can relate as I HIT a Semi's Tire Carcass with Bobby's Bullitt loaner car I had.

There was No-Way to miss it by the time I saw it in the headlights.

All I could do was drive right smack into it.

Maybe a 1/2 mile down the interstate sitting on the side was a Semi Tanker Trailer with his Emergency Lights on.

There is No-Doubt that was the Semi that lost one of his Tires !!!

It ripped loose and completely "Demolished" the lower front fascia {Carbon-Fiber-Spoiler}.

So to further talk about my incident keep in mind it was not even my Bullitt Mustang.

Talk about instantly being "Sick" !!!

All one could do was drive on home where you could check out the Damage.

Luckily, the Damage was where it could be fixed by removing the complete Front-End Fascia.

Completely repainting it so there were No-Scratches left from the tire carcass.

Plus ordering a new lower Carbon-Fiber-Lower spoiler.

It was a very expensive ordeal as it was all paid in CASH.

That was the 1st time I had his Bullitt for months and months while my Bullitt was at Brenspeed.

Well the good news if there could possibly be any is.

Everything was corrected and any damaged part was replaced new and when it was all back together it was actually better than before.

Oh I was on my way back home at night from riding with Bobby in the Prime Semi.

Have not done that since !!!

I now drive the 2014 MCS (Mini Cooper Sport with the Newest Light Technology (LED Lights).

Driving at "Night" for me now just probably is not going to take place.

Hotel for an overnight stay is a Hell of a lot cheaper and Safer IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
Boy howdy on that..hitting critters. I lost a friend when he drove into a herd of elk one dark night in Colorado.

If you're driving in the west and see a sign proclaiming "open range", slow down...especially at night. This sign means that there are no fences keeping the cattle off the road.

To get back on topic...Terry, you don't have to prove a thing. Enjoy your car your way.
Paul,

Quote:
I Thank-You for your thoughts.

Being serious the real reason I choose to talk about things on here is to just maybe let others know what really takes place with others like myself.

I think way to often people think if they let their guard down and actually come right out and tell things the way they really are.

They will be made Fun of or in some cases be viewed as a Wimp, Sissy, Baby and all the other crazy crap that could come back on them.

Me being the fellow I am I'm honestly not worried about that sort of thing.

I tell things as best as I can in the hope that just possibly it might help the other person.

That's why I decided to talk about that partial-1/4 mile pass at Lufkin, TX. this year.

So that if others reading this Thread and the posting on it would see how things can be for even a guy like myself.

I have been doing cars, motorcycles since back in the mid 60's.

If they read what was going through my mind the 1st pass and they end up in a similar situation just maybe they would (Pause & Recall) what Terry posted.

Then hopefully they would stay Calm and not do something Careless and Destroy their Mustang and even worse Hit the wall or Hit the other driver's car.

That's what I was attempting to say/explain in the above posts that in my case there was one of my buddies (Ron Ream) in the other lane at Lufkin, TX.

I do happen to give a Rat's-A$$ about a buddy much more so than going WOT (Wide-Open-Throttle) and possibly hitting or causing him to wreck because of my Dumb-A$$ Actions.

You know words on a computer screen are just that and No-Emotions are shown.

But maybe from what I post some people get the general idea at least.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 10-11-2014 at 02:08 PM.

Tags
new tigermachine for 2014, so stay tuned in ...