post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 06:48 PM

BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 3817
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fords4ever View Post
I know this is a very old thread but iím curious how the Highland Green compares over the different years?

From this thread my understanding is that the 1968 Highland Green might look different than the 2001/2008 versions. Additionally is 2019 a different mix as well?

Of course itís hard to judge by pictures so Iím wondering if anyone has seen a 1968 next to a 2001, 2008, 2019 in person? If so, how lucky you are!
Here's my 2 cents. I have an 08 DHG (dark highland green) Bullitt and, I have a 67 that I painted Highland Green 20 years ago. Side by side, there is a noticeable difference between the two. DHG is a shade darker the Highland green. I think that, someday in the not too distant future, I'll paint my 67 the same color as my 08 DHG. I don't know if there was actually a Dark Highland Green in 68 or was there only Highland Green? Hmmmm.

"Give 'em Hell at The Bell"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 10:17 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 01152
Garage
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizaino View Post
Here's my 2 cents. I have an 08 DHG (dark highland green) Bullitt and, I have a 67 that I painted Highland Green 20 years ago. Side by side, there is a noticeable difference between the two. DHG is a shade darker the Highland green. I think that, someday in the not too distant future, I'll paint my 67 the same color as my 08 DHG. I don't know if there was actually a Dark Highland Green in 68 or was there only Highland Green? Hmmmm.
In 67 the green colors included Moss green and dark moss green. No Highland Green, no dark highland green,...

Highland green is actually a shade darker than the Dark Moss Green. It's an apparent difference, but I wouldn't call it significant. Green painted cars were popular back then, dark colors and black seem to predominate nowadays. Hence, it follows that dark highland green is popular if you must have a green car.

My name is David J. Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me that. You can call me David. Or you can call me David J. Or you can call me David Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me David J. Midgley....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in