Bullitt Replica or Keep Original? - Page 2 - IMBOC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 10:13 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: HG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 4492
I'd say start with a complete Marti report. Then you'll know how rare it is. I've seen more Bullitt replicas than ones in that color. Can't go wrong either way, though. Looks nice "as is".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 Bullitt DHG #4492
'68 Cougar 289/4-speed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 11:04 PM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: Replica
Garage
Welcome Jay to IMBOC from So Cal. Thats a tough one. The Gulf Stream Aqua looks GREAT! Why not meet half way. And make it a, What If Bullitt was Gulf Stream Aqua? Add a set of 15 x 7 American Torq Thrust D's with the centers blacked out and black out the rear quarter and shave off all the emblems like the movie car. You have a beautiful Mustang the way it is. It all comes down to what you really want. If you would like to see what it took to make my '67 a Bullitt replica check out my posts in the Bullitt Proof. If you have any questions PM me anytime.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Bullitt Color: DHG
WOW thank you guys for all the comments and responses. I am blown away by your support! The car is an all numbers matching 289. Haven't done a Marti report yet.

An aqua bullitt mustang has already crossed my mind as just suggested by .67 cal Bullitt! I'll be sure to read up on your thread build also.

I'm going to enjoy it as it is, for now. Only small mods here and there.

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 11:50 PM

Monster BullittHead

Garage
Please post pics every now and then so we can see it. There is a Nada Bullitt thread too. I have a '67 Coupe that I'm going to start restoring soon and will be posting it there.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 01:21 PM

Mega BullittHead

Bullitt Color: Highland Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox&Fastback View Post
WOW thank you guys for all the comments and responses. I am blown away by your support! The car is an all numbers matching 289. Haven't done a Marti report yet.

An aqua bullitt mustang has already crossed my mind as just suggested by .67 cal Bullitt! I'll be sure to read up on your thread build also.

I'm going to enjoy it as it is, for now. Only small mods here and there.
You are a wise man to keep it original!

In 1968, 2,423 Mustangs were painted FORD Paint Code#2065-A, Gulf Stream Aqua, as compared to 5,488 being painted FORD Paint Code #3067-A, Highland Green Metallic.
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 12:04 PM

PY-Like BullittHead

Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 4507
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JcodeBullitt View Post
You are a wise man to keep it original!

In 1968, 2,423 Mustangs were painted FORD Paint Code#2065-A, Gulf Stream Aqua, as compared to 5,488 being painted FORD Paint Code #3067-A, Highland Green Metallic.
Thanks Mike for posting....I didn't know that.......Will keep this on file........To the original poster: Nice 68 fastback....I'm bias to Gulfstream Aqua but with that being said, your car is awesome.....Fastbacks are getting more harder and harder to find.....You can do what John suggested and it would be cool...You can always change it back to stock if you get tired of the Bullitt look...Either way, just enjoy your Mustang...Welcome to the coolest site on the web...I've sold my Bullitt over a year ago and still hang around here......Cool people and always find out new things.......

Frank T
2001 DHG #4507 Bullitt-former owner
1968 Mustang Coupe-Gulfstream Aqua(sold)
1990 Mustang LX 5.0 7-up convertible
Tri-County Mustangs
Camarillo, CA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-27-2014, 03:23 AM
Banned

Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 5224
Jay, only one way ya can go wrong on that baby, total it.

You will like imboc, lota good folks.

post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 12:45 AM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Its YOUR BABY! Make her the way you want. Bullitt ?? Nadda Bullitt?? Its a FASTBACK!!
One of the best looking cars ever produced. (lil bias) Make it Yours. Mine is "Mike's Bullitt Replica" Not an exact movie copy! But I drive her like Steve did!!

/img]
MIKE RHOADES 68'DHG 418 Stroker,Windsor Jr.Heads, Harland Sharp Roller rockers, Edlbrock Air-Gap Performer Intake, 750Holly HP.Double Pumper, AIR CLEANER SECURED WITH LOCTITE!! Full MSD Ignition, Griffen Alum. Radiator. Billet Alum. Underdrive Pullies, C-4 Auto, 2400 stall converter, GearVendor OverDrive. 9in.rear 3:50 gears with a Richmond Mini Spool. Feature car in Clarksons DVD. SITTING AT SEMA 2006
Check it Out!!
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 04:22 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: Former Owner
Bullitt Serialized Number: 0572
I've seen the conversion of a '67 coupe to a fastback using Dynacorn sheet metal and I think I will go that route if I build a Bullitt replica.

2012 GT Premium/Yellow Blaze-Black Int./401A Premier Trim/Brembo Package/3.73 Axle
Mods: FRPP Power Pack (428 HP/397 ft-lbs, K&N Filter, GT500 Mufflers), FRPP short throw shifter, FRPP Performance Info Center gauge in Roush vent pod, Boss 302S grille, Boss 302 flat black body trim with fog lamps, custom lower grille, black fender badges, black decklid panel with tri-bar pony, flat black mirror caps and tail light trim, FRPP Boss 302S 19x9 and 19x10 wheels, Boss 302 brake lines, FRPP aluminum axle cover.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode