LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 4072
Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Wax
There's a new generation of quick, spray-on waxes/sealants out there so I figured I'd give them a whirl due to their ease of application. The wife's Accord was dirty so her car was going to be the guinea pig for product testing. The car got a good bath, followed by a pass w/the Eagle One Prep Mitt to remove surface contaminants, and then the Sio2 coating.

I looked at 2 products: Meguire's Hybrid Ceramic Wax (https://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-hy...ramic-wax.html) and McKee's 37 Hydro Blue Sio2 Coating (https://www.mckees37.com/hydro-blue-coating.html). I really like the McKee's products but got a truly sweet deal (w/a rebate too!) on the Meguire's stuff, so that won.

The stuff is really simple to use- spray it on the wet car & hose it off. Except I read the instructions wrong. On first time use, Meguire's recommends you wipe off instead of rinse off. On repeat applications, you can just rinse off & dry the car.

Even w/the goof, the water was instantly beading and the paint was glossy smooth to the touch. No idea about durability yet but it certainly was easy to apply and appears to do what it claims to do. I'll report back later on other issues & how long it lasts.
FarmerDon and bullit4404 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 11:27 AM

PY-Like BullittHead

Bullitt Color: HG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 0852
Thanks Lee, I will look forward to your feedback.

I have been watching that product with interest. It just seems too easy to get Ceramic like protection. I realize that it is not true Ceramic coating but, that is what I was curious about, how close does this come? Seems to be mixed reviews online.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Monster BullittHead

I agree- too simple to work, right? And yet, the shine is definitely there (w/no effort, I might add) and the beading is amazing. It's raining here today and the wife was out & about in the car. When she came back, the water was beaded all over the car and the shine was coming through- pretty amazing, if you ask me, and again, I applied the first 'coat' improperly so it'll be more interesting to see what happens when I do so properly. According to the directions, it's even supposed to be applied to the wheels and brake dust is supposed to rinse off.
Lee

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 04:17 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Serialized Number: 01625
Garage
Thanks for doing the product testing. Since I live just minutes from both McKee's and Autogeek, I'll be taking a ride over to get one of the aforementioned products. Thanks again spectreman.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Monster BullittHead

Dude, I'm closer than you are! I'm in your neighboring community across 'the bridge.' Haven't seen you show up at any of the Autogeek's monthly car shows!
Lee
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 05:13 PM

Garage
My Bullitt has been a work in process for a while so I haven't been to a "cars and coffee" out there in several years. I go to the Lowe's show on Tuesdays across "the bridge" sans the Bullitt to visit with car friends I've met over the years. Would like to see you there sometime. Wayne
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Monster BullittHead

I haven't been to a Tuesday night show in a couple years. Too much work to get there after a long day at work!

The Autogeek show is monthly, second Saturday of every month. It's been held at the Elliot Museum on the beach for the past 2 years or so. Construction down on Jack James drove the car show out of there- not enough space. It's a very nice show, very brief- 8-10a, and we generally get a good showing and mix of cars, around 80-125 cars, often w/Velocity (now MotorTrend) stars showing up. Most recent was Ray Everham.

You've probably seen me around town- only 2 white w/blue striped S197 ('07-09) Gen GT500's around the Treasure Coast, mine and my buddy's Dennis.
Lee
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 08:08 PM

Garage
The last cars and coffee I attended was at the Elliot a couple of years ago, and I didn't realize that Autogeek had moved it's event there on a monthly basis. I'll try to get there soon. I don't spend a lot of time around town, so I don't recall seeing your S197, but I'll keep an eye out for it. If you see a DHG Bullitt with an 01 cobra bumper around town, that is most likely 01625. I'm doing a lot of upgrades (new trans, clutch, flywheel, rear gears, K-member and headers, among other things), so it may be several months before I'm back on the street with it. Enjoy the ride. W
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

Monster BullittHead

No Autogeek car show in April due to another event down in PBC. Back in May.

If you need a good shop for repairs, might I recommend Hardcore Auto-Motive Repair in Stuart? The gents there have done some great work on my GT500. The owner, Tom, is a Mustang fan and has been building race engines for Mustangs for some time. He came recommended to me by a neighbor & I've got nothing but good to say about his work.

https://www.facebook.com/Hardcoreaut...04645986455148
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 05:52 PM

Garage
Thanks, I have a couple of shops that I like, but I'll check Hardcore out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode