Bob's PIAA Stealth Driving Lights 08 Bullitt - IMBOC
IMBOC is proud to partner with Ford Racing

Welcome to the IMBOC forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. If you become a Supporting Member, you will have access to custom avatars, uploading images, personalized Garage listings, a special forum, and more. IMBOC.com is almost entirely user funded, so Supporting Memberships keeps IMBOC running! Registration is fast and simple, and basic membership is absolutely free! So please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us, but please read all of the IMBOC Frequently Asked Questions section first.
Become a Supporting Member. Find Out How!

Old 08-14-2010, 02:13 PM   #1
Jimbob

GONE TO PLAID!

Cool Bob's PIAA Stealth Driving Lights 08 Bullitt

Here is a walk-through of Bob's Stealth Driving Light install.

Probably the best thing I can do is NUMBER each photo. That way, you can direct your comments/questions to a particular number, then Bob can respond to what you're saying/asking.

This one doesn't need a number. It's obviously the wizard's workshop.
Bob14

No. 1
Bob4

No. 2
Bob9

No. 3
Bob5

No. 4
Bob10

No. 5
Bob11

No. 6
Bob1

No. 7
Bob2

No. 8
Bob16

No. 9
Bob15

No. 10
Bob17

No. 11
Bob7

No. 12
Bob6

No. 13
Bob3

No. 14
Bob8

No. 15
Bob12

No. 16
Bob13

Last edited by Jimbob; 08-14-2010 at 11:17 PM.
Jimbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2010, 02:27 PM   #2
BullittSS

Monster BullittHead

Thumbs up

Jim/Bob -- thanks for the details -- I'm pretty sure that I'm going to do this mod. I've got smoked headlight covers and these PIAA lamps will really help...
Old 08-14-2010, 02:30 PM   #3
bobnixon
Supporting Member

fellows i want thu thank my yankee budy way up in ohio the one un only(JIMBO)for doing this thread,i can doit all but cant do thu pics.
this project was ongoing for 8 mo.i ruined 2 lower grills,broke 5 drill bits,un nearly pulled my hair out,when allalong the solution was looking rite atme.was out of other options.the silver horse racing splitter was the answer,with objects to over come.the lights turned out a lot better than expected,great road lights.they haft to be on or ya dont see them.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:01 PM   #4
Big Stig
Lifetime Supporting Member

Pretty cool Bobby. How does it switch on and off? Do you have a toggle switch under the dash? I spoke to a guy last week about installing the fog kit in this Steeda fascia (as well as the brake cooling duct kit) and he recommended installing a rocker or toggle switch under the dash and running it off an auxiliary circuit so it can be easily converted back to stock. The way Tiger had his installed was a little more intensive and permanent.

2012 GT Premium/Yellow Blaze-Black Int./401A Premier Trim/Brembo Package/3.73 Axle
Mods: FRPP Power Pack (428 HP/397 ft-lbs, K&N Filter, GT500 Mufflers), FRPP short throw shifter, FRPP Performance Info Center gauge in Roush vent pod, Boss 302S grille, Boss 302 flat black body trim with fog lamps, custom lower grille, black fender badges, black decklid panel with tri-bar pony, flat black mirror caps and tail light trim.

Last edited by Big Stig; 08-14-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Big Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:50 PM   #5
bobnixon
Supporting Member

ken first of all ya sure got a sharp looking stang.
with the piaa kit comes everthing ya need,ya get a small micro switch that is so small un lite it will stick anywhere ya wantit.mine is about 12 in below the st wheel, on thu steering colum,and indepant of low or high beam,usem when ya want to.
they strong so ya gota keepem low.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:45 PM   #6
Big Stig

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnixon
ken first of all ya sure got a sharp looking stang.
with the piaa kit comes everthing ya need,ya get a small micro switch that is so small un lite it will stick anywhere ya wantit.mine is about 12 in below the st wheel, on thu steering colum,and indepant of low or high beam,usem when ya want to.
they strong so ya gota keepem low.

Thanks Bobby. I like a lot of the changes you have done to yours. Mine is still stock, but I think this Steeda fascia will be a subtle but sharp looking change. I'm not sure how strong the Steeda fog lamps are but they usually make quality stuff.

2012 GT Premium/Yellow Blaze-Black Int./401A Premier Trim/Brembo Package/3.73 Axle
Mods: FRPP Power Pack (428 HP/397 ft-lbs, K&N Filter, GT500 Mufflers), FRPP short throw shifter, FRPP Performance Info Center gauge in Roush vent pod, Boss 302S grille, Boss 302 flat black body trim with fog lamps, custom lower grille, black fender badges, black decklid panel with tri-bar pony, flat black mirror caps and tail light trim.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:16 PM   #7
bobnixon
Supporting Member

fellows just bringing this thread back one time,then its onits on.this is not just fog lites like on thu gt,but long range driving lites.maby ya needem or wantem ur maby not.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:16 PM   #8
j0eyabs

Monster BullittHead

Would someone be able to install a GT headlight switch and use the foglight function on it to turn on these driving lights?
j0eyabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 06:27 PM   #9
Big Stig

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0eyabs
Would someone be able to install a GT headlight switch and use the foglight function on it to turn on these driving lights?
Tigerhonaker did that with his. See this post:

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showpost...postcount=1568

Old 08-15-2010, 06:41 PM   #10
Jimbob

GONE TO PLAID!

Bob has a long history of installing stealth driving lights. Here's a pic of his very first install.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:15 PM   #11
bobnixon
Supporting Member

mike i would say that could be done,hookem up to the gt switch.but but there would be no need to do that thu switch is bout $60.00.
the piaa lights i have came with everthing ya need.the switch is one of the best things about them.its a very small micro switch bout size ya thumb nail.will stick anywhere ya wantit.mine is bout 12"below st. wheel on st.colim.that way they are indipendant of high or low beam.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:02 PM   #12
Jimbob

GONE TO PLAID!

hmmm...

Old 08-15-2010, 10:47 PM   #13
bobnixon
Supporting Member

jimbo my first install was a sucess on thu lasalle,un i coulda gota patton onem but ford stoldit un puttem on their gt.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:09 AM   #14
Jimbob

GONE TO PLAID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnixon
jimbo my first install was a sucess on thu lasalle,un i coulda gota patent on em but ford stold it un put em on their gt.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:29 AM   #15
first ford

You Broke the Server!

Bobby, They look great very ingenious installation still very low key the way i like em.Nice job.
Vortech V-7 YSI ,Kooks LT W/ H pipe, 62 Mil TB, 3.5"Dynotech shaft, Steeda swaybar & end links,SLP exhaust, T56 magnum 6spd trans,Mcleod clutch ,steeda lca BMR uca,FRPP axle girdle , Koni yellows, Moser axles,UMI pan hard bar,SLP line lock, boost gauge, wideband ,BMR relocation brackets,B 302 stroker,SHR louvers,Steeda torque boxs,Prothane motor mounts,CHE torque limiter,Raptor shift light, Baer Decelarotors, Nitto NT05 295/45/18 out back, torq thrust wheels, Comp cams,MRT Custom shift knob,MRT Bullitt hood 682 RWHP/577T /2014 GHIG GT lightly modded .. so far
first ford is offline   Reply With Quote