Bullitt Owners at Somerset Nites Cruise (Aug 23/24, 2019) - Page 3 - IMBOC
View Poll Results: Indicate Your Plans (Choose Multiple Options)
Attending Friday night dinner 4 50.00%
Attending Saturday cruise-in 5 62.50%
Might attend Friday night dinner 1 12.50%
Might attend Saturday cruise-in 2 25.00%
Regretfully can't attend 1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 06:27 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 01625
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonReam View Post
Fair enough...
Don't do facebook, twitter, and would like to have a viable search engine option instead of google. I don't like any of them, not because I'm an old dog, but because I don't like my every internet move monitored by biased organizations. I'll let you figure out which direction they lean.
VIC-TIM, Jimbob and FarmerDon like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 08:46 AM

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: Former Owner
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1917
I don't like it because I've read George Orwell's "1984" and Alvin Tofler's "Future Shock," and they sit on my shelf right along with the Ho!y Bible. (Not to mention Kurt Vonnegut's "Welcome to the Monkey House.")

THE ETERNAL COW

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." --Yogi Berra
post #33 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 08:49 AM
2009 Owner

Bullitt Year: 09
Bullitt Color: HG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6283
To go back in a direction somewhat towards a previous question.....

The days of Forums such as this one are numbered. People have lost interest in Forums and have moved to newer platforms. We have all seen the falloff of activity the last couple years.

Facebook has made it extremely easy to put our daily activities out there in front of everyone. Take some pictures with your phone, poke the screen a couple times with your finger, and Blammo they're up for the world to see.

I'm not promoting the use of Facebook or trying to advance any agenda. I'm just saying where a great many Bullitt owners are now posting their pictures.

post #34 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 08:57 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by waycad View Post
Don't do facebook, twitter, and would like to have a viable search engine option instead of google. I don't like any of them, not because I'm an old dog, but because I don't like my every internet move monitored by biased organizations. I'll let you figure out which direction they lean.
Right! (Um, I mean left).
VIC-TIM likes this.

THE ETERNAL COW

post #35 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Bullitt Color: B
Bullitt Serialized Number: 01118
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIC-TIM View Post
I don't have facebook or any other social media. I just figured that bullitt people on a bullitt site would post up some pics in the bullitt thread about the event.

I have a number of them. Will post soon, along with some others I've seen and downloaded. I still like the forum!
VIC-TIM, Jimbob, FarmerDon and 1 others like this.

Tony Alonso
2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt - black, #1118, VIN 1FAFP42X21F213026
2009 Ford Mustang Bullitt - highland green, #6323, VIN 1ZVHT82H995129122
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt - dark highland green, K1254, VIN 1FA6P8K06K5500726
post #36 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 09:08 AM

Wink

Quote:

The days of Forums such as this one are numbered. People have lost interest in Forums and have moved to newer platforms. We have all seen the falloff of activity the last couple years.

Facebook has made it extremely easy to put our daily activities out there in front of everyone. Take some pictures with your phone, poke the screen a couple times with your finger, and Blammo they're up for the world to see.

I'm not promoting the use of Facebook or trying to advance any agenda. I'm just saying where a great many Bullitt owners are now posting their pictures.

Well, since my time on this Earth is rapidly drawing to a close, I'll just sit back and let the wbippersnappers frolic with all their high tech gadgetry. I can always go fishing. Or hunting. Or a long walk in the woods. Or, just sit and whittle with one of my new pocket knifes.

THE ETERNAL COW

post #37 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Bullitt Color: B
Bullitt Serialized Number: 01118
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbob View Post
Well, since my time on this Earth is rapidly drawing to a close, I'll just sit back and let the wbippersnappers frolic with all their high tech gadgetry. I can always go fishing. Or hunting. Or a long walk in the woods. Or, just sit and whittle with one of my new pocket knifes.

Hey, Mr. Low Tech - check back soon. I've got a bunch I just haven't posted yet!
VIC-TIM and FarmerDon like this.

Tony Alonso
2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt - black, #1118, VIN 1FAFP42X21F213026
2009 Ford Mustang Bullitt - highland green, #6323, VIN 1ZVHT82H995129122
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt - dark highland green, K1254, VIN 1FA6P8K06K5500726
post #38 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 09:15 AM
2009 Owner

Sure, there are people and organizations on the net who have agendas. There are many agendas. The primary agenda is Money.
No matter what the platform, your online activity is being monitored.

Yes, even on this forum.

It is certainly not unusual to search for something on the net, and then later see an ad for similar items.
post #39 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 10:48 AM

PY-Like BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 0852
I also don't do Facebook. I think I have a Twitter account that I used many years ago for a job hunt. Also have a LINKEDIN account that has not been updated in quite a while. Most likely will never be update again. I still get a lot if recruiting emails but they all just get ignored.

Heck, I have an old Samsung "smart" phone but it does not do very good when trying to access social media. I may need to replace that old phone soon (cracked screen, battery won't hold a charge and charger connection very loose (worn out)) but social media usage will be very low on my requirement (if there at all).

I do attempt to attend as many Bullitt and Hoondog events that I can but only if they have been posted on one of the old and outdated forum. If the event is only published on a social media, I would not know the event even exists.

THANKS to EVERYONE who continues to keep us "old timers" up to date on what is happening in the outside world.
FarmerDon and Marguerite like this.
post #40 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 10:51 AM

PY-Like BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 0852
Quote:
It is certainly not unusual to search for something on the net, and then later see an ad for similar items.
So since Jimbob posts those Kuties in his 50s thread, does he get ads from Kuties?
FarmerDon likes this.
post #41 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 11:46 AM
2009 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDW - 852 View Post
So since Jimbob posts those Kuties in his 50s thread, does he get ads from Kuties?

Methinks Ole Jimbob is holding out on us....
post #42 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 12:21 PM
Car Whisperer

Bullitt Year: No Bullitt
Bullitt Color: No Bullitt
Bullitt Serialized Number: 9999
Quote:

yes, the activity will fall off on here as long as everyone is sucked into thinking FB is better. those sites exist because this one did first.

how true, blammo....whatever you post up on FB is there for all the world to see....one of the problems, big problem, with social media. the ramifications of which you can see virtually daily in the news and in the courts. thanks for reminding me why I am not on there.
FarmerDon and waycad like this.

was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him had better take a closer look at the U.S. Native-American Indian."

post #43 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 12:22 PM
Car Whisperer

Quote:
Sure, there are people and organizations on the net who have agendas. There are many agendas. The primary agenda is Money.
No matter what the platform, your online activity is being monitored.

Yes, even on this forum.

...unless you use a browser that doesn't track. why I don't have anything to do with Google.

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him had better take a closer look at the U.S. Native-American Indian."

post #44 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 12:23 PM
Car Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Alonso View Post
Hey, Mr. Low Tech - check back soon. I've got a bunch I just haven't posted yet!

Thanks Tony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile 2:
FarmerDon likes this.

post #45 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 01:37 PM
2009 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIC-TIM View Post
....whatever you post up on FB is there for all the world to see....one of the problems, big problem, with social media......
The content on IMBOC is not isolated in some way.
Just now the IMBOC usage is showing 540 (12 members and 528 guests).
I resolved a bunch of the 'guest' IP addresses, and didn't find more than a couple IP address that could actually be a real person. The rest were automated bots and SEO (search engine optimization) tools.

Last edited by RonReam; 09-03-2019 at 02:34 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode