Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

fuel filter

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  nelsonbullitt 
#1 ·
Changed the fuel filter on my Bullitt today at 38000 miles. The quick connect fittings were easy to work with.

I drained the filter from the inlet side and the fuel that drained out was really filthy

Anyone else see something similar

#2 ·
Mine came out clear, but I bought my B certified pre-owned, so I believe it may have been changed before I bought the car, but wanted to be sure for piece of mind. That said a friends car was surging and losing power a little higher in the RPM range (2007 GT) and it turned out his fuel filter was FILTHY haha. I could be wrong here but I think its recommended to change every 15,000 (or 30k I forget).

#3 ·
dancad said:
Changed the fuel filter on my Bullitt today at 38000 miles. The quick connect fittings were easy to work with.

I drained the filter from the inlet side and the fuel that drained out was really filthy

Bought my B w/ 42k and changed the fuel filter at about 60k. Draining it backwards showed it was doing its job. Lot of crap in there....

#4 ·
dancad said:

I have mine changed at least once a year at either BRENSPEED or a Tech at the Acura Dealer I last worked for.

It is an item that is easily overlooked but important.

Terry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.