Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Snow Bullitt

2K views 31 replies 19 participants last post by  PhotoRick 
#1 ·
I pulled the Bullitt out of storage and have been driving it since it gets waaaaay better mileage than my old pickup. The weather had been nice, but yesterday it decided to snow a few inches. The snow picked up over night and this is what I woke up to.

Back to driving the pickup again.

See less See more
#27 ·
Tiggertoo said:
Have to add my favorite snow picture :lol: it's not from this winter, but from the big storm that hit the NJ shore in 2010. My family decided to go to Ocean City for Christmas, and this is the sight I woke up to on the 26th! I think we ended up with about 2.5 feet of snow that day.

Actually, I've found that as long as I have good all weather tires on the Mustang, it handles perfectly fine until I hit about 3 inches of snow on the roads - then the sway bars start to scrape. Since the city of Philadelphia does not believe in plowing until at least a day after the storm and doesn't salt the roads either, I learned this first hand!
My only issue in my Bullitt is that the increased torque means i have to be careful when moving from a complete stop or it tends to fishtail. eeeaaasssyyy on the gas pedal when in first gear - not a normal habit :badgrin:
The way to drive a stick in snow is simply start off in second or even third. Will it pull? You bet, little bit of wheel spin with a feather light touch on the gas and dumping of the clutch it'll move right off. Never, ever use first on ice or snow. Go for the higher gear at the earliest possible time, in other words, low rpm, low speed. Let the torque pull you away. Stay off the clutch, unless of course you want to induce some wheel spin. :badgrin: If you are going to do wheel spin why not crank the steering wheel hard over a couple or ten degrees and do some donuts while you are at it!:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Really, remember start off in a higher gear from a dead stop. Feather light gas pedal, let the engine "lug" in gears a little. It won't hurt a thing, there's plenty of wheel slippage.

#28 ·
DavidMidgley said:
The way to drive a stick in snow is simply start off in second or even third. Will it pull? You bet, little bit of wheel spin with a feather light touch on the gas and dumping of the clutch it'll move right off. Never, ever use first on ice or snow. Go for the higher gear at the earliest possible time, in other words, low rpm, low speed. Let the torque pull you away. Stay off the clutch, unless of course you want to induce some wheel spin. :badgrin: If you are going to do wheel spin why not crank the steering wheel hard over a couple or ten degrees and do some donuts while you are at it!:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Really, remember start off in a higher gear from a dead stop. Feather light gas pedal, let the engine "lug" in gears a little. It won't hurt a thing, there's plenty of wheel slippage.
Yeah, normally I would start out in second, but one of my injectors is leaking so it tends to bog down and stutter when the RPM's are under 1000, which they are in second from a dead stop. I just haven't been able to scrape together the money to replace them yet...
I try to make sure that I take it very easy on the gas when there's snow or ice on the roads - but habits are hard to break! :cool: It would also help if the stupid POS chevy that I have for a "spare" car would stop breaking every time I fix it... I fix one thing and another thing breaks. Apparently, I am not meant to have two cars actually running at the same time :shock:

#31 ·
Some of us have no choice. Of course, I do. I even had it in storage all packed away for winter. Then it was nice weather so I started driving again. Of course it snowed. Chance of snow again this weekend, and my pickup is in that storage unit in the middle of a transmission swap.:lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.