• 2 Post By TwoStangWmn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2020, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Color: TB
Bullitt Serialized Number: 05306
In need of some advice

Hey guys, i found an 01 true blue for sale right next to my apartment with only 45k miles. Car is pretty much stock besides an intake, deep dish wheels and a cowl hood (he says he has original parts as well). He has it listed for $11,000 and i was wondering what you experts think about the price (try not to be biased lol). Also, do you have any advice on what i should look for when i go to look at the car this weekend? Any advice is appreciated! I hope to be joining this forum soon!

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome message there.

=== This is an automatically generated message ===
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2020, 08:08 PM

Mega BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 3250
Welcome.

As far as price, I paid $12.5K for my car 18 months ago with 37K miles. I think the price is fair and you probably have some room for negotiation. It all hinges on the condition of the car.

As far as what to look for, get the VIN and run a CarFax to see the vehicles history.

Take the VIN to your local Ford dealer and ask the service manager to run an OASIS report so you can see any factory service records.

Finally, check the serial number sticker on the drivers side shock tower and see if the previous owner registered the car on this site.

Check to see if the owner has kept good records for all maintenance performed.

Check to make sure all the Bullitt unique items are on the car. Things like the mud flaps, rocker sills, door sill scuff plates, etc. Find a copy of the Bullitt dealer brochure online so you know what to look for.

Sounds like a nice car. Go give it a thorough looking over and a good long test drive. Then report back and let us know what you found out.

Also consider that only 722 Bullitt were produced in True Blue making them the rarest color of the three. True Blue Bullitts are also faster!

Hope this helps and good luck with your research. I’m sure others will pop in with some additional thoughts.

Jerry
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2020, 08:47 PM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 4404
What 39 Tudor said. You will need to go over the car, after nearly 20 years, stuff just times out. Good luck.
Check out my series "17 year old car" under 01 Service department.
Part 3 is under 08 Service department.
39Tudor and FarmerDon like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

Last edited by bullit4404; 02-11-2020 at 10:15 PM.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 02:51 PM

PY-Like BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 05019
As others said, look it over closely. It sounds like a nice car, although somewhat pricey IMO. Again, depends on condition. It is a pretty low mileage car, so I guess you have to take that into consideration.

I am not sure where you're located, but I have been considering selling my Bullitt also. Not completely stock and it has about 72k miles. Not show car perfect, but still very nice. I was thinking somewhere around $8500 (negotiable to some degree). If this one doesn't pan out and you're interested, let me know.

Good luck with your potential purchase!
39Tudor, FarmerDon and bullit4404 like this.

TB Bullitt #5019
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 08:33 PM

You Broke the Server!

Bullitt Color: B
Bullitt Serialized Number: 01118
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sganow View Post
As others said, look it over closely. It sounds like a nice car, although somewhat pricey IMO. Again, depends on condition. It is a pretty low mileage car, so I guess you have to take that into consideration.

I am not sure where you're located, but I have been considering selling my Bullitt also. Not completely stock and it has about 72k miles. Not show car perfect, but still very nice. I was thinking somewhere around $8500 (negotiable to some degree). If this one doesn't pan out and you're interested, let me know.

Good luck with your potential purchase!

I know someone who lives in OK who would be interested in your TB!! Let me know if you decide to sell.

Tony Alonso
2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt - black, #1118, VIN 1FAFP42X21F213026
2009 Ford Mustang Bullitt - highland green, #6323, VIN 1ZVHT82H995129122
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt - dark highland green, K1254, VIN 1FA6P8K06K5500726
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 03:49 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: HG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 4370
Have a component mechanic inspect the car! Read any service records.
bullit4404 likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 04:34 PM
BEST BULLITT Nats 06

Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 00344
Also, you can go to the very top of this page and click on "BULLITT ARCHIVE" for any Bullitt specific information!
39Tudor and FarmerDon like this.

~VICKI~

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode