1,021.81 Flywheel H/P, 817.45 RWHP, Video & Post # 9040 - Page 651 - IMBOC
RIP Dan "Wildman" Hickey 1949 – 2015
IMBOC is proud to partner with Ford Racing

Welcome to the IMBOC forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. If you become a Supporting Member, you will have access to custom avatars, uploading images, personalized Garage listings, a special forum, and more. IMBOC.com is almost entirely user funded, so Supporting Memberships keeps IMBOC running! Registration is fast and simple, and basic membership is absolutely free! So please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us, but please read all of the IMBOC Frequently Asked Questions section first.
Become a Supporting Member. Find Out How!

Old 08-30-2015, 09:51 AM   #9751
nelsonbullitt
aka "Bob"
Lifetime Supporting Member

wow! Terry is back in the saddle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
Guys,

Met up with Tim who has a Wild GT Mustang that happens to have a Brenspeed B-326 Built Engine.
And a Big Whipple S/C !!!
It is a bad Machine guys ................

Anyway we met at the Shell right down the street from my house this morning.
Then drove over to Cool Springs to the local Cruise-in.
This was not the weekend for the "Exotics" that's this next weekend.
But there was a Huge turnout other than those cars.
Beautiful day for it with a nice breeze and 80's temperatures.

I took some pics but not many just to show some of the crowd and Tim's GT Mustang & my Bullitt.

Look what's flying over guys.

Mods: JBA ss ceramic coated 1 7/8 headers with HF cats and stock axlebacks; Ford racing rear LCAs, Boss oil cooler. 2013 Ford Racing "P" springs with Tokico adjustable shocks/struts, Fays2 watts link, Roush 2300 tvs with upgraded fuel delivery, stock antisway bars and some other stuff. Mickey Thompson Street Comp wheels/tires. 275/35-20, 305/35-20.
nelsonbullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2015, 11:53 AM   #9752
tigerhonaker
aka "Terry"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnixon View Post
Yep i like thu roll cage, it crossed my mind several times to put some kind in 5224. But as you know,i totaled it,anyway five,un half years of pure fun,un i got out alive.
Bob,

I'm not going to say a roll-cage with the swing-our Entry & Exit bars would be bad.
But, if a person goes that route you have little access to the rear seat area at best.
Plus even with the swing out bars it can still be a pain to get in and out of the driver's seat in some parking situations.
I think it just comes down to what an owner is willing to except as in easy use.

You had a lot of Fun years driving your Bullitt and it sure was an out-standing Bullitt Mustang IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerDon View Post
That Goodyear blimp must have been spying on the TigerMachine II!
Farmer Don,

Well I don't know if that was the case but it was pretty cool seeing it fly overhead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip_mustang View Post
some nice cars over there. Tom's car seems to look great to. Got more pics from that one buddy?
Philip,

I use to take a lot more pics years ago when attending Mustang events.
But after accumulating a couple of thousand pictures I slowed up on taking so many.
It just got to where it was a nightmare to find certain pics afterwards.
I have been taking pics since 2008 so I now have in the thousands of pics in photobucket.

It was some really Super Nice Cars at the Cruise-in on Saturday buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonbullitt View Post
wow! Terry is back in the saddle.
Hello Bob,

Man this is the 1st time I have been to that Cruise-in in a year.
Hard to believe but very true it was fun and a relaxing to attend.
I really enjoyed it !!!

Had some of the Hard-Core car guys checking out the Bullitt completely.
A few spent like 30-minutes looking over it and then came back with their buddies showing and going all over it again.

You can instantly tell the guys that are into performance and not just the "Bling" thing.

If they are simply walking and looking for "Bling" they slightly Slow-Up and move right along.

But if they are into Performance and know what they are looking at they [Stop] and go over the complete car several times.

Brenspeed Talks About Long Term Projects and Dream Cars.
"The Tiger Machine"

1,021.81 Flywheel Horsepower

Brenspeed B-302
Stroker Engine.

tigerhonaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 01:28 PM   #9753
TrueBlue02058
aka "Fred"

Monster BullittHead

Thumbs up

Quote:
Guys,

Met up with Tim who has a Wild GT Mustang that happens to have a Brenspeed B-326 Built Engine.
And a Big Whipple S/C !!!
It is a bad Machine guys ................

Anyway we met at the Shell right down the street from my house this morning.
Then drove over to Cool Springs to the local Cruise-in.
This was not the weekend for the "Exotics" that's this next weekend.
But there was a Huge turnout other than those cars.
Beautiful day for it with a nice breeze and 80's temperatures.

I took some pics but not many just to show some of the crowd and Tim's GT Mustang & my Bullitt.

Look what's flying over guys.

Great Pics Terry ! Glad to see you behind the wheel again !
TrueBlue02058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:49 PM   #9754
dcard
aka "Dale"

Monster BullittHead

Terry, I knew you would have to punch it. But a Pickup truck. haha. Bet it felt good. Nice picls of the car show. That looks like one wild Black mustang. Keep a light foot buddy.
BBK 62mm TB, Headers, 4.10's, Steeda UDP's, Borla T, BAMA tune, Steeda sport springs & Adjutable Panhard, Koni STR-T Struts/Shocks, GT500 Strut mounts, J&M rear LCA, Whiteline relocation brackets, UMI Sub-Frame connectors, Saleen short shift, NXT Hood struts, MMD Painted Retro mirrors, CDC Chin spoiler, GT 500 rear spoiler, DG painted louvers, Raptor Shift lite, Corbeau Harness bar, Raxiom Gen 5 taillights
dcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:23 AM   #9755
tigerhonaker
aka "Terry"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcard View Post
Terry, I knew you would have to punch it. But a Pickup truck. haha. Bet it felt good. Nice picls of the car show. That looks like one wild Black mustang. Keep a light foot buddy.
Hey Dale,

That's not the 1st time for me to "Punch-it" or as some say, Mat-it or Floor-it.

Those guys in that pick-up were having the time of their lives buddy.
It was fun just to make a pass and see those younger guys having so much fun.

If this coming Saturday has a good forecast weather wise the exotics will be at the Cruise-in also.
They come the 1st Saturday of each month.

You know the more I see and drive my Bullitt Mustang that I along with the Brenspeed Crew thought up the better I like it.
Seriously, there is not anything at all wrong with a Stock Bullitt Mustang.
There is nothing at all wrong with having a Stock Bullitt Mustang sitting on Jack-Stands in the garage with a car cover on it.
People spend their dollars and In-My-Honest-Opinion should do exactly with their Mustangs as they see fit.

With that being said above brings me right back to me and my Bullitt Mustang.
I would be Bored-Beyond-Belief if mine was still Stock in all respects.
In fact Dale I can say the next thing with all sincerity.
I would have Dumped it years ago if I had kept it Stock.
More than likely I would be driving a New Dodge "Hellcat" Challenger or Charger.
That's just as simple as I know how to say it regarding Stock Bullitt Mustangs.
They are Boring to a guy like me that grew up in the Mid 60's and 70's Muscle-Car-Era.
I don't think I knew anyone back then that had a Stock anything.
So when I now open the door and go out into my garage and see what's sitting there in the Highly-Modified-Bullitt-Mustang it just simply {Makes-My-Day} Special.
I could sit here and go on and on as to why mine is so special but anyone that has followed it since back in 2008 already knows.
No-Sense in boring guys with rehashing what they already know now is it.

But I will say this.
Any true Car-Guy that would see my Bullitt Mustang in person and hear it fire-Up plus Take-a-Ride in it that would not be impressed is NOT-A-Car-Guy !!!

There might just be another small change/modification coming ............

"The Tiger Machine"

Brenspeed B-302
Stroker Engine.

Old 09-01-2015, 10:59 AM   #9756
4thGear
aka "Jim"

BullittHead

Quote:
...a guy like me that grew up in the Mid 60's and 70's Muscle-Car-Era.
Entertaining post, Terry! I have not followed your Bullitt-grail quest since it began, but I have followed it with interest since becoming an IMBOC member. I particularly chuckled about the excerpt from your post above. My 64 Ford Falcon Futura with its 170 CI six and three on the tree was no muscle car, but I remember wishing that it was! I remember my mods well: about ten pounds of Bondo; spot repainting from spray cans; new steering column shifter collar to replace the one I broke; at least three clutches; and transmission repair for the first gear that I broke!

My Bullitt is unmodified and will probably remain so. Whenever I spend on my car interests eldest son remarks to the grandkids that "grandpa is blowing your college fund!" (nothing worse than a snot-nosed near forty year old kid) Of course there is also the fact that my B is probably all the sports car I should be driving at my age! I think that it was Dirty Harry that said "A man has to know his limits"!

Jim
Proud content owner of unmodified #5039
4thGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 03:12 PM   #9757
tigerhonaker
aka "Terry"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGear View Post
Entertaining post, Terry! I have not followed your Bullitt-grail quest since it began, but I have followed it with interest since becoming an IMBOC member. I particularly chuckled about the excerpt from your post above. My 64 Ford Falcon Futura with its 170 CI six and three on the tree was no muscle car, but I remember wishing that it was! I remember my mods well: about ten pounds of Bondo; spot repainting from spray cans; new steering column shifter collar to replace the one I broke; at least three clutches; and transmission repair for the first gear that I broke!

My Bullitt is unmodified and will probably remain so. Whenever I spend on my car interests eldest son remarks to the grandkids that "grandpa is blowing your college fund!" (nothing worse than a snot-nosed near forty year old kid) Of course there is also the fact that my B is probably all the sports car I should be driving at my age! I think that it was Dirty Harry that said "A man has to know his limits"!

Jim
Hi Jim,

You have such a way with words buddy.

Luv your post and especially the part about the early years and what your mods were back then, priceless.

Hey you know what I have heard some of my buddies tell their (Older-Kids) when the same sort of comments came out of their mouths.

You all can do just like I did ......................

Go to Work and don't depend on me and what I leave you as I intend on Spending as close to all of it as I possibly can.

And in my case Cathy & I don't have children so we are doing anything and everything we want with the little tiny amount of dollars we have.

LOL,
Terry

"The Tiger Machine"

Brenspeed B-302
Stroker Engine.

Old 09-01-2015, 03:42 PM   #9758
dcard
aka "Dale"

Monster BullittHead

"put the petal to the metal", haha, I can picture the guys in the pick up. Back when I had the 2002 Camaro Z28 , mildly modified, an old van, and some kids in it pulled up along side and yelling. At the stop light I did the same as you. lit up the tires, released the brakes and fishtailed across the intersection. Miss that car, but Camaro's are jinxed with me. Always something goes wrong. Rear seal at 4000, Rotors at 8000, and finally reverse gear in an Automatic at 12'000. That's when I dumped it.

My problem is I find it hard to Keep a car for any length of time. Other than the 84 Tbird I sold in 2001, and Now the 97 Tbird I still own. Even those 2 were slightly modified, intakes & exhaust. My Average ownership is 18 months. But you know my love was Bikes. Even those were modified. Faster than a speeding bullitt...no pun intended.

Not sure about the Hellcats. Think I would rather have an SRT8 or even an R/T and S/C and cam it. Surprise the hell out of the Hellcat guy. haha

As for ownership, If guy wants to buy a car, wrap it in bubble wrap and store it, that's fine with me. his car his choice. That's what makes the world go round. I may be Bias as I am living in a GM town and drive a Ford Mustang. Challenges are always just up the street. I've taken to driving the small bypass county road. instead of the main drag. At least until I get the Paxton & cam get installed.

BUT, I would never call someone crazy who wants to take a brand new Corvette, Z06 drive it to a shop and have them completely tear it down and rebuild & repaint the car to what the owner wants. Anyone who does is narrow minded in his thoughts. But at the same time, I do think that is a little overboard. Someone who has more money than brains.????? Still, If everyone thought the same we would still be riding horses. It was the hot rodders of the 40's & 50's that changed the way Detroit thought about cars.
Heck Terry, I was impressed when I first drove the Bullitt. and that was after driving down and trading my Hot C5. on it. Even they thought I was nuts. Maybe we are! Maybe I'll get down that way one day.But be forewarned, I hate being a passenger.
BBK 62mm TB, Headers, 4.10's, Steeda UDP's, Borla T, BAMA tune, Steeda sport springs & Adjutable Panhard, Koni STR-T Struts/Shocks, GT500 Strut mounts, J&M rear LCA, Whiteline relocation brackets, UMI Sub-Frame connectors, Saleen short shift, NXT Hood struts, MMD Painted Retro mirrors, CDC Chin spoiler, GT 500 rear spoiler, DG painted louvers, Raptor Shift lite, Corbeau Harness bar, Raxiom Gen 5 taillights
Old 09-01-2015, 07:08 PM   #9759
Dodging Bullitt
aka "Al"

Monster BullittHead

Quote:
Hey Dale,

That's not the 1st time for me to "Punch-it" or as some say, Mat-it or Floor-it.

Those guys in that pick-up were having the time of their lives buddy.
It was fun just to make a pass and see those younger guys having so much fun.

If this coming Saturday has a good forecast weather wise the exotics will be at the Cruise-in also.
They come the 1st Saturday of each month.

You know the more I see and drive my Bullitt Mustang that I along with the Brenspeed Crew thought up the better I like it.
Seriously, there is not anything at all wrong with a Stock Bullitt Mustang.
There is nothing at all wrong with having a Stock Bullitt Mustang sitting on Jack-Stands in the garage with a car cover on it.
People spend their dollars and In-My-Honest-Opinion should do exactly with their Mustangs as they see fit.

With that being said above brings me right back to me and my Bullitt Mustang.
I would be Bored-Beyond-Belief if mine was still Stock in all respects.
In fact Dale I can say the next thing with all sincerity.
I would have Dumped it years ago if I had kept it Stock.
More than likely I would be driving a New Dodge "Hellcat" Challenger or Charger.
That's just as simple as I know how to say it regarding Stock Bullitt Mustangs.
They are Boring to a guy like me that grew up in the Mid 60's and 70's Muscle-Car-Era.
So when I now open the door and go out into my garage and see what's sitting there in the Highly-Modified-Bullitt-Mustang it just simply {Makes-My-Day} Special.
I could sit here and go on and on as to why mine is so special but anyone that has followed it since back in 2008 already knows.
No-Sense in boring guys with rehashing what they already know now is it.

But I will say this.
Any true Car-Guy that would see my Bullitt Mustang in person and hear it fire-Up plus Take-a-Ride in it that would not be impressed is NOT-A-Car-Guy !!!

There might just be another small change/modification coming ............

Yep - I am one of those old time IMBOCers who has been following your thread since 2008. And I remember your first mods - the Brenspeed tune and the front grill honeycomb insert. Just don't ask me to name all your mods since then.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:12 PM   #9760
tigerhonaker
aka "Terry"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcard View Post
"put the petal to the metal", haha, I can picture the guys in the pick up. Back when I had the 2002 Camaro Z28 , mildly modified, an old van, and some kids in it pulled up along side and yelling. At the stop light I did the same as you. lit up the tires, released the brakes and fishtailed across the intersection. Miss that car, but Camaro's are jinxed with me. Always something goes wrong. Rear seal at 4000, Rotors at 8000, and finally reverse gear in an Automatic at 12'000. That's when I dumped it.

My problem is I find it hard to Keep a car for any length of time. Other than the 84 Tbird I sold in 2001, and Now the 97 Tbird I still own. Even those 2 were slightly modified, intakes & exhaust. My Average ownership is 18 months. But you know my love was Bikes. Even those were modified. Faster than a speeding bullitt...no pun intended.

Not sure about the Hellcats. Think I would rather have an SRT8 or even an R/T and S/C and cam it. Surprise the hell out of the Hellcat guy. haha

As for ownership, If guy wants to buy a car, wrap it in bubble wrap and store it, that's fine with me. his car his choice. That's what makes the world go round. I may be Bias as I am living in a GM town and drive a Ford Mustang. Challenges are always just up the street. I've taken to driving the small bypass county road. instead of the main drag. At least until I get the Paxton & cam get installed.

BUT, I would never call someone crazy who wants to take a brand new Corvette, Z06 drive it to a shop and have them completely tear it down and rebuild & repaint the car to what the owner wants. Anyone who does is narrow minded in his thoughts. But at the same time, I do think that is a little overboard. Someone who has more money than brains.????? Still, If everyone thought the same we would still be riding horses. It was the hot rodders of the 40's & 50's that changed the way Detroit thought about cars.
Heck Terry, I was impressed when I first drove the Bullitt. and that was after driving down and trading my Hot C5. on it. Even they thought I was nuts. Maybe we are! Maybe I'll get down that way one day.But be forewarned, I hate being a passenger.
Dale,

I read your post twice on here and once the 1st time in my E-Mail notice.

Nice post buddy and I do follow you on your thoughts.

If you come down maybe you won't have to be a passenger, maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodging Bullitt View Post
Yep - I am one of those old time IMBOCers who has been following your thread since 2008. And I remember your first mods - the Brenspeed tune and the front grill honeycomb insert. Just don't ask me to name all your mods since then.
Al,

LOL !!!

I don't think you or me could simply sit and name all the changes to mine since and including back in 2008 buddy.

There is one thing I can say regarding mine and it's seemingly on going year after year Changes/Modifications.

I LUV every minute of it !!!

"The Tiger Machine"

Brenspeed B-302
Stroker Engine.

Old Yesterday, 01:38 PM   #9761
tigerhonaker
aka "Terry"

Talking Cars and Coffee tomorrow morning here at Cool Springs ...

Hello gang,

Tomorrow is the 1st Saturday of September so the Exotics will be at Cars and Coffee in the morning.

For anyone liking Super High Dollar exotic cars it would be the place to be.
There are all makes of them that come to Cars and Coffee at Cool Springs where the Theaters are located..

There will be around maybe 400 cars tomorrow.
Rain chance is only 3% so everyone will be bringing their Machines out.

I just got finished Detailing mine.
I put another maybe 200 miles on it since last Saturday when Tim and I attended Cars and Coffee.
So it needed some luv and attention !!!
Looks pretty darn good to me now that I finished it.

"The Tiger Machine"

Brenspeed B-302
Stroker Engine.

Last edited by tigerhonaker; Yesterday at 01:45 PM.
Old Yesterday, 02:30 PM   #9762
dcard
aka "Dale"

Monster BullittHead

Damn, Terry, I just spent 2 1/2 hours washing mine and putting a coat of wax on the hood & fenders, and roof. was going to finish the rest tomorrow. too darn hot out there and I'm getting too old for this stuff. Man yours look so darn good. you do great work. Hope the weather stays good for tomorrow. Now after seeing yours I'll have to go out this evening and finish off the doors & quarter panels. Good luck at the show.