• 3 Post By Serpent
  • 1 Post By pwd72s
  • 2 Post By JackDW - 852
  • 1 Post By pwd72s
  • 1 Post By Donn3850

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 01:44 AM Thread Starter

Potential Bullitt Buyer

Hello everyone. I found this extremely low mile Bullitt literally 5 minutes from home. It's a 2008 in the green with under 7k miles. Looks like a 1 year old car. They are asking just over 22k for it, but KBB shows the exact car with options/mileage going for mid 16s to mid 18s. Is the dealership just looking for a sucker or am I missing something here? Also, should I be overly concerned about a 10 year old car with mileage that low? It appears to be a 1 owner and obviously garage kept. Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated here. Here is the link to the car itself.

https://www.cowlesfordcommercial.com...HT82HX85191496
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 10:26 AM

PY-Like BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: HG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 0852
Nice looking Bullitt. Will the dealership negotiate any? I can see both sides of that price. If you are looking for the best bargain, this may not be it. It is a little over priced. But on the other side, if you are looking for an unmolested low mileage this may be it. 08/09 Bullitt with this low mileage are getting very rare.

As far is issue, you "hit the nail on the head". It is a 10 year old car. It appears to have OEM tires. They are getting to the point of being dangerous. I just replaced mine earlier this year. The OEM has gotten very hard and provided little traction. Also, other rubber items (ie belts) are also getting old and gets hard over time. Would need to consider fluid changes, especially the brake fluid.

If you do consider this car, rather then negotiating price with the dealership, draw up of list of items that need addressed and see if that can be included in the deal. Either way, this car will be a lot less then the price of a '19 Bullitt.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 10:43 AM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 09
Bullitt Color: Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6498
Bullitt Price

Good luck with the BULLITT hunt!! I bought a 2009 in May (11,300 miles) . I paid a bit over Kelly Blue Book, but not much.

Keep in mind there are a lot of variables in buying a BULLITT. A lot of folks give you the "IT's ALL ORIGINAL" talk. That's fine if you buy it, never drive it, just park it and admire the purchase.

If it's all original, then it needs new tires and maybe tire pressure sensors, it needs the coolant changed, it needs an oil change, brake fluid change, air filter, cabin filter, paint work, etc. If a FORD Dealer is selling, maybe you can negotiate a few maintenance items in the price. Go over the car carefully....little things can cost big money to fix.

Whatever you pay...add another $2000 to the cost of initial ownership if the car is all original. Yes, these are collector cars if you are a BULLITT fan. Like one of our form members says.....they are old and slow.....most four bangers in 2018 have 300 plus horsepower. In my opinion, the 08/09 is the closest image of the 1968 car.

To me my BULLITT is very special and I will pay what it costs to keep it in tip top shape. Or, buy a new one for $50K.....

Good luck!!! I hope you buy/find the BULLITT

ARMY TC
tossass4370 and bullit4404 like this.

IT MUST BE THE GREEN!!!!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 01:53 PM

Super BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 19
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1783
A friend of mine bought an 18,000 mile 2008 car a few months ago for about 15,500 (from a Ford dealer). There's barely a mark on it!

I'm also the custodian of my girlfriend's 2008 HG Bullitt #3915.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 04:47 PM
Car Whisperer

Bullitt Year: No Bullitt
Bullitt Color: Black Cobra
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6840
sounds like the dealer is using the hype for the new bullitt to bump up the price for an 08...kind of..well, you can have a bullitt for half the price if you buy this one....he should be willing to negotiate some on that price for sure. no matter the mileage, still an 11 model year old car.

1996 SVT Cobra
was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 08:49 PM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Serialized Number: 6380
Agree with all the above posts...I really like Jack's post. But then look around at what $22K will buy new...not much. Still, in the Mustang pecking order, they are slow, old, and obsolete. Truth. So, do you just "gotta have" a Bullitt or are you looking for performance? At $22K you are inching into the territory of 5.0 cars, and if one of those has the track pack option, you'll have more power, and better brakes and suspension.

Only you can decide what you really want...
bullit4404 likes this.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 11:30 AM

PY-Like BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 0852
Just a reminder. Make sure the dealer replaces the old defective air bags. Both sides have been recalled and replacement parts are now available.
pwd72s and bullit4404 like this.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 01:56 PM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Serialized Number: 6380
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDW - 852 View Post
Just a reminder. Make sure the dealer replaces the old defective air bags. Both sides have been recalled and replacement parts are now available.
Good point...I'm taking my car to the dealer tomorrow for the passenger side bag. Only took 'em a decade to get it together...
bullit4404 likes this.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 03:28 AM
Donn3850

Bullitt Year: 19
Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 0569
Factory Recalls really take some time! I finally got the Passenger Air Bag replaced today. Drivers side came in and replaced 2 years ago, but couldn't get passenger one replaced until today. At least BOTH are now good to go! My 3850 still runs and is as nice as the day I picked it up! Trying to order a 2019 Bullitt for a reasonable MSRP or better price in the Seattle area!
bullit4404 likes this.

:dhg19:
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 10:20 AM
Rob

Bullitt Serialized Number: 5211
Updates? Did the dealership negotiate any at all?

1968 HG Fastback GT/Jcode Bullitt tribute
2001 DHG Bullitt #256 co-owned w/ grbullet
2008 DHG Bullitt #5211
2014 Roush Stage 3 5.0 supercharged (son's)
2017 Magnetic Fastback 5.0/GT (wife's)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode