Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

2013 Texas Bullitt / Mach 1 Shootout

23K views 305 replies 36 participants last post by  chrisW 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Heads up boys and girls. It's now official.

The 2013 Texas Bullitt / Mach 1 Shootout is on.

When: April 19-21, 2013
Where: Crandall, Texas (SE of DFW near Kaufman)

Register Here!! http://www.eventbrite.com/event/5121604858

Tentative Activities:

Friday April 19th:
Registration and parking lot party

Saturday April 20th:
Drag racing at Dallas Raceway http://www.dallasraceway.com/site/contact
Car show (location TBA)
Awards and parking lot party

Sunday April 21st:
Breakfast and goodbyes

Hotel:
TBA (look for a separate Hotel thread soon)

A registration link will be provided later.

This event benefits the Boys Republic www.boysrepublic.org

DO IT FOR THE KIDS!!!

See less See more
#14 ·
Do we have any info on the racing program? Will the classes be split up as they have at past events, or will there be changes this year? As much as I would rather drive the car, I'm going to be trailering it down in race trim this year. It sucked sitting back watching everybody else race their cars from the bleachers last time.

#15 ·
itsabullitt said:
Do we have any info on the racing program? Will the classes be split up as they have at past events, or will there be changes this year? As much as I would rather drive the car, I'm going to be trailering it down in race trim this year. It sucked sitting back watching everybody else race their cars from the bleachers last time.
Garrett,

Why not just drive it to the TX. Shootout and run it as you drive it daily.

Just a thought ........

Terry

#16 ·
Hey Terry,

I'm looking for a new personal best out of my car. I did some suspension work last year and never got a chance to get to the track with the car. My only runs were at the Nationals with my street tires. In case this is my only trip down the strip this year, I want to have the slicks and skinnies on as I've been trying for my first 12 second pass since 2011.

#18 ·
Droopy said:
Same as before Garrettt. See below.

• True Street - 13.5 and up DRs and ET tires are allowed. Must be DOT approved. No slicks
• Super Street - 13.4 and faster - N/A modifications and nitrous, any tire combo - no power adders i.e. superchargers or Turbos.
• Bad to the Bone - 11.99 and faster - Power adder allowed
Thanks Greg!!! I guess I thought spraying put you in the bad to the bone class previously. May have to go get me one or two of them blue bottles now :lol:

#19 ·
itsabullitt said:
Hey Terry,

I'm looking for a new personal best out of my car. I did some suspension work last year and never got a chance to get to the track with the car. My only runs were at the Nationals with my street tires. In case this is my only trip down the strip this year, I want to have the slicks and skinnies on as I've been trying for my first 12 second pass since 2011.
Garrett,

That makes perfect sense.

That is why mine was ran with that set-up a few yrs. back.

Now I just run it as I drive it.

Good-Luck with your 1/4 times !!!

Terry

#20 ·
Droopy said:
Same as before Garrettt. See below.

• True Street - 13.5 and up DRs and ET tires are allowed. Must be DOT approved. No slicks
• Super Street - 13.4 and faster - N/A modifications and nitrous, any tire combo - no power adders i.e. superchargers or Turbos.
• Bad to the Bone - 11.99 and faster - Power adder allowed
Greg,

Are the above for 2001/2008 & 2009 Bullitt Mustangs bunched together including the Mach-1's ?

Or are there separate classes for the 2001 and then the 2008/2009 Bullitt Mustangs?

And separate for the Mach-1 Mustangs ?

Just wondering how it is broke down for the different yrs. and different make Mustangs?

Terry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.