LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Mega BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 0205
Garage
Car Alarm Nightmare

I had to get a new remote fob but before I could program it I made the fatal error of hitting the driver's side door lock which activated the factory alarm.

In my experience, once the alarm is engaged it needs the remote to turn off.

But I tried unlocking the door with the driver's unlock button but that didn't disengage the alarm.

I tried unlocking the car with the key but that didn't work either.

Then the alarm was set off.

I tried using my car key to lock-unlock the door from the outside to see if that would turn off the alarm...it didn't.

With no remote fob to turn off the alarm I had to disconnect the battery to stop the alarm.

I then tried "reinitializing" the alarm which involves waiting at least two minutes with the battery diconnected, then turning the key in the ignition to the "RUN" position just before the full "ON" position, then reconnecting the battery, then truning the key to the "OFF" position then hitting the "LOCK" button on the driver's door.

That didn't work. Alarm just started up again.

Also can't start the car with the alarm going off so there's that...

So I called Galpin Ford and Santa Monica Ford. No luck with them offering ay solution.

Does anyone know if there is a solution short of me towing my car to a dealership to have them charge me an obscene amount of money to turn off the alarm and program my key fob?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 06:55 PM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 09
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6380
Not that I know of. But then, all these newfangled electronics confuse the hell out of this analog old fart trying to survive in a digital world.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Mega BullittHead

Garage
Yep, I agree 100%.

In the zipper folder that contains the user manual, warranty info etc I found a manual for an alarm system called the Pursuit 9644. Apparently this is a third party alarm system installed in some Mustangs at the base of the steering column. Oddly...as far as I can tell...the alarm isn't in my car...just the manual.

So I'm only dealing with the factory alarm system...? Too bad because the Pursuit alarm system has a manual bypass button. The factory alarm does not.

So back to my dilemma.

I called AAA and they told me that I should try turning the ignition to on aka the "run" position, then off, then lock and unlock the door 8 times, then turn the ignition back to the on "run" position, then turn over the engine.

I did that and the alarm was off as long as I let the engine run. As soon as I turned the ignition off the alarm started basting again.

The AAA driver was out here. He was familiar with the problem and said the car has to go to the dealer to reset it and then program the fob.

I wanted the alarm disconnected years ago but it didn't sound like a clear cut process. That said...I'm going to ask the dealership if it's possible. In the 11 years I've had the car it's been nothing but a problem.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 08:32 PM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Serialized Number: 4404
What happens if you pull the fuse for the alarm circuit?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Mega BullittHead

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullit4404 View Post
What happens if you pull the fuse for the alarm circuit?
Was tempted to do that but I'm concerned that I might screw up the fuse if I pulled it then plugged it back in with current flowing.

Not sure how true the warnings are but many videos advise against plugging in fuses while battery is connected.

Maybe pull the fuse out while the alarm is going off to kill it...then plug fuse back back in when battery is disconnected?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 10:42 PM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Serialized Number: 4404
It's fuse # 10 in the SJB, Smart junction box. All the diagnostics say you need a scan tool to re-program. But, maybe you can kill it? Pull the fuse and leave it out, see what happens?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Mega BullittHead

Garage
Yep I looked up the fuse position (10- ISM) and pulled it however as soon as the fuse is replaced the ISM is armed again and thinks someone is trying to steal the car so the alarm goes off again.

I was able to find a way to get the car started and once running the alarm stops. However as soon as I so much as open the door or turn the car off the alarm immediately goes off again.

So I turned the car on, the alarm stopped and I carefully drove directly to the dealership. They ran a diagnostic for $100 and then reinitialized the ISM and programed the remote key fob. Everything is back to normal now.

Bottom Line? The factory Intrusion Sensor Module is ultimately ruled by the remote key fob. Maybe some sort of master key would disengage the ISM by unlocking the door manually but my original factory key did not. So based on my experience you don't ever and I mean ever want to be without your remote key fob.

That said it seems logical to me that your key to your car should turn off your car alarm. But maybe that's just my crazy thinking...apparently Ford knows better.
bullit4404 likes this.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 10:31 PM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 09
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6380
Sounds like $100 well spent...
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

Mega BullittHead

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
Sounds like $100 well spent...
Best $100 I've spent in years...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode