8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 04439
Auto Art 2001 DHG Bullitt

Well, after looking for over a year and a half for an Auto Art DHG Bullitt model and being unsuccessful, ended up getting one new in the box for Christmas.

Would like to put it in the engine bay at car shows ect, but am worried about it becoming damaged and/ or stolen. (Haven't even opened the box yet)

I guess my question is was i looking in the wrong places for over a year? All I could find from AA was the 2001 bullitt in black. How hard would it be to find a replacement in DHG should something happen to mine if I decide to display it?

66k miles. 5.0 shifter, drop in K&N, 17x8 black bullitts, DHG pony in grille

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015, 10:58 AM
Friend of IMBOC

Bullitt Color: TB
Bullitt Serialized Number: 3230
the DHG is no longer in production and sold out, so you are at risk of obtaining one from whatever happens to come up in the used market.
The black is also no longer in production, but you can still find unsold stock.
They refused to make one in True Blue.

But interestingly enough, you can get a 2004 red Bullitt....so just get that and paint it what ever color you want!
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Bullitt Serialized Number: 04439
Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLITT3230 View Post
the DHG is no longer in production and sold out, so you are at risk of obtaining one from whatever happens to come up in the used market.
Hmmm, ok guess I will keep mine in the box with all the stickers on it!

Quote:
But interestingly enough, you can get a 2004 red Bullitt....so just get that and paint it what ever color you want!
Just looked this up, HUH! Who would have known, a 2004 "bullitt" mustang

66k miles. 5.0 shifter, drop in K&N, 17x8 black bullitts, DHG pony in grille

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015, 02:27 PM
Friend of IMBOC

Bullitt Color: TB
Bullitt Serialized Number: 3230
I always thought it was weird that they refused to produce a TB, but then went ahead and did a production run on the ultra rare 2004 red Bullitt!
Even better is when they were contacted about their gaffe, they arrogantly held to their stance that they produce nothing but high quality and that there was nothing wrong with the 2004 version.

One thing I have learned in life...you can never argue with self righteous arrogant indignation....

But hey...get yours now while you still can...you too can own the rarest of the rare!
waycad likes this.
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015, 08:21 PM
Charles

GONE TO PLAID!

Bullitt Color: Multiple Bullitts
Bullitt Serialized Number: 00736
The DHG's are very rare now. I looked for a few years. Strokerswild posted his NIB and I bought it within 5 minutes of his post. It will always be a "study" queen,

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 12:08 AM

Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 01152
Garage
One word: Ebay.

My name is David J. Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me that. You can call me David. Or you can call me David J. Or you can call me David Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me David J. Midgley....
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 03:18 PM

Mega BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 1175
I followed one on eBay recently, but forgot to go back and bid. Very difficult to find one. Mine was recently damaged and the roof is caved in. =( Wondering if my "dent guy" could work his magic on it.

Tony
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 05:33 PM

Bullitt Serialized Number: 01152
Garage
Yeah, your dent guy can work that out.

My name is David J. Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me that. You can call me David. Or you can call me David J. Or you can call me David Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me David J. Midgley....
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 07:05 PM

Mega BullittHead

Bullitt Color: True Blue
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1757
Quote:
They refused to make one in True Blue.
So I made my own 1 of 1

rancorkeeper and waycad like this.

"1 of 23" built for Canada...
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 08:59 AM

BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 02223
Couldn't afford to buy an '01 Bullitt when it launched, so I bought an Auto Art 2001 DHG Bullitt die-cast back in the day to put on my office shelf.
Glanced at it all the time.
Now, 13 years later, the real deal is parked in my garage.
Proof that the "carrot at the end of the stick" theory really works.

Jim -
'01 DHG # 2223
waycad likes this.
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 04:11 PM
Car Whisperer

Bullitt Year: No Bullitt
Bullitt Color: No Bullitt
Bullitt Serialized Number: 9999
instead of putting in the engine bay, stick on top of your dash under the mirror. no one can get to it when you lock the car and they can still see it well. where I always stuck mine when I had the B and now, stick mine for the Snake.

I still have my rarest of all DHG Autoart's B....the Frankenstang.

was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him had better take a closer look at the U.S. Native-American Indian."

post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 04:51 PM

You Broke the Server!

Location: The RGV. Home of the ORIGINAL primitive screwheads.
Bullitt Serialized Number: 02429
Once in a while, I'll just type in "2001 Bullitt" on Ebay to see what comes up. It seems there was always a few DHG AA Bullitts. I guess I haven't looked in a bit. I have one I got back about 12 years ago for displays and recently bought one from a friend. I left that one in the box, but my display Bullitt lost a windshield wiper and the rear axle broke. I fixed the axle and got a windshield wiper off of a Maisto 99 Mustang I found at the flea market for 3 bucks. It's got a few scuffs that don't want to come out, but I really don't display it with the car anymore.

Dakota - ya do what ya gotta do! I don't think I've seen another done in blue.

Tim - I'm assuming you now have a Cobra and a Mach 1 that have Bullitt parts on them? Did the replacement trunk and hood fit okay?

2001 DHG Bullitt. Bought new on 9-29-01. 4.10 gears, drilled and slotted rotors. 9" front and 10.5 rear black Bullitt rims. GT fog lights and Mach 1 chin spoiler. SR lowering springs, JLT Ram Air, Webtronics sequentials, MRT hood struts, MSD c.o.p.s
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-18-2015, 09:07 AM
Quest for single digits

Bullitt Color: DHG1521 B3749 TB3735 DHG736
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1521
A few years back I stumbled upon a DHG one which I ended up giving to someone else for what I paid for it. I regret doing that now, should've kept it.

Visit the New
and the New
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-21-2015, 09:40 PM

Bullitt Serialized Number: 04576
Garage
Way to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
So I made my own 1 of 1
Very Cool, thanks

post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-21-2015, 09:41 PM

Bullitt Serialized Number: 04576
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBit View Post
instead of putting in the engine bay, stick on top of your dash under the mirror. no one can get to it when you lock the car and they can still see it well. where I always stuck mine when I had the B and now, stick mine for the Snake.

I still have my rarest of all DHG Autoart's B....the Frankenstang.

Very Cool adaptation

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode