Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

'01 & '08/'09 Same Color of Paint?

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  magnum347 
#1 ·
I have an '01, and am restoring a '68. Eventually I would like to either get an '08/'09 or swap my '01 for one. However, in my restoration of the '68 I would like to paint it the same highland green of the '01 (code PY) and not using the same Highland Green (code R) as was used in '68. Even though I know the '08/'09 is paint code PX, I have never seen an '01 and a '08/'09 next to one another in person. I've found a few pics online and they look close(ish). I don't want to paint the '68 like the '01 if it doesn't match the '08/'09. I love the '19, but that color is an entirely different monster! Any advice?

#4 ·
Not at all... Park an 01 next to an 08 and you'll see. PX and PY paint codes are different.

Reactions: bullit4404
#5 ·
If you talk to a paint shop and they pull the mix formula, they will be the same.

I heard somewhere, that the difference was they used a different color primer. Don't know that for sure. But then again, that came from the Internet so it HAS to be true, doesn't it?

I think it has more to do with the 01 being more "curvy" than the 08. With the 08, you see more flat panels and the 01 shows more curves (I sure hope this post doesn't get censored. :D ) If the paint is the same, maybe that will explain the difference in appearance.

#6 · (Edited)
OMG really … Once again park an 01 DHG Bullitt next to an 08. There's a reason why there are TWO paint codes thus why Ford created PY and PX.

Go here www.automotivetouchup.com and you can order both a spray can of PX and another of PY.

Buy both and see for yourself

#7 ·
Here you go for all those who need proof.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.