• 2 Post By WMUCarGuy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 2065
Garage
Ford Racing Sway Bars & Panhard Bar Installed - Help!

So I've been piece together the Ford Racing Adjustable Handling Pack on my Bullitt and the final two pieces were the adjustable sway bars and adjustable panhard bar. I had a buddy of mine help me install them, and I have to say, I'm quite impressed with how flat the car corners, now. I also like that my axle is no longer off-center, which always bugged me.

I have noticed, however, that there is often a slight "shudder" coming from somewhere in the rear suspension that only happens at low speed, mostly when I leave a stop light driving at a normal pace. It's like there is a slight vibration in the rear end for a moment, and then as I pick up speed, it goes away. I will have my buddy take a look at it, but can any of you think of what it might be?

I had also firmed up the shocks from full soft, to about the middle of the range, as well, so could that play into this vibration somehow?

nelsonbullitt and DAN#BULLITT like this.

2008 Mustang Bullitt #2065
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 04:50 PM
Car Whisperer

Bullitt Year: No Bullitt
Bullitt Color: No Bullitt
Bullitt Serialized Number: 9999
adjustments off?

was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him had better take a closer look at the U.S. Native-American Indian."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 08:05 PM
2009 Owner

Bullitt Year: 09
Bullitt Color: HG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6283
Firming things up with stiffer bushings, etc. , you could start to feel vibrations which are normally damped.

Lowered? Stock or aftermarket driveshaft?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Monster BullittHead

Garage
The vibration seems to have worked its out. I haven't noticed it the last few times I've driven.

Yes, Ron, it is lowered, the Ford Racing 1" springs, but driveshaft is stock.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 09:54 AM
2009 Owner

Bullitt Year: 09
Bullitt Color: HG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6283
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
The vibration seems to have worked its out. I haven't noticed it the last few times I've driven.
Yes, Ron, it is lowered, the Ford Racing 1" springs, but driveshaft is stock.

Good! Hopefully it will stay that way.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 12:44 PM
Car Whisperer

good, you really shouldn't get added vibration from lowering and the mods you did, stiffer increases more road feel. i.e., feel more bumps in the road, road surface, etc. and more nvh (noise) from the harder bushings but not a vibration. vibrations from back there could come from tires, ds, pinion angle or if something was off in adjustment throwing everything else off. sounds like it straightened itself out...at least hopefully.

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him had better take a closer look at the U.S. Native-American Indian."

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Monster BullittHead

Garage
It definitely seems to have worked itself out. The car feels great, again, now. (knock on wood).

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 11:08 AM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Serialized Number: 2059
Do the endlinks have grease fittings? On one of my previous cars with upgraded sway/endlinks, I would get a pretty good clicking sound going around corners if they needed to be lubed, usually once a year.

FR500S mufflers, MGW shifter, BMR adjustable Panhard bar, GT500 finned Differential cover ~ "Thats thinkin with your dipstick Jimmy!" ~
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 11:57 PM
Car Whisperer

heim joint ends will do that too.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 01:40 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 19
Bullitt Serialized Number: 3107
It sounds like you have the P springs. I think of the lowering springs that they are quite good.

Did you add the adjustable end links for the front sway bar?

I congratulate you on your mods. Sounds like you are pleased!

K3107 Mods: dual horns. Soon Steeda tune.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode