Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Battery ???

5K views 46 replies 9 participants last post by  tigerhonaker 
#1 ·
Further update. I think the ole Battery has had it. But not sure. 28 deg out this morning and she fired right up, as soon as I turned the key.
Showed 12.6 V on the meter. So I De-tuned it from Race to Performance. as suggested by a friend who had similar problems with his tuned Vette. When fished with the tune, I turned the key it cranked for about 5 to 8 sec and died. seems to have a good crank to start off, , but only for a few sec before it Faded & died. .
Is it possible the battery can hold 12 V's and still have a cranking problem ?? The Battery is rated at 500 cranking. But maybe needs more cranking power in the cold with the mods & tune.
Hate when this happens on a week end. Going to take it in tomorrow and have the system checked. Make a few phone calls, Then decide a new Motorcraft Battery or a Optima Red top with more cranking power

#45 ·
got mine for 172 bucks no core change, frdom Steve who sent me this post.

Dale

I just purchased a battery for GF's car at Advance Auto. You can find a coupon code online for either a % off the price or up to $50.00

look here:
http://www.offers.com/advance-autopa...00z1a&source=s

Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.