2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

BullittHead

Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 00938
Question Subframe connectors

Hi,

Does the 2008/2009 Bullitt come with subframe connectors? Or maybe they are referred to as frame rail connectors(??).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 02:47 PM
Inactive

Bullitt Color: HG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 3423
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLP165
Hi,

Does the 2008/2009 Bullitt come with subframe connectors? Or maybe they are referred to as frame rail connectors(??).
Bill,

Here are some pictures of the bottom of mine.

tigerhonaker
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 02:54 PM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 5998
If you are talking about the type you welded onto the rear frame rails of the SN95's, no, these cars don't have those. The closest thing to that would be the torque box braces, Steeda sells them. I added some when I was upgrading my suspension. Very easy bolt on, 20 minutes tops.

Terry's car has more steel bracing than the Empire State Building. Necessary when you are trying to put that much power to the ground.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 04:13 PM
2009 Owner

Bullitt Year: 09
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6283
Lightbulb

The 08/09 Bullitts do not come with subframe connectors from the factory.
There are several aftermarket companies which make them, both weld-in and bolt-in types.

The S197 chassis is more inherently stiff than the previous design, and many owners don't bother to add stiffeners.

Although Terry's car has significant suspension alterations, subframe connectors are not part of his car.

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 01:31 AM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SpeedRon
The 08/09 Bullitts do not come with subframe connectors from the factory.
There are several aftermarket companies which make them, both weld-in and bolt-in types.

The S197 chassis is more inherently stiff than the previous design, and many owners don't bother to add stiffeners.

Although Terry's car has significant suspension alterations, subframe connectors are not part of his car.

Correct ^^^^^

tigerhonaker
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 07:36 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Serialized Number: 6230
They are not standard on 08 -09 but do make a huge difference. I have the BMR SFCs. Great mod and noticeable difference. My son had the Granatelli. I had my welded in and so did my son. No more body roll and much firmer planted ride. My sons felt even better because he was lowered and had upgraded springs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 08:15 PM

You Broke the Server!

Bullitt Serialized Number: 5971
Steeda frame / torque box stiffeners on mine no pics sorry top secret stuff going on under there.

Vortech V-7 YSI ,Kooks LT W/ H pipe, 62 Mil TB, 3.5"Dynotech shaft, Steeda swaybar & end links,SLP exhaust, T56 magnum 6spd trans,Mcleod clutch ,steeda lca BMR uca,FRPP axle girdle , Koni yellows, Moser axles,UMI pan hard bar,SLP line lock, boost gauge, wideband ,BMR relocation brackets,B 302 stroker,SHR louvers,Steeda torque boxs,Prothane motor mounts,CHE torque limiter,Raptor shift light, Baer Decelarotors, Nitto NT05 295/45/18 out back, torq thrust wheels, Comp cams,MRT Custom shift knob,cervini cobra R hood 682 RWHP/577T /2014 GHIG GT lightly modded .. so far
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 09:16 PM
2009 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by first ford
Steeda frame / torque box stiffeners on mine no pics sorry top secret stuff going on under there.
Understood, you can't give away all your secrets!!

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 09:58 PM
Inactive

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by first ford
This Post I can actually relate to very well.

tigerhonaker
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 08:45 AM
2009 Owner

Thumbs up This looks Interesting....

Steeda frame / torque box stiffeners.
Steeda p/n 555-5551

From the Steeda website:

"We spent countless hours fiquring out where the S197 Mustangs could benefit most from chassis stiffening. Here is the end result. There are several vendors out there treating your S197 like it was an old fox body, making large braces for areas that are not weak on your S197 and that add a lot of unnecessary weight.

We took a strategic approach with Steeda's 3-point torque box and frame rail braces. These braces are made from 4130 Chrome Moly material. This material is twice as strong as mild steel and half the weight of mild steel.

These braces are compact and light weight. They are much lighter than the unnecessary braces many competitors offer and specifically designed for the needs of the S197 Mustang. They tie together the inner/outer frame rails and the rear lower control arm mount. One of the few areas on the S197 that could use additional bracing.

Our braces are silver powdercoated and come with mounting hardware. They can be bolted with our supplied hardware or welded in place for maximum effectiveness. "

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 02:29 PM

Mega BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 6486
I've been looking at the Shelby/ BMR SFCs. I was also going to add the kmember and radiator support that keeps the sway bar, in order to cancel the weight of the SFCs (or at least shift it rearward).

Do the tubular k and radiator support add stiffness to the subframe as well, or are they just weight savings??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
'09 DHG #6486
Mods: "...all sorts of bolt-on doo-dads and braces, every ding-dong suspension part in the FRPP catalog."
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 04:34 PM
Inactive

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SpeedRon
Steeda frame / torque box stiffeners.
Steeda p/n 555-5551

From the Steeda website:

"We spent countless hours fiquring out where the S197 Mustangs could benefit most from chassis stiffening. Here is the end result. There are several vendors out there treating your S197 like it was an old fox body, making large braces for areas that are not weak on your S197 and that add a lot of unnecessary weight.

We took a strategic approach with Steeda's 3-point torque box and frame rail braces. These braces are made from 4130 Chrome Moly material. This material is twice as strong as mild steel and half the weight of mild steel.

These braces are compact and light weight. They are much lighter than the unnecessary braces many competitors offer and specifically designed for the needs of the S197 Mustang. They tie together the inner/outer frame rails and the rear lower control arm mount. One of the few areas on the S197 that could use additional bracing.

Our braces are silver powdercoated and come with mounting hardware. They can be bolted with our supplied hardware or welded in place for maximum effectiveness. "

I have seen these Ron.

Terry
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 06:02 PM

You Broke the Server!

Bullitt Serialized Number: 5971
they look oddly familiar

Vortech V-7 YSI ,Kooks LT W/ H pipe, 62 Mil TB, 3.5"Dynotech shaft, Steeda swaybar & end links,SLP exhaust, T56 magnum 6spd trans,Mcleod clutch ,steeda lca BMR uca,FRPP axle girdle , Koni yellows, Moser axles,UMI pan hard bar,SLP line lock, boost gauge, wideband ,BMR relocation brackets,B 302 stroker,SHR louvers,Steeda torque boxs,Prothane motor mounts,CHE torque limiter,Raptor shift light, Baer Decelarotors, Nitto NT05 295/45/18 out back, torq thrust wheels, Comp cams,MRT Custom shift knob,cervini cobra R hood 682 RWHP/577T /2014 GHIG GT lightly modded .. so far
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 06:51 PM

Mega BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Serialized Number: 0130
I found this old thread just now. I was recently reading up on both subframe connectors and the Steeda 3 point torque boxes. Curious what results either has on a daily driver 2008 S197 Bullitt Mustang on the street? Would it smooth out the ride and handling on streets and highway ramps?

Would like to hear from people who actually installed one or both of these for street or mixed use (please, no armchair quarterbacks.)

Thanks.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 04:10 PM
BULLITT In The Chamber

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Serialized Number: 4981
I was doing research on S/F's and read the same thing on the Steeda site. I'm going with the following:

1. Steeda S197 Mustang Jacking Rails (GT/V6/Boss 302/GT500) Part Number: 555 5209

2. Steeda Mustang Frame Rail & Torque Box Brace (05-14) Part Number: 555 5551

3. Steeda Mustang G-Trac Brace (05-14) Part Number: 555 5530
bullit4404 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode