LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: B
Bullitt Serialized Number: 2584
Garage
The thread to end ALL THREADS

I just finished reading the longest thread on the IMBOC- the Tiger Honaker saga. https://www.imboc.com/forums/225-08-...st-9040-a.html

I almost feel like I know the guy personally. A long and interesting tale of what to do and not to do with your Bullitt. I do feel like I should get a wall plaque or at least a star to stick on my forehead. There must have been some posts that were deleted at the end- other wise I don't see any reason to lock the thread... and I assume most of those posters are long gone - but I did enjoy it- (Obviously)

Cheers

Black no less
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 06:05 PM
2009 Owner

Bullitt Year: 09
Bullitt Color: HG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6283
As in most things in life, there is often more "story behind the story".
Let it be said that I have mixed emotions, most of them bad, about being the 2nd highest poster in that thread.

And I'm definitely not saying anything more.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Posted Log.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	69781  
bullit4404 and squib like this.

Last edited by RonReam; 12-12-2018 at 11:01 PM.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 07:42 PM
Charles

GONE TO PLAID!

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Color: Multiple Bullitts
Bullitt Serialized Number: 00736
^^^^ just ahead of Mr. Nixon alas still only 10%. That says a lot.
squib likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

BullittHead

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonReam View Post
As in most things in life, there is often more "story behind the story".

Let it be said that I have mixed emotions about being the 2nd highest poster in that thread.

While not on this forum back in the old Tiger days- I got the feeling that they were fun times for the most part. "Wait ... wait... wait... and now here is the install...." HA HA .

Black no less
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 08:52 PM
Quest for single digits

Bullitt Color: DHG1521 B3749 TB3735 DHG736
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1521
Quote:
Originally Posted by squib View Post
While not on this forum back in the old Tiger days- I got the feeling that they were fun times for the most part. "Wait ... wait... wait... and now here is the install...." HA HA .

Sorry, you're incorrect. Not fun at all
RonReam and squib like this.

Visit the New
and the New
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 10:52 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 19
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 2700
I read that thread too, well most of it, gosh almighty itís long, what an adventure!

What ever happened to him? Was that last thread serious? Did he really get a Hellcat? I see the Bullitt is still for sale at Gateway Classics for just under $50K now.

One thing that thread did for me was confirm that the Mickey Thompson wheels look very similar to the Ď19 Bullitt wheels or vice versa I should say.
squib likes this.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 12:45 AM Thread Starter

BullittHead

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylan1521 View Post
Sorry, you're incorrect. Not fun at all
I tried to find the tongue in cheek smilie when I said that.
kaylan1521 likes this.

Black no less

Last edited by squib; 12-13-2018 at 04:34 PM. Reason: spelling
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 07:49 AM
mrt2you

Bullitt Serialized Number: 0898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fords4ever View Post
I read that thread too, well most of it, gosh almighty itís long, what an adventure!

What ever happened to him? Was that last thread serious? Did he really get a Hellcat? I see the Bullitt is still for sale at Gateway Classics for just under $50K now.

One thing that thread did for me was confirm that the Mickey Thompson wheels look very similar to the Ď19 Bullitt wheels or vice versa I should say.

YES he did buy a hellcat challenger.
squib likes this.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 08:51 AM

Mega BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 5245
Garage
I sold my 01 Bullitt a few months ago after buying a 2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus. Sorry but the 01 Bullitt couldn't hold a candle to the my '16 Challenger!
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 09:46 AM

PY-Like BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 0852
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEN357 View Post
I sold my 01 Bullitt a few months ago after buying a 2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus. Sorry but the 01 Bullitt couldn't hold a candle to the my '16 Challenger!
Ed, I don't disagree with that. The same way an 01 will not "hold a candle" to the '19 Bullitt. I can also say a '65, '66, '68 or even a 69/70 Mach 1 will not "hold a candle" to the New Generation Challenger or Bullitt but they have the same thing that the 01 has, CLASS. In 20 years of so, we may say the same thing about the New Generation Challenger but for now, they are just a fast cars. At least the '19 Bullitt has it's heritage to fall back on.

Just my opinion (and I have been known to be wrong).
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 10:19 AM

PY-Like BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 0852
Thanks squid for posting this. I mostly agree with your assessment. I joined this site about the same time as Terry and followed most of his adventures. When it came to his Bullitt and it's build, I found it very entertaining, especially when it was happening "real time". As you can see, Terry was very eccentric. There was a couple times I had to just ignore this thread (ie, his cancer treatment and ED treatment) but overall I enjoyed his postings. I actually leaned a lot from this thread (especially what not to do). I do not claim to know him personally but I did meet him a couple times are car shows and Nationals. But each time his car was at Brenspeed and I never saw the car.

That is my "personnel" take on Terry but I was never on the receiving end of his attacks. As I understand several people on this site were the target of some vicious attacks. Since I was not part of it, I can only relay what I heard 3rd hand. Most of this took place "behind the scenes" so you will not find those threads anywhere on this site. Just some references here and there.

I do consider Terry a "virtual" friend but also with the knowledge he has an arrogant side and you may have to put up with that and ignore it. To some extent, I guess I also have a little of that but I try to understand it and if I go off, I will be the first to apologize.

Again, this is my take on that massive tread. I think you got the jest of it but as you gathered, there was a lot of "behind of scenes" drama that played out. I will not try to judge if the results were fair or not. Just enjoy the thread and his build for what it is.
squib likes this.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

BullittHead

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDW - 852 View Post
Thanks squid for posting this. I mostly agree with your assessment. I joined this site about the same time as Terry and followed most of his adventures. ...... Just enjoy the thread and his build for what it is.
That explains a lot- thanks. I think forums like this have been and still are evolving - that era of the Tiger machine was probably the height of it all. I used to post on several forums and read many- lots of different interests. Bikes (pedal and motors), coins, hunting, etc etc etc...

Seems like lots of action goes to Facebook now- which I can proudly say I have never had an account. But I am an "old guy" and happy in my own cozy little world. Trying to stay one step ahead of the govt- HA.

To find me back here on a car forum - well that tells you how much I like my new Bullitt! (plus I must have too much free time...)

Black no less
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 11:42 AM

You Broke the Server!

Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 03549
Garage
That cars been for sale at gateway along time. Price has been almost cut in half. Wonder how much longer before it gets towed out if there.they can’t offer free lifetime storage and maintanance can they?
squib likes this.

Konis,Eibach sportlines,MM caster camber plates,MM X adjustable lower control arms,MGW Shifter,Alum driveshaft,Mac Prochamber,Mach chin spoiler,19" Forged wheels with BFG 255/295
Best 1/4mile Vortech V1 [email protected]
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 12:25 PM

PY-Like BullittHead

Bullitt Color: TB
Bullitt Serialized Number: 05019
I wish I could afford to leave an expensive car just sit and move on to another expensive car. I wish I could afford to... even though I wouldn't do it!
VIC-TIM and squib like this.

TB Bullitt #5019
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 02:49 PM
BEST BULLITT Nats 06

Bullitt Serialized Number: 00344
If I may add, there was a very good reason that there thread was locked. Just sayin'...
squib likes this.

~VICKI~

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode