3Likes
  • 3 Post By chuckh

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

BullittHead

Bullitt Color: B
Bullitt Serialized Number: 3550
Strut tower brace color?

My battery cracked open and got battery acid on my strut tower brace (that was mint mind you) and now I have black spots all over it where it ate the paint off. Does anybody know the paint or powder color code so I can have it re-done?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 11:14 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 5386
subscribed, would like to know myself. When I bough mine it was scuffed pretty bad. I've just left it for now. Would like to paint it. I do see where it rubs the hood insulation, so I think it's going to need to be cleared.

Rodney, 5386. Mods: Brembo front brakes, Raxiom rear LED lights, Raxiom infotainment center, AM AMR wheels, Tokico D-Specs, Eibach sways, Detroit Torsen true track diff, Vogtland/Ford FRPP springs, CS front bumper, AutoMeter gauge pod, VDO gauges and some other stuff...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 10:36 AM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 2065
Garage
Not sure what the color is, but you could buy a new one from Ford Performance for fairly cheap. It's the V6 strut tower brace.

Unfortunately, it's nearly impossible to get the Bullitt plaque off of the current one without destroying it, so that may not be a good idea...

2008 Mustang Bullitt #2065

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
Not sure what the color is, but you could buy a new one from Ford Performance for fairly cheap. It's the V6 strut tower brace.

Unfortunately, it's nearly impossible to get the Bullitt plaque off of the current one without destroying it, so that may not be a good idea...
I had thought about that option as well, but removing the plaque does concern me. So thanks for clarifying I would ruin it, lol.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 04:27 PM

You Broke the Server!

Bullitt Serialized Number: 5623
I've got mine painted Dupli-Color engine aluminum. Remove strut brace,Tape off plaque and scuff up with some green scotch brite, clean with alcohol and paint/

Visit the New
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and the New

Johnny Lightening 93 Octane tune, Detroit Rocker Cams, Long Tube Headers, Green air filter, Radiator close out panels, Engine dress up kit. Sequential taillights, Black wrinkle cam covers, MGW shifter.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 12:09 PM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 2065
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty View Post
I had thought about that option as well, but removing the plaque does concern me. So thanks for clarifying I would ruin it, lol.
When I was at Ford Racing, we had a guy call in whose Bullitt had been in a crash and the brace was damaged, but not the plaque. He ordered a new brace and then could not get the old plaque off. Wound up bending it and ruining it.

They are affixed to the brace with some serious adhesive - to reduce the chances of people buying a wrecked on the making a clone.

2008 Mustang Bullitt #2065
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

BullittHead

Just a follow up to this, is there anyone who makes replacement number plaques for the strut brace? If I bought a Ford Racing one and wanted to put the plaque on it type deal. Just curious.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 04:11 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Color: HG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1PP06
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty View Post
Just a follow up to this, is there anyone who makes replacement number plaques for the strut brace? If I bought a Ford Racing one and wanted to put the plaque on it type deal. Just curious.
See my post in this linc:
https://www.imboc.com/forums/156-08-0...t-experts.html

08 HG 2498
08 HG 2751 VNP
08 HG 5486 STB
08 HG 1PP06

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 07:02 AM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 09
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6005
Garage
JMO, but it's going to be a shade of grey/gray (whichever spelling's preferred) and getting it dialed-in 100% is probably not too terribly important. If it was me, I'd take it to a good coater and have them try to match color the best they can. Powdercoating's the better option...IMO...vs. re-paint. Let us know if/how you elect to get this fixed.

- 1970 302 Boss ( deceased
), - 1969 Mach-1 (Sold
), -1982 Ghia ( Sold
) +2009 DHG Bullitt #6005 (
) USAF, Retired (MSgt)
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palerider View Post
Thanks, I saw a similar post with the "replica" plates and I may order some up just to have. It's a decent option.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman62 View Post
JMO, but it's going to be a shade of grey/gray (whichever spelling's preferred) and getting it dialed-in 100% is probably not too terribly important. If it was me, I'd take it to a good coater and have them try to match color the best they can. Powdercoating's the better option...IMO...vs. re-paint. Let us know if/how you elect to get this fixed.
I am going to leave it alone until I decide what I'm going to do in terms of a supercharger. chances are I'll have it powder-coated as close as I can. At least I know it will be durable.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode