To buy or not to buy! - Page 5 - IMBOC
 47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

BullittHead

To Buy or Not To Buy

Okay! Taxes done after 2 all-nighters, then family issues that delayed my being here, still ongoing but, I'm baaack!

Sincerest thanks to all who have contributed! Yes, I am still looking. Yes, the one here in N Ohio is still available, listing went down $300. on a firm price. ? Dad & brother John keep saying the one here is a bird in hand, why worry about awards. This one has ultra low mileage, but paint issues & small dent too. Maybe I'm being too picky? I also made the point that I can trust the guys here as to what has been done with theirs, or in the local one case, what has not been done that is maybe an issue in the near future.

I do have access to my brother's beloved 150 Ford & car carrier trailer with electric brakes. My Explorer is set up for surge brakes. But if Serpent got his son's Cutlass shipped for $400., Wow! That might solves everything. They probably time with a return delivery like pianos. Definitely less than my making the trip to Texas & back, plus the time spent. Would love to meet & greet but funds are also important at this point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 08:02 PM

GONE TO PLAID!

Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 01994
Garage
hey, only you know what it is you want and what it is you will settle for, money is always an issue along with condition etc. so you have to decide what you can do and
where you might need to compromise. i have no dog in the hunt so to speak so the best aadvice I can give , is make a list of whats important ina bullitt to you and see how you an maximize that within your budget.

so I guess My comments would be this, I know the car and how it has been taken care of since day 1. the awards and such are nice but to me they are more a tribute to the owner as well as the car itself.( its a recognition of excelence in a way. )
in this case it has kept up in everyway and shows it as well. there ain't many original 2001 bullitts left that are one owner, non smoker , 100% original cars that have been maintained to the highest level in every way. ( hell its almost as good as mine / dhg 1994 )

having said that ,it doesn't do you any good if it isn't affordable or within your budget.

hope this helps and good luck whichever direction you decide is best for you

by the way I checked on shipping charges and it looks like 750-1000 shipped, ( no where's close to 400.00 so buying closer to home might be better for you.) your zip code would help solidfy the quote .
post #63 of 73 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 04:30 PM

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 5532
Timeless, what did you end up deciding?

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome message there.

post #64 of 73 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 05:18 PM

You Broke the Server!

Location: The RGV. Home of the ORIGINAL primitive screwheads.
Bullitt Serialized Number: 02429
Are you selling yours Mark?

2001 DHG Bullitt. Bought new on 9-29-01. 4.10 gears, drilled and slotted rotors. 9" front and 10.5 rear black Bullitt rims. GT fog lights and Mach 1 chin spoiler. SR lowering springs, JLT Ram Air, Webtronics sequentials, MRT hood struts, MSD c.o.p.s
post #65 of 73 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 06:59 PM
Car Whisperer

Bullitt Year: No Bullitt
Bullitt Color: No Bullitt
Bullitt Serialized Number: 9999
you ever get a car?

was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him had better take a closer look at the U.S. Native-American Indian."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #66 of 73 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 03:31 PM

BullittHead

I would not make any snap decisions. The 2001 Bullitt is an awesome car as you know. Maybe wait an look around. good luck.

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome message there.

post #67 of 73 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 03:33 PM

BullittHead

I would not make any snap decisions. The 2001 Bullitt is an awesome car as you know. Maybe wait and look around. Good luck.
post #68 of 73 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 07:55 AM

GONE TO PLAID!

Bullitt Serialized Number: 01994
Garage
nope, dhg is here to stay ..... but I do have a buddy, Gary, who was considering selling his and his is ALMOST as nice as mine....lol Last I heard he had decided NOT to sell but I haven't heard from him in a couple weeks.
post #69 of 73 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 09:54 PM
oldskull

Bullitt Serialized Number: 2524
Garage
Should have bought it. #2524 is now in my garage. Small dent easily fixed. Otherwise flawless with 5k
bullit4404 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #70 of 73 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 10:13 PM
oldskull

Garage
Doesn't get more stock, or cleaner than #2524. Check out Vanguard motor sales. They have 2, for more than twice what I paid for an all original 2001 bullitt with 5k miles.

post #71 of 73 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 07:55 PM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Color: TB
Bullitt Serialized Number: 5503
Yep, you snooze you lose! No way would I have let an unmodified 5K 01 Bullitt get away! I pulled into my employment parking lot and saw a guy I knew taking pics of a gorgeous 01 True Blue. "Hey, (name of friend) you selling your Mustang?" "Yeah, you interested?" ""Let me take for a test drive." Totally unmodified, 34K miles. Perfect condition except for curbed wheels on passenger side, but, hey, a brand new set of Bullitt wheels included with the deal. Halfway through the test drive, I headed home and pulled into my driveway. Wife came out with a "what the heck?" look on her face. "Hey, babe, just wanted you to see the car I'm buying in a few minutes!" "You're a nut," she sez "beautiful car, though!" Love that woman!
Car is a wonderful. Had it almost a year and still grin like a kid when I drive it! Enjoy that 5k #2524! You're a lucky man!
pwd72s and FarmerDon like this.
post #72 of 73 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 10:44 PM
Car Whisperer

Bullitt Year: No Bullitt
Bullitt Color: No Bullitt
Bullitt Serialized Number: 9999
original poster mia.

was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him had better take a closer look at the U.S. Native-American Indian."

post #73 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 09:26 PM
oldskull

Garage
#2524 is truly as nice as represented. I drove six hours, one way with a super duty and a trailer to get her. Would do it again. I've been lucky to have some decent cars in my 46 years, but this one is the nicest...hands down . Good luck to all the people on here. Hope you get your wish.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190312_182106_1565054751480.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	301.7 KB
ID:	71791  
bullit4404 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode