25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 04439
Tail of the Dragon 7-5-16

Before heading to Nationals on the 6th 3 Bullittheads (so far) will be driving the Tail of the Dragon on July 5th.

Just thought I would make a separate thread from the nationals thread to try and draw some more interest!

We will be staying at the Fontana Village Resort in NC on the 5th if anyone would like to stay overnight or meet us there to drive the tail!

Fontana Village Resort Smoky Mountain Resort & Marina

Bring em out!!!!

68k miles. 5.0 shifter, drop in K&N, 17x8 black bullitts, DHG pony in grille

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 12:04 PM

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Serialized Number: 5386
man, this is tempting. As long as this is a planned event and the the dragon folks know.

Rodney, 5386. Mods: Brembo front brakes, Raxiom rear LED lights, Raxiom infotainment center, AM AMR wheels, Tokico D-Specs, Eibach sways, Detroit Torsen true track diff, Vogtland/Ford FRPP springs, CS front bumper, AutoMeter gauge pod, VDO gauges and some other stuff...

post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by olds350 View Post
As long as this is a planned event and the the dragon folks know.
As far as I know we are good to go! See page 3 post #45!
https://www.imboc.com/forums/143-nati...tionals-3.html

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 12:30 PM

Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 01152
Garage
Who all is headed over to the Tail of the Dragon?

Care to post up?

I am staying nearby, or at least that is the plan, but also intend to head off to Charleston two days before and stop enroute.

My name is David J. Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me that. You can call me David. Or you can call me David J. Or you can call me David Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me David J. Midgley....
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 12:59 PM

I can't commit this far out, family issues the wife is dealing with. I'll need to decide about 2 weeks prior. Would love to make this event. Have some folks in the local mustang club that might want to attend if that's cool.... If not, let me know and I won't post up on their forums.

Rodney, 5386. Mods: Brembo front brakes, Raxiom rear LED lights, Raxiom infotainment center, AM AMR wheels, Tokico D-Specs, Eibach sways, Detroit Torsen true track diff, Vogtland/Ford FRPP springs, CS front bumper, AutoMeter gauge pod, VDO gauges and some other stuff...

post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 01:54 PM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 2059
So far I'll be there!

FR500S mufflers, MGW shifter, BMR adjustable Panhard bar, GT500 finned Differential cover ~ "Thats thinkin with your dipstick Jimmy!" ~
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by olds350 View Post
I can't commit this far out, family issues the wife is dealing with. I'll need to decide about 2 weeks prior. Would love to make this event. Have some folks in the local mustang club that might want to attend if that's cool.... If not, let me know and I won't post up on their forums.
I am cool with some other mustangs joining up if everyone else is! Always more fun in a group IMO.

post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbull4439 View Post
I am cool with some other mustangs joining up if everyone else is! Always more fun in a group IMO.
Bringing this post back up as July is only 6 weeks away. I've posted this forum thread to my local mustang group, Heart of Carolina Mustangs to get some feedback. Hopefully some of these pony car drivers can make it.
greenbull4439 likes this.

post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

Just about 3 weeks away! One final bump for anyone interested!

post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 11:58 AM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 2059
as of right now we should still be going, I'm not sure I can make it to the Nats in georgia after now, but at least i'll see some bullitts at the dragon.
greenbull4439 likes this.

FR500S mufflers, MGW shifter, BMR adjustable Panhard bar, GT500 finned Differential cover ~ "Thats thinkin with your dipstick Jimmy!" ~
post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 04:26 PM

Bullitt Serialized Number: 1248
Hi Guys,
This is something I have put together for a stop on the way to nats.

The room is all paid for and will be a good meeting place. The room is for multiple Bulittheads but I do not want to get us in trouble with the Resort.

We need to plan, just in case we should ask for another room ... if one is available.

Look for my posts in this thread.

https://www.imboc.com/forums/143-nati...tionals-2.html

Bullitt Lifer
....Rick....

Last edited by PhotoRick; 06-10-2016 at 04:33 PM.
post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 03:28 PM

so what are the details for this event? When do you plan on meeting up and when do you plan to drive? This is only 3 weeks away.... Is there a cost for driving the dragon? I assume folks are planning on meeting up on Monday evening the 4th and drive the dragon sometime on the 5th and then head off to the nationals. I was thinking about heading to TN on the 5th to see my dad since I'll be close. But that all depends on when we're meeting up to drive. BTW, there are no rooms available at Fontana Village right on July 4th....

If anyone has some details, I'd like to hear them please...

post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

All I know so far is I am leaving Houston early in the am July 4th and staying the night in Cleveland, TN about 2 hours away from the tail.

July 5th we still need to determine when we are meeting/ driving. The night of July 5th I was going to room with Rick at Fontana Dam Resort, then head to nationals on the morning of the 6th. (about a 6hr drive to Savannah I think)

I think Brian from PA said they will be at Fontana Dam on the night of July 4th and ready to drive whenever on the 5th on the other nationals thread.

If there are not any more rooms at the Fontana Dam Resort is anyone aware of any other hotels in the area that other people could stay at if they decide to join us? I have never been to NC.

From what I read online the dragon road is a public road so there shouldn't be a fee?

post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 08:36 PM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 09
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6380
I'll keep you all in my prayers.
post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 12:29 AM

Bullitt Serialized Number: 1248
Hi Guys,
The Tail of the Dragon is US 129. Pick it us just southeast of Knoxville TN. Do some map work for your trip. http://tailofthedragon.com/

The Cherohala Skyway lies between Robbinsville NC and Tellico Plans TN and rises to more than 5000 feet elevation. Robbinsville NC is just off the east end of the Dragon.

http://www.cherohala.com/

These are great Bullitt roads and may be driven any time with out any fee.

We can check in to the room at Fontana Village Resort by about 3 pm.

Gonna be a great time .... THEN on to Nats!

Bullitt Lifer
....Rick....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode