• 2 Post By 68stang

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Rob

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: HG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 5211
What are our 68 Bullitt's worth?

I try to keep up with the value of our 68 replicas as much as I can. I was watching what appeared to be a very nice replica (except for the modern Bullitt gas cap and the 2001 Bullitt lettering on the wood grain dash) on Ebay. It sold for $38,100 or something very close to that. I've seen a few others not sell at all. Have I had my head in the sand or what? Is the market just down? Seems like a year ago I still saw a few selling for 60k plus. My car has been appraised at over $50k, but from what I've seen it wouldn't bring that right now. Not that I'm trying to sell it or anything........

Rob

1968 HG Fastback GT/Jcode Bullitt tribute
2001 DHG Bullitt #256 co-owned w/ grbullet
2008 DHG Bullitt #5211
2014 Roush Stage 3 5.0 supercharged (son's)
2017 Magnetic Fastback 5.0/GT (wife's)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 03:07 PM
Administrator

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Serialized Number: 3383
Garage
Basically it depends on what someone is willing to pay and overall condition. I have been tracking them and they are selling between 40 and 60K for nice examples of 68 fastbacks. Some that need TLC around 15-20K. if you watch Counting Cars or Pawn Stars they built one for around 40K. Honestly you can get a brand new shell and use a donor coupe to build one for under 40K if you do the work yourself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 03:22 PM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 09
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6380
The collectables market has it's ups and downs. It is a fickle market. Also age related. Meaning, many people buy what they wanted in their youth but couldn't afford.

On cars, my advice would be to buy (or build) what you like and not worry about future value.

I'm not just blowing smoke here...I did have a collectable car that I bought and held for over 30 years...bought and held because I liked it. Sold it to a friend for a friend's price in order to keep it out of the hands of the money changers who had entered the enthusiast's temple.

Anyway, Hagerty insurance has a feature listing car values based on actual sales and condition of cars sold..you might check there.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 08:34 PM

You Broke the Server!

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 03549
Garage
A j code 68 small block sold for mid 40s
A j code 68 big block sold for low 50s
Both are in Washington state

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Konis,Eibach sportlines,MM caster camber plates,MM X adjustable lower control arms,MGW Shifter,Alum driveshaft,Mac Prochamber,Mach chin spoiler,19" Forged wheels with BFG 255/295
Best 1/4mile Vortech V1 [email protected]
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 08:31 PM

BullittHead

Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 5643
Chris,
I represent one of those!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2016, 08:13 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 68
Bullitt Serialized Number: 9999
Garage
Our collector replica cars are only worth what someone is willing to pay. I built mine for the enjoyment and put what I wanted on it. I never once believed I would sell it for more money than I have put into it. I look at it this way, you buy a new car and drive it off the lot and down the value goes. If I can enjoy my replica (which I am) for 10 years and get half the value back I will have done great. So I say don't put a money value on your replica just look at it and remember it's value to you.
tigerhonaker and FarmerDon like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode