New to me F-150 tune up info needed. - IMBOC
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By JackDW - 852
  • 1 Post By Deuce

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

You Broke the Server!

Location: The RGV. Home of the ORIGINAL primitive screwheads.
Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 02429
New to me F-150 tune up info needed.

I bought a 2002 F-150 Crew Cab a few weeks ago. It was a farm truck before I got it. I think I've washed off and or vacuumed out a couple acres of South Texas dirt from it.

It has a slight misfire at idle that I've been working on. I changed the IAC valve, fuel filter and I am in the process of changing the C.O.P.S. and plugs. The 4 plugs I already changed looked good. It's a 4.6 with a little over 133,000 on it. If what I'm doing now doesn't get rid of the misfire, I'm thinking new MAF and maybe the EGR valve. Any other suggestions?

2001 DHG Bullitt. Bought new on 9-29-01. 4.10 gears, drilled and slotted rotors. 9" front and 10.5 rear black Bullitt rims. GT fog lights and Mach 1 chin spoiler. SR lowering springs, JLT Ram Air, Webtronics sequentials, MRT hood struts, MSD c.o.p.s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 10:52 AM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 4404
When you do the spark plugs, check their colour. If any are dark or sooty, you may have a bad coil which is common on 4.6/5.4's. Clean the MAF carefully, and pull the EGR and look at it for crusty carbon, which you can clean. You can apply vacumn to see if it's working. Good luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 10:58 AM

PY-Like BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: HG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 0852
Best to use factory plugs and coils. Some aftermarket just do not seem to play real well with the 4.6s. May cost a little more but worth it in the end.
bullit4404 likes this.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

You Broke the Server!

Location: The RGV. Home of the ORIGINAL primitive screwheads.
Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 02429
I've done 6 of the 8 plugs. All look to be in range. Motorcraft plugs and C.O.P.S., so that leads me to believe they were never changed. I broke off a stud holding one C.O.P. down, and that sucks, but I did a workaround, and it should be okay.

Thanks!
bullit4404 likes this.

2001 DHG Bullitt. Bought new on 9-29-01. 4.10 gears, drilled and slotted rotors. 9" front and 10.5 rear black Bullitt rims. GT fog lights and Mach 1 chin spoiler. SR lowering springs, JLT Ram Air, Webtronics sequentials, MRT hood struts, MSD c.o.p.s

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode