About the NewsBot - IMBOC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
This is not Facebook

Bullitt Year: No Bullitt
Bullitt Color: No Bullitt
Bullitt Serialized Number: 9999
Post About the NewsBot

These RSS news feeds come from various other sites (that I select) on the net. It will be a bit busy in the next day or so, as it catches up to the articles that are a bit older. Once that is done, it will post news articles as they are published.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 10:37 PM

Bullitt Color: Black
Bullitt Serialized Number: 03246
Garage
Thumbs up

sweet!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 06:59 AM

GONE TO PLAID!

Bullitt Color: 03 Cobra
Bullitt Serialized Number: 00000
very good

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 08:24 AM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 4003
I agree, this will be a very good feature.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'01 Bullitt 4003 - Dark Highland Green & '19 Bullitt K0013 - Dark Highland Green
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
This is not Facebook

Yeah, I think so. Once we get caught up on the feeds (he is SpamBot at the moment. ) it will be a nice add. I selected Mustang Monthly, Ford, Stangnet, and Autoweek. If anyone wants to suggest other RSS feeds, send them my way, and I will take a look.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
This is not Facebook

Lightbulb

I have NewsBot's EXTRA EXTRA! posts excluded from the Search Engine (for now.) I will add a "New Posts" button that excludes this forum, and Area 51, from the new posts menu item, but also have one that catches everything (so people can choose.)

Let's see if it works. It may still show up for Moderators and Founders.. but not show for everyone else.

Remember Wheaton's Law. Nicht die Regeln brechen und du wirst nicht in Schwierigkeiten zu bringen.

Last edited by B-Man; 02-28-2006 at 12:09 PM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
This is not Facebook

Lightbulb How to Exlude Forums from "New Posts" Link

If you want to prevent posts from this forum showing up in the "New Posts" link, go to User CP (User Control Panel) and select "Edit Options." Then go to the bottom of that screen, and select "EXTRA! EXTRA!" from the "Exclude Forums from 'Get New Posts'" section. You can select multiple forums, if you want to exclude other forums from the New Posts link.

Windows: Use Control-Click to select multiple forums to exclude.
Mac: Use Apple key to select multiple forums to exclude.
Linux: Use Control-Click to select multiple forums to exclude.

Then click "Save"

Exclude Forums from "Get New Posts" You can select certain Forums you do not want to appear when clicking Get New Posts

Remember Wheaton's Law. Nicht die Regeln brechen und du wirst nicht in Schwierigkeiten zu bringen.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 08:30 PM

You Broke the Server!

Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1543
Thumbs up

I think its pretty neat!

Mike
THE GEEZER.
KB Powered 417 rwhp 472ft lbs tq.

Gotta love the whine

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 03:45 AM

BullittHead

This is a pretty neat feature. Now I can get all my speed and car related info in one place.
Thanks
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 08:28 AM

PY-Like BullittHead

Bullitt Color: DHG
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man
These RSS news feeds come from various other sites (that I select) on the net. It will be a bit busy in the next day or so, as it catches up to the articles that are a bit older. Once that is done, it will post news articles as they are published.
It probably should have its own forum. Sometimes these feeds take over the "new posts" listing and we wind up with 5 or 6 pages of recent posts, which is really not the case.

Just a suggestion.

2679 is gone, but not forgotten

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
This is not Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinBullitt
It probably should have its own forum. Sometimes these feeds take over the "new posts" listing and we wind up with 5 or 6 pages of recent posts, which is really not the case.

Just a suggestion.
Bill,

It is already in its own forum area, but to prevent it from taking over new posts, you have to exclude it from the search. See the example above on how to exclude that forum only.

Last edited by B-Man; 01-08-2008 at 10:32 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode