post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Color: B
Bullitt Serialized Number: 01802
Garage
01 Bullitt Mileage

Hey Bullittheads!

My Bullitt has over 213k miles on her and I just spent my entire weekend replacing the timing chain guides and tensioners along with the water pump and thermostat. I'm just curious if anyone else has a high mileage 01 Bullitt and what have you replaced? I've already replaced the clutch and had the transmission rebuilt. Since she is no longer my daily driver, I can focus on maintaining and keeping her around as long as I possibly can!

-Robert DeFoe
Bullitt 40, TB02413 and Rich M. like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 08:20 PM
BEST BULLITT Nats 06

Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 00344
Great that you're doing that Mr. De! I am one of those 01 Bullitt owners that store their Bullitt in the winter and don't drive it that much in spring/summer. #344 only has about 33,000 miles on her.
rdefoe1023 and Rich M. like this.

~VICKI~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 09:18 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Color: TB
Bullitt Serialized Number: 2413
Garage
Robert,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdefoe1023 View Post
Hey Bullittheads!

My Bullitt has over 213k miles on her and I just spent my entire weekend replacing the timing chain guides and tensioners along with the water pump and thermostat. I'm just curious if anyone else has a high mileage 01 Bullitt and what have you replaced? I've already replaced the clutch and had the transmission rebuilt. Since she is no longer my daily driver, I can focus on maintaining and keeping her around as long as I possibly can!

-Robert DeFoe
I commend you for taking care of a higher mileage Bullitt, the higher part is debatable. How long have you owned yours and how many of those enjoyable memory miles have you put on it yourself?
TwoStangWmn and rdefoe1023 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And step on it, we're running out of time!

TB02413
aka Mark

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 12:16 AM
Meg

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 01516
Garage
Robert,

If you haven’t done suspension I would do that. Bushings, etc.
Inspect and replace u joints and yoke
Motor mounts (counts as suspension)
Fuel filter (people forget)
Inspect clutch quadrant and cable, replace if needed, adjust if necessary
Lube brake sliders (sly glide) and inspect e brake cables, brake lines, and fuel lines routes

2001 Bullitt 01516 out of Ontario. Master PY.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 02:33 PM
BEST BULLITT Nats 06

Bullitt Serialized Number: 00344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
Robert,

If you havenít done suspension I would do that. Bushings, etc.
Lube brake sliders (sly glide) and inspect e brake cables, brake lines, and fuel lines routes
GREAT advice Meg!

~VICKI~

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

BullittHead

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB02413 View Post
Robert,

I commend you for taking care of a higher mileage Bullitt, the higher part is debatable. How long have you owned yours and how many of those enjoyable memory miles have you put on it yourself?
I am the second owner and I purchased the Bullitt at about 190k. The previous owner bought her when the odometer was at 15 and drove her daily on the freeway back and forth to work. I purchased her 3 years ago (4 years in March 2019) and I've placed 23k on her since then. I'm very thankful for the meticulous attention the previous owner gave the Bullitt.
TB02413 likes this.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

BullittHead

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
Robert,

If you havenít done suspension I would do that. Bushings, etc.
Hey Meg! I hope you enjoyed Sema and seeing the new Bullitt! I love your passion for the Bullitt community on Instagram

Yeah I'm looking at the suspension next. I keep hearing this "rattling" noise when I go over the slightest bumps at low speeds. I've heard it may be the securing pins for the brake pads or maybe I just need new spring isolators. What kind of suspension did you do?
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 08:23 AM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 00040
Bullitt #00040 now has 175+k miles. I bought the car in Jan. 2006 with 7800 miles on the car. I have replaced Timing Chain and guides, water pump, thermostat, clutch, brake lines, and crank sensor. All but crank sensor, was performed around 100K miles as just routine maintenance. She has been my daily driver until retirement last year. Still drive her most of the time. Use mobil 1 and change filter and add 1 qt every 5k miles and complete oil change every 10k miles. Still enjoy driving the old girl. See other mode below.
rdefoe1023 and TB02413 like this.

Dave DHG#00040 - Front Chin Spoiler, MGW, Fog Lights, Retro Rings, Drilled and Sloted Rotors and Ceramic Performance Pads, Russell Steel Brake Lines,
Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, MAC Prochamber, 3.73 Ford Racing Gears, JLT CAI, Ford Aluminum Drive Shaft
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 08:08 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Color: True Black
Bullitt Serialized Number: 04742
Might want to put in new diff fluid. Bleeding brakes with some new juice in the system.
I know not a major issue in maintenance, but lighting, both interior and exterior. New lenses if they are oxidized, and sand blasted. And of course bulbs. Perhaps LED or just a new light to make everything glow a little brighter.
rdefoe1023 and bullit4404 like this.

a.k.a. Hoosier Daddy a.k.a. Eco-Bullitt, Save Water

I'm sorry you find my normal behavior inappropriate.

post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 06:16 AM

BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 4133
I own true blue Bullitt #4133 at 118,000 I was having oil issues, occasionally it would puff blue after long idle sessions.it had a little rough issue as well. I tore it down last winter and found the valve seals toast and I had chain slack on the passenger side which I feel was throwing the timing off and affecting the idle. I changed all the timing components with the Ford racing kit. I changed the cams to mhs stage 2 gen 2. New felpro viton seals, mmr Ford springs, new Ford cam followers, new Ford lash adjusters, new Ford oil pump, new Ford cam and crank sensors,new gaskets, new plugs, new coils,new thermostat,new water pump, new egr,new iac,new fuel filter, new oil filter mount gasket. I have logged about 3000 miles since the repairs and the car is running flawless. I didn't go into the lower half but no more oil issues after the seals and car is running strong. Unfortunately even lower mile cars will suffer from deteriorated parts due to age. 213,000 on the original engine is Awesome man! I still have my original clutch, trans and it's on my list because I have the dreaded occasional 1- 2 grind if it's cold and I don't hesitate in nuetral for a millisecond. I have a You tube channel called. 2Rcproductions. I have a video series of all the work I performed if anyone is interested 👍 We need to keep as many Bullitts as we can out of the scrapper, keep em running....
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

BullittHead

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich M. View Post
I own true blue Bullitt #4133 at 118,000 I was having oil issues, occasionally it would puff blue after long idle sessions.it had a little rough issue as well. I tore it down last winter and found the valve seals toast and I had chain slack on the passenger side which I feel was throwing the timing off and affecting the idle. I changed all the timing components with the Ford racing kit. I changed the cams to mhs stage 2 gen 2. New felpro viton seals, mmr Ford springs, new Ford cam followers, new Ford lash adjusters, new Ford oil pump, new Ford cam and crank sensors,new gaskets, new plugs, new coils,new thermostat,new water pump, new egr,new iac,new fuel filter, new oil filter mount gasket. I have logged about 3000 miles since the repairs and the car is running flawless. I didn't go into the lower half but no more oil issues after the seals and car is running strong. Unfortunately even lower mile cars will suffer from deteriorated parts due to age. 213,000 on the original engine is Awesome man! I still have my original clutch, trans and it's on my list because I have the dreaded occasional 1- 2 grind if it's cold and I don't hesitate in nuetral for a millisecond. I have a You tube channel called. 2Rcproductions. I have a video series of all the work I performed if anyone is interested 👍 We need to keep as many Bullitts as we can out of the scrapper, keep em running....
Wow! That is quite the repair work and I commend you for doing all that yourself. That's one thing I wish I knew how to do with working on my own vehicles. I'm glad she's running flawless now! I'll be sure to check out your channel and see your work!
DavidMidgley and Rich M. like this.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 07:50 PM

BullittHead

Thanks Man, it was scary because I never had a single overhead cam setup apart before but I took my time did alot of research and then the Good Lord helped me along the way. It actually went really smooth. I think you will like the vids they are pretty detailed. I found it pretty hard to get good info on some of the small details that can make or break the process so I wanted to put the vids out there to help out anyone that might need info.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 10:49 PM

Super BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 0504
Great work showcasing the engine work! I haven't had to touch the motor yet at 112,000 miles beyond the IAC, PCV, and plugs. I lost the fourth gear synchro around 100,000 and used it as an excuse to do an IRS swap, poly bushings throughout, and koni SA's while the trans was out though...
Rich M. likes this.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 05:55 AM

BullittHead

Nice!! I bet she handles nice with the suspension upgrades! What did you do to the trans? Did you get the upgraded forks etc? I know there was a recall years back on the forks for the grind etc.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 09:23 AM
Meg

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 01516
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdefoe1023 View Post
Hey Meg! I hope you enjoyed Sema and seeing the new Bullitt! I love your passion for the Bullitt community on Instagram

Yeah I'm looking at the suspension next. I keep hearing this "rattling" noise when I go over the slightest bumps at low speeds. I've heard it may be the securing pins for the brake pads or maybe I just need new spring isolators. What kind of suspension did you do?
Hey Robert!

Thanks for the kind words!
My 01 is at the point where I need to seriously consider suspension replacement as it is not driving like it once did.
Even after checking out the latest and greatest at Sema, Iím not sure what to go with.
Iím thinking Koni or Tokiko shocks and the Eibach pro kit. Itís a simple car so Iím gonna keep it simple. I donít have a need to get all fancy with coil overs or something. To replace all my bushings Iím thinking of Energy Suspension.
Hopefully this helps.
bullit4404 likes this.

2001 Bullitt 01516 out of Ontario. Master PY.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode