Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 11:02 AM

BullittHead

Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 0521
Garage
I am the third owner of a Bullitt that was purchased at a Carmax where i had it imported from another state
I received a letter from Ford about the safety recall so maybe it depends on where you bought it or if they are using the DMV registration database....not sure

[/SIGPIC]2008 Bullitt #0521 DHG - Steeda LCAs, MRT shift knob , more has to wait on the spring
post #18 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-25-2016, 09:04 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Serialized Number: 5389
Garage
The VIN is directly associated with the title/registration. Whoever registered the car last through the BMV is the owner of record and will get all recall notices.

08 Bullitt 5389 13 Ford Focus ST 00 Roush Cougar

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #19 of 72 (permalink) Old 04-09-2016, 07:22 PM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Year: No Bullitt
Bullitt Color: Former Owner
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6072
Garage
Latest info from Ford CRC

Hello Frank,

Thank you for your reply. My name is Kimberly, from Ford's Customer Relationship Center (CRC).

I understand that you are inquiring about the updates in reference to recall 15S21 Driver Airbag Inflator Replacement on your 2009 Ford Mustang.

You can expect a follow up letter in late May through the quarter of 2016 containing the instructions to take your vehicle to your local Ford Dealer. At this time, we appreciate your patience while we wait for this notification to arrive in your mail.

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company.

Sincerely,

Kimberly
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company
post #20 of 72 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 09:34 PM

Bullitt Color: HG
Bullitt Serialized Number: replica
I'm pretty sure my air bag light is going to burn out considering how long it's been on. Well hey, at least the 2015 mustang was the top selling 2 door coupe in the world last year :/

#ford #fordmustang #takataairbagrecall

Still getting this message on the ford owner webpage.
The bullitt is in Indiana now but My car spent most of its life in Houston so a good chance the air bag is affected.

Come on ford, My faith in your goodwill will definitely affect my future car buying decisions.

Recall Date: MAY 27, 2015
Recall Title: DRIVER AIRBAG INFLATOR REPLACEMENT
NHTSA Recall Number: 15V319
Ford Recall Number: 15S21
Recall Description: IN THE SUBJECT VEHICLES, CONTINUED EXPOSURE TO HIGH LEVELS OF ABSOLUTE HUMIDITY MAY CAUSE THE DRIVER AIRBAG INFLATOR HOUSING TO RUPTURE IF THE VEHICLE IS INVOLVED IN A CRASH WHERE THE SUPPLEMENTAL FRONT AIRBAGS ARE DESIGNED TO DEPLOY.
Risk to Safety: AN INFLATOR RUPTURE COULD RESULT IN METAL FRAGMENTS STRIKING AND POTENTIALLY SERIOUSLY INJURING VEHICLE OCCUPANTS.
Remedy Program: DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE DRIVER AIRBAG INFLATOR WITH A NEW ONE, FREE OF CHARGE.
Manufacturer Notes: TO CHECK FOR NON-SAFETY-RELATED PROGRAMS APPLICABLE TO YOUR VEHICLE, SEE HTTP://WWW.FORD.COM/ OR CALL YOUR FORD DEALER.

Last edited by masteraj1; 04-22-2016 at 10:37 PM.
post #21 of 72 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 11:57 PM

Bullitt Year: 09
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6057
Garage
I spoke with my dealer yesterday about this very topic. In a nut shell she was kind enough to tell me that the urgency depends on the recall number either starting with a 14 or 15. Mine was not in the urgent pile. I asked her if Ford would disable the airbag and she said no but that there is a temporary fix for the more urgent ones which I can only assume would be a disable of it until airbags arrive. My brother has an Acura and they gave him a loaner car of his choice from Enterprise until his is replaced which could take 3 more months. Acura told him they are taking this very seriously since they have now had 10 fatalities due to the airbags, mostly in Toyota and Honda brand cars. If it was super urgent I assume you would have had to bring your Stang in for the temporary fix by now. Otherwise its sit and wait.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"It's not what you got but what you give, not the life you choose but the life you live."
post #22 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 07:56 PM

Monster BullittHead

Garage
Well, finally some decent news I hope. Received the following letter in the mail today.

Now the hunt begins to find a local dealer that actually has the part.
post #23 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 08:05 PM

You Broke the Server!

Bullitt Serialized Number: 5623
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortymustang View Post
Well, finally some decent news I hope. Received the following letter in the mail today.

Now the hunt begins to find a local dealer that actually has the part.
Got mine today and called the dealer for a scheduled appointment, he said they would not have any until probably the middle of June.

Visit the New
and the New

Johnny Lightening 93 Octane tune, Detroit Rocker Cams, Long Tube Headers, Green air filter, Radiator close out panels, Engine dress up kit. Sequential taillights, Black wrinkle cam covers, MGW shifter.

post #24 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 08:06 PM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 09
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6380
This is good news. Still waiting here in Oregon, but this gives me hope. Thanks for posting.
post #25 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 08:15 PM

Monster BullittHead

Garage
Just speculation, but I think it may be geographically based. Those of us in the southern humid climates may be taken care of first.
post #26 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 09:16 PM

Bullitt Serialized Number: 0253
Garage
Got a letter today saying they expect parts would become available in the 4th quarter of this year for us out here.

Jim

post #27 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 12:01 PM

Monster BullittHead

Garage
Got my appointment today to have the airbag inflator replaced under the recall. June 30th is the earliest I could get.
post #28 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 11:24 AM

You Broke the Server!

Bullitt Serialized Number: 5623
Got my air Bag replaced today (for the car that is) took all of 15 minutes. Paperwork is about an hour, but they will mail the warranty to you if you don't want to wait

Visit the New
and the New

Johnny Lightening 93 Octane tune, Detroit Rocker Cams, Long Tube Headers, Green air filter, Radiator close out panels, Engine dress up kit. Sequential taillights, Black wrinkle cam covers, MGW shifter.

post #29 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 01:01 PM

Bullitt Serialized Number: 0253
Garage
Got the airbag inflator replaced today; took about 45 minutes altogether.

Jim

post #30 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 11:55 PM

Bullitt Serialized Number: 5611
Only took TWO years to get the recall done
First set of parts came in, but the parts themselves were recalled by Ford
and I had to wait another month for the replacement parts
Now the recall is finished

Tags
15s21, 15v-319, recall

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode