Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Bullitt Natiionals Convoy???

9K views 47 replies 26 participants last post by  4.6SHOOTER 
#1 ·
I am thinking about picking up the Bullitt Nationals convoy either before or at Vegas. Anyone else interested in making a mini convoy to join up with the main group?

#29 ·
We'll be there!

Mike and I are planning to join the convoy in Albuquerque on Tuesday.
Taking the long route from SLC to SF. But what great company we'll have! Can't wait. If you've never done a caravan/convoy before you're in for a treat.
J.

#32 ·
The route and itinerary is being finalized as we speak...down to scheduled times and tourist stop locations.
In addition to being a Bullitt convoy, we are also looking to celebrate the 80th year of route 66....with planned stops relative to some old rte 66 icons. The road will be long.....but trying to plan out a fun four days.
Stay tuned......

#38 ·
Road Trip!!

Hello Bullitts,

Getting closer, finally have travel/time off plans firmed up.
I'm heading north from San Diego to San Fran Larkspur Landing about 4 to 4:30 a.m. Wed the 19th.
Would be glad to meet up with Bullitts heading up to the Nats. Reply or PM for my cell # if you want to meet up, maybe have breakfast someplace. My main interest (that day) is beating the traffic.
I have brand new (better than last time) FRS radios we can talk car to car on on the way if you wish. They came in kinda handy during the Nats in /on the way to/Chandler AZ.
Look forward to seeing everyone. Take care.:cool:

R/T.J.

#39 ·
8 hrs in the saddle ... 'Have BULLITT will travel'

DHG1005 with or without wife will be driving up the 20th leaving Poway around 0600 and getting to the hotel around 1600 in time for the meet & greet party. Will do it solo so I don't have to worry about others going to fast or to slow. Who knows I may pass you or you my pass me so lets honk at each other and wave.

on your six ... DHG 1005

#41 · (Edited)

Hi all,

I just found your club by shear luck while looking for parts for my Mustang on the Mustang Depot website.

I have a '67 dark metallic green GT fastback that should be back together by then and I know it's kinda late to register but I'd love to join the group for the Bullitt Nationals.

I live locally to SF and know the peninsula very well...especially all the best twisty roads around here :smile:

There's a bunch of ways to get to SF and do the GG bridge thing from highway 5

I have a few routes in my mind whether you want to go 5 to 580 thru Oakland or go 5 to 152 (Pacheco pass) to the coast. BTW highway 1 is closed due to a landslide and may or may not be open by then...either way you can still go 1 to 92 then 280
but from highway 1 there are a couple of really nice roads to take that also end at 92/280....84, 9 and 35

So think about it. I'd be more than happy to help you guys with your route. Either way I would love to join the group on 5 or the coast or wherever.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and hanging out with a bunch of fellow Mustang lovers.

Drive safe.

Todd

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

#44 ·
Things to do while waiting for the cruise and more

A couple of Bullitt trailers, some good trivia, movies goofs...36 pages of Bullitt stuff! Enjoy

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062765/maindetails

Stuff to do while in SF

Friday night skate: Meet at the Fairy building at the end of Market street where it meets the Embarcadero at about 8:30 (they usually leave about 8:45). The skate is about 10 miles throughout the streets of SF with views of many of the famous landmarks...Coit Tower, GG bridge, Palace of Fine Arts. usually about 100+ people skate. Even beginners can do a little of this skate to pier 39 or the SF Maritime museum and back.

Drive down Lombard (the crookedest street in the world) what a picture that would be...Lombard filled with a bunch of Bullitts!

That's all for now...

RRCobra

PS: Thanks for the nice welcome!

#45 ·
Just thought I would jump in and say that I drove 227 from Windsor to San Diego two weeks ago. It took 10 hours including stopping for gas and eating. That was on Highway 5. We came back 101 but we broke the trip up into smaller portions. San Diego to Hollywood. Sorry Greg, I could not find your address to get ahold of you. Next we went to Santa Barbra and Solvang! Then to Monteray and finally home to Windsor. We went 101 part of the way and 1 the other parts of the way. What a nice drive if you don't mind going S L O W ;-)...

Anyway we will see everyone at the Hotel on Thursday. Have a safe trip and don't get any tickets ;-)...

Bud and 227

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.