Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Attention: Steve68Cougar!

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Steve68Cougar 
#1 ·
I bought this to go on my 67 Cougar, but I don't have the car anymore (I bought lots of things for the car that I should have waited till I actually needed them to buy.)

I don't know if they put these on the 68s or not, but you're welcome to it if you like. I would figure since the 67 had to have been out already, that these may have carried over to the 68. I think they went on the driver side rear passenger window. I just want it to go to a good home. I can bring it to the Shootout if you like. It's nicer than the picture shows.

Let me know.

David

See less See more
#2 ·
Sure, I'd take it! There's a chunk of the car that's '67, anyway. The engine, driveshaft and clutch/brake pedal are out of my parents' '67 that we unfortunately had to part out. I'm definitely planning on being at the Shootout, so that would be a good place. If somebody else chimes in as having a '67, I'd be happy to let them have it instead of me. Thanks!

#3 ·
There use to be a few other Cougar owners on the site, but I think they have since moved on as I haven't seen their posts in years. Consider it yours.

#5 ·
Thanks, David.

I agree that this is a great group of people. I've thoroughly enjoyed all of the events I've been to and I look forward to several big ones this year. I'll see you guys at the Shootout!

By the way, here's what condition my car is in currently:

I am in the process of rounding up parts to get it going again this year. It's been pretty much sitting since about 2003 for various reasons. The clutch is really weak, which will be remedied by a new one that a coworker bought for his '69 Eliminator and then figured out that the '68's and '69's are different. I'll also have to get a carburetor for it, redo the fuel system and work on the brakes. There's a lot of other things that will need to get done, but those are the high points. I'll probably do some sort of post on it when I actually get to working on it.

#6 ·
:D Looks like a nice car to restore! Can't wait for the thread to begin!!

#7 ·
I only wish it was half as nice as the picture looks like it "might" be. Lots of rust under the Bondo. Unfortunately they don't make complete rear quarter panels for it. The price of used good ones is more than what I paid for the car back in '89. I think the car will get moved from my parents' place to where I'm at sometime after the Shootout. I've got quite a bit of work to do on the Bullitt (and Focus) before then.

#8 · (Edited)
I'll post a few pics of the 67 I had later. In hindsight, I should have kept it. However, it wasn't at my house, so I had to plan days to work on it in advance. With other responsibilities and misfortunes, I just gave up.

I thought I had some of it I took at the car show I sold it at, but I guess not. These were pix for Heacock Insurance, which was about a year and a half before I sold it. I "cleaned up" the engine compartment and a few other things before it went bye bye.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.