Hey all - IMBOC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Today, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: B
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1284
Hey all

New member here. (Well not really. In my initial excitement forgot I had registered until i looked at the registry. #1284)

But I have had my bullitt for about 9 awesome years now. Shes pretty close to stock. I intend to keep this car for life.

I'd like to do some drag or auto cross events. But shes mainly a daily and therefore I'm shooting for function over form. (I've got a buddy in the BMW stance scene. Who is a dedicated masochist dailying a static slammed E46 M3 in the bay area) I've put together a build with performance and driveability in mind. As well as not riding like a steam roller. I for sure don't want to go any lower than half inch drop in front and half to an inch drop in the rear. Which limited spring selection to like ford K springs, roush or coilovers.

Currently installed performance mods. FRPP 62mm TB, JLT V3 CAI, Bassani axle backs and a Bama 91 Race tune.

For looks I opted to keep it decently original or at least easily changed back to stock.
CDC aggressive shin spoiler, MRT production numbered shift knob, Stock style Seibon carbon fiber hood and AMR style rims.
(I literally see the bullitt rims on every other 05-09 mustang daily)

After much lurking and research. I've been amassing parts for maybe 2 years now.
I've got an MGW shifter to get rid of the 2-3 quick shift transmission bind problem.
If the weather stays dry I plan to install myself soon.

But for the tired and worn suspension. (It lived with the OG owner ungaraged in salty upstate NY)
I've decided to replace just about everything. Do it once and do it right the first time.

Anyway I've got mostly a Stage 2 Roush suspension pieced together (minus the sway bars).
Roush lowering springs, front and rear shocks with a few deviations like the Roush wheel hop reduction kit, Whiteline control arms, GT500 strut mount upgrade, J&M stainless steel brake lines, FRPP jounce bumper kit, Roush steering rack stops and Eibach Pro alignment camber bolts.

Next black friday I'm probably going for a Whiteline rear watts link, FRPP aluminum driveshaft, Steeda UD pullies, Steeda charge motion delete plates, Mezier electric water pump and finally some thump with the Hot rod cams. Then a dyno tune to tie it all together and wring out a bit more power.

All in all I'd like it to handle like a go kart and to put down at least 330 at the wheels. (while not riding rough enough to make me **** blood. My pops has a 15 Focus ST and its actually surprisingly pretty harsh)

Does anyone have, Ridden in or know of any similar setups? I'm currently in the CA bay area but will be moving to the Prescott AZ area in the next year or 2 if anyone knows any good dyno tuners?

I'd rather not want stab myself in the eye from overlooking something simple.
Appreciate any advise from criticism to praise of my build list thanks.

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome message there.

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode