Anybody near Gardnerville? - IMBOC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-25-2015, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

You Broke the Server!

Location: The RGV. Home of the ORIGINAL primitive screwheads.
Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 02429
Anybody near Gardnerville?

I might be buying a motorcycle that's in Gardnerville, and if possible, have someone make sure it's on the up and up. I believe it is, but a once over would be nice. Of course, you would need to know a little about them.

2001 DHG Bullitt. Bought new on 9-29-01. 4.10 gears, drilled and slotted rotors. 9" front and 10.5 rear black Bullitt rims. GT fog lights and Mach 1 chin spoiler. SR lowering springs, JLT Ram Air, Webtronics sequentials, MRT hood struts, MSD c.o.p.s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 02:30 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Color: B
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1107
Garage
I'm in Reno, a little over an hour from there but i'm not really too knowledgable about motorcycles (especially anything new) and it has been many, many years since I rode one. When I did ride I rode Triumph, BSA, Harley, Bultaco all on dirt tracks at around 19 to 22 years of age but now 65 with two partial knees it's doubtful if I could kick start anything.
I could tell you if it starts, stops, the color and if it has 2 wheels but nothing too technical.
Don't know if that helps…oh, plus it's over 100 degrees for the next couple days, plus it's our 40th wedding anniversary this weekend. I could get down maybe next Monday or Wednesday.
Let me know-Tim

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tim
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

You Broke the Server!

Location: The RGV. Home of the ORIGINAL primitive screwheads.
Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 02429
Thanks Tim. It's a 1982 Suzuki GS1100. I just got off the phone with the owner. He says it's been parked for a few years now, and says it "ran when parked". My main concern is if it will kick over using the kick starter (the battery is dead.) I imagine he could kick it over while you watch. The pictures he provided show it to be in really good condition, so that isn't a worry, either. I just need to see if it will kick over (not doing so would probably mean the motor is frozen.) The guy sounds reputable and the bike was originally on Ebay and he has good feedback (100% positive). The bike was built by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986, and he has the magazine with the article.

He mentioned that someone from Reno wants to look at it as well this weekend, so I told him to shoot me an email on Monday if it's still available.

If you can, great, but I certainly don't want you going out of your way to do it.

2001 DHG Bullitt. Bought new on 9-29-01. 4.10 gears, drilled and slotted rotors. 9" front and 10.5 rear black Bullitt rims. GT fog lights and Mach 1 chin spoiler. SR lowering springs, JLT Ram Air, Webtronics sequentials, MRT hood struts, MSD c.o.p.s

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 08:28 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Color: B
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1107
Garage
Let me know if he calls you and we can work something out Monday or Wednesday.
Tim

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tim

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode