Bilstein shocks? - Page 2 - IMBOC
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-18-2018, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

Mega BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 0130
UPDATE: Installed the rear Bilstein B6 shocks and the UMI rear lower control arms. My old control arms were apparently not torqued from the factory or previous owner and the bushings didn't look good. The new LCA's wouldn't line up at the rear bolt holes so I had to drop the sway bar (was going to anyways for the shocks) and move the axle forward by pushing forward on the rotors to line up the back part of the link's bolt holes. Greased and torqued everything up, installed the Bilsteins and went for a ride.

What an improvement in ride quality! the Bilsteins are firmer and make the ride much better than the Tokicko's I took off. Even though the LCA's were budget priced, they seem to keep the rear end more planted when combined with the shocks, eliminating the feeling of falling into potholes and jarring impacts I felt previously. The car also seemed to track turns better at higher speeds without the rear end feeling like it was skipping around.

Thanks to everyone for their recommendations.

Last edited by chitownson; 08-18-2018 at 05:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Mega BullittHead

New Bilstein Stuts

AJ-USA in San Diego had a great sale on Bilstein products so I was finally able to replace the GT500 Tokicko's on the front of my car with a pair of Bilstein B6's. Boy what a difference! The car no longer has that lousy ricer-boy e-bay China-mart jarring cheapo suspension feel. For lack of a better description, the car feels smoother and more sophisticated. The car feels more like the suspension is working with the road instead of just going over everything passing annoyances into the cabin. This is the ride every Bullitt should have came with.

Just FYI, this is my second great experience with Bilstein B-6's. I had a HORRIBLE experience with Shockwarehouse.Com on an expensive full KYB suspension I ordered for my wife's Chrysler 300. Shockwarehouse sent me the wrong front struts and it took me weeks of hard follow-up just to get a response and return refund number from them. (I had to pay to ship them back.) On top of that, the correct upscale KYB's I ordered were complete garbage turning the Chrysler's former limo-like ride into a poor handling cement mixer. (I'm wondering if KYB is now subbing out their fomerly excellent manufacturing to some sub-standard Chinese factory?) Once again Shockwarehouse.com was non-responsive for weeks on my warranty claim so I went directly to KYB's factory reps who were about as helpful as an Obamacare call center. Finally, again after weeks, I was able to ship them back under warranty, but again, I am out shipping costs (total shipping costs out of my pocket: $90). The Bilsteins on my wife's car are awesome and the land yacht rides and handles better than it ever did. So my advice- RUN DON'T WALK from anything to do with Shockwarehouse or KYB suspension.
bullit4404 likes this.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Mega BullittHead

New Bilstein Stuts

AJ-USA in San Diego had a great sale on Bilstein products so I was finally able to replace the GT500 Tikico's on the front of my car with a pair of Bilstein B6's. Boy what a difference! The car no longer has that lousy ricer-boy e-bay China-mart jarring cheapo suspension feel. For lack of a better description, the car feels smoother and more sophisticated. The car feels more like the suspension is working with the road instead of just going over everything passing annoyances into the cabin. This is the ride every Bullitt should have came with.

Just FYI, this is my second great experience with Bilstein B-6's. I had a HORRIBLE experience with Shockwarehouse.Com on an expensive full KYB suspension I ordered for my wife's Chrysler 300. Shockwarehouse sent me the wrong front struts and it took me weeks of hard follow-up just to get a response and return refund number from them. (I had to pay to ship them back.) On top of that, the correct upscale KYB's I ordered were complete garbage turning the Chrysler's former limo-like ride into a poor handling cement mixer. (I'm wondering if KYB is now subbing out their fomerly excellent manufacturing to some sub-standard Chinese factory?) Once again Shockwarehouse.com was non-responsive for weeks on my warranty claim so I went directly to KYB's factory reps who were about as helpful as an Obamacare call center. Finally, again after weeks, I was able to ship them back under warranty, but again, I am out shipping costs. The Bilsteins on my wife's car are awesome and the land yacht rides and handles better than it ever did. So my advice- RUN DON'T WALK from anything to do with Shockwarehouse or KYB suspension.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0204.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	290.7 KB
ID:	71237   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0487.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	300.0 KB
ID:	71239  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode